Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 7th June 2009: Infanterie Greift An!  (Read 56966 times)

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Meh, i really dont care if the uniforms are accurate. They look just fine to me and i cant wait to see them in-game.

Its the principal of the damn thing.  They were correct in FH1, why can't they be correct in FH2?  The mod is about realism on equipment, no?  Then why should it be allowed for them to make up camo schemes, and completely leave absent camo from an entire service branch that used them with regularity?
I see what you say, however its a minor detail that could be changed in a follow up patch so as not to delay release. Most people wont even know the diffenece. ;)

Offline A-tree

• View Profile
I don't get it. No offence to you von mudra but haveing a less common camo pattern doesnt seem to much of an issue to me. I mean the British in the first release had the wrong rifle for the period, and still continue to have the wrong pouches and stuff, and nobody seemed, or seems to care that much. Although it would be nice to have foliage in helmets, and a bit more variation in British uniform.
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 05:06:27 by A-tree »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Well its something that's not too hard to fix....  If they have the model for the tunic done, they just need to do the texturization for correct Dot44 (if that's still what they want to use....)

Even then, the Heer still are lacking the camo smocks, and the helmets are lacking any of the camo that was religiously applied.

No, A-tree, the problem isn't a less used camo.  Its that that camo pattern never EXISTED.  There is no such thing as the camo pattern ingame there.  It looks like a bastard child of fall oak camo and dot 44.

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
A spectacular update guys
btw nice research Von Mudra
From my limited knowledge on german uniforms, i'd say that the medic shown in the update is SS judging from the collar tab visible and left arm eagle insignia. VM, could you give me some confirmation of my deductions?  :) :-\

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Yes, he is.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Well its something that's not too hard to fix....  If they have the model for the tunic done, they just need to do the texturization for correct Dot44 (if that's still what they want to use....)

Even then, the Heer still are lacking the camo smocks, and the helmets are lacking any of the camo that was religiously applied.

No, A-tree, the problem isn't a less used camo.  Its that that camo pattern never EXISTED.  There is no such thing as the camo pattern ingame there.  It looks like a bastard child of fall oak camo and dot 44.
Im not saying it shouldnt be fixed, just that i would not want it to delay release by even one day.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Yeah, but in that case, they should have gotten it right the first time.  Hell, I offered repeatedly to help in researching and guiding them on the uniforms.  I even wrote a LONG diatribe on the FF forums ON German uniforms in Normandy.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
I LOVE U ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I PROMISE I WILL INSTALL FH2 AS SOON AS 2.2 IS RELEASED

GREAT CAMO

Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline LtJimmy

• View Profile
Yes, he is.
Hmm thats rather interesting because I remember hearing somewhere that because of them having a large German player base, the FH Dev team said that they couldn't/wouldn't use the SS in the mod. Perhaps i heard wrong, or something has changed.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
ahh second! wonder if camo will work?

well DUH

you can crawl in to trees so if you are the same color sure i bet it will work.

also the green GIs uniforms. ;D
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Yes, he is.
Hmm thats rather interesting because I remember hearing somewhere that because of them having a large German player base, the FH Dev team said that they couldn't/wouldn't use the SS in the mod. Perhaps i heard wrong, or something has changed.

Yeah, so do I.  Perhaps they just have to omit the SS runes?

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Yes, he is.
Hum the dev don't want nazi symbols, no swastiska, no runic SS stuff etc.

Offline LtJimmy

• View Profile
Then explain the right collar on this man. Gentlemen *dramatic pause* I give you Exhibit A:

Dun Dun Duhhhhh!
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 05:06:35 by LtJimmy »

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
dang.... I was hoping for US models, but still these German models are great...

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Then explain the right collar on this gentleman. I give you Exhibit A:

Dun Dun Duhhhhh!
:o
maybe they don't want the illegal symbols in germany and SS wasn't one of them.