Author Topic: [SOLUTION] FH2 crashes often on win7 / vista  (Read 58271 times)

Offline tiger1elite

• View Profile
Re: [SOLUTION] FH2 crashes often on win7 / vista
« Reply #15 on: 24-04-2012, 03:04:16 »
I have tried the comatibility option mentioned here for windows 7 and nothing has changed. I get a blank screen for a few seconds, then it just goes right back to the desktop. Also, I have tried this mod on my older windows xp. It worked for a while but now it becomes unresponsive when I load any map. I tried re-installing it on Desura, but no change. Not sure why this mod is being so difficult for me, but I would sure like to have on board soon! Thank you

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-04-2012, 08:04:53 »
Hi Tiger,
have you tried all the other stuff that is written in this thread: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0 ?

Edit: Could a Mod take these two posts and split them into a separate thread? Thx. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Donahops

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-07-2012, 02:07:11 »
I have the same F... Problem... But instead loading the map it crashes at 14% when loading :s

I HATE THIS S*** please guys... help me

I've tried the Win 98 thing, the desktop thing, Running as administrator, i've Patches 1.41 and 1.50 from BF2.

I have several mods... but this is the only one I wan't to play OMG help! hahahaha

I'll give you 3 carrots if help me xd

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-07-2012, 00:07:30 »
If you crash at 14%, then the crashing problem has to do with your objects folders.
Notice at 14% it says "Objects" over on the bottom right corner of the screen. Usually you crash like this because of modded or conflicting content. Let me know if this helps you.

Offline ShadowNick1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-07-2012, 00:07:07 »
I tried doing as the solution says but the game still crashes time and time again.

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-07-2012, 23:07:33 »
This solution/fix does not work. Getting more crashes than ever.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17542.15

Offline mjd007

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11-08-2012, 05:08:36 »
Hello I am having a small issue with forgotten hope 2. I run it through steam and when I try to connect to the server the first time it does not connect and I get the error message. After that when i get in on the second load I play the map fine it then crashes to desktop when loading the next map. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11-08-2012, 09:08:58 »
The double connect thing happens to me too; the map switch crash is neither a Steam issue.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline mjd007

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-08-2012, 03:08:43 »
So any advice how to fix it or do i just have to wait for the a patch to fix it.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12-08-2012, 11:08:45 »
So any advice how to fix it or do i just have to wait for the a patch to fix it.

Your problem comes from a bugged update of Punkbuster. Everyone has it, and the only thing we can hope is that they fix their crap.
Until then, the only thing you can do is to try to connect on an empty server first to get rid of the connection error, and then connect to the server you want to play on.

Offline mjd007

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-08-2012, 19:08:51 »
Okay thank you

Offline gslack

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-10-2012, 06:10:08 »
I have tried every fix and solution I can google up over the last week. The mod crashes as soon as I try and load a singleplayer map/game. It starts fine, runs the video intros and background videos fine, when I select singleplayer and then select a map it crashes to desktop immediately.

Tried installing with Desura, same thing. Read that it was probably a Desura issue and to download and install the mod via the regular 2 part installer. So did that, same EXACT problem. The game is fully patched and current, and legal. Tried with Admin rights, win XP sp2 compatibility, disabled desktop composition, and so on and so forth. No matter what settings, it does it the same way every time.

And yes my system will run BF2 maxed easily, as well as most mods I have tried. My only guess at this point would be a screen resolution issue, perhaps widescreen related. I am in the process of trying various resolutions both 4:3 and 16:9. I will post anything I find out.

*EDIT*

Tried 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 720, as well as my native 1600 x 900, all resolutions and settings from low to high and all points in between give the same CTD at the same point mentioned previously in this post. Well I'm giving up for now. Good luck guys.
« Last Edit: 27-10-2012, 06:10:39 by gslack »

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27-10-2012, 16:10:37 »
Giving up? Never give up.. try running FH2 in windowed mode, see if you get an error when it crashes.

Offline gslack

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28-10-2012, 02:10:02 »
Okay got somewhere finally.

I realized I hadn't tried other maps yet, so I tried the second 16 player map and bingo it loaded fine. The first map no matter what settings I use will not work. From the way it crashes with no error I really think it has something to do with video, either resolution, aspect ratio, or something else with that first map that either doesn't like something on my video settings. Don't believe its a directx issue, at least not directly due to the lack of error report.

Perhaps its something to do with the latest Nvidia driver or Physix API. I run a simple Nvidia GT440 2 gig video card on this rig. Its a solid card for its age allows me to run Skyrim on medium settings, Assassins creed I, II, and several other games that are much more taxing than BF2. That card with a AMD 5500+ X2 and 4 gigs of ram and the 1 terabyte western digital black edition hard drive shouldn't be an issue as far as hardware ability. It has to be something in a driver, the mod itself particularly that first map, or something with Win 7 64 bit and all the Microsoft garbage (UAC, so on.). My first thought was UAC but its running as admin across the board on all the exe's.

I'll keep on trying, I'm too stubborn to quit outright.. I was just talkin crap earlier LOL.

Offline gslack

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28-10-2012, 02:10:35 »
Got to play a few rounds on the second map. Runs fine until the actual battles commence. Then it starts to slow WAY down to the point its completely unplayable. Not sure what it is now... My first guess is something somewhere in this mod is not optimized. BF2 has poor memory usage as it is, add a modd like this which pushes the engines graphic capabilities, and a slight memory leak, no matter how small can be devastating.

That aside, I like this mod a great deal, I love the concept and the execution, the work done is phenomenal and truly a beautiful game and remarkable achievement. Right now in this latest version it has some problems thats all. I will keep the mod and await the update which I'm sure will fix it. Its too good a mod and too polished to think the developers just won't address it. In the mean time I'll tweak and poke it till I get it to run.

Thanks for a great mod, and these little problems are nothing and I know they are being worked on.