Author Topic: 1.50 beta out. DO Not Download!  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
Re: 1.50 beta out. DO Not Download!
« Reply #15 on: 24-04-2009, 17:04:17 »
Sorry, but the patch was already hacked in 90 minutes (aimbots, shader hacks).

The patch might fix the PID spoofing though, but I remain skeptical.

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-04-2009, 22:04:22 »
Not surprised with there being negative comments since its still BETA.
Not surprising, as way too many people don't get what "beta" means. "Beta" means "OK, the devs need a hand getting this finished as they don't have enough testers themselves or want to speed up the testing process, so let's download this and search it for bugs and glitches and give constructive feedback". It does not mean "woot we r get 2 play teh game early yay us :D!11".

lol the funny thing about this is that all the guys at pr seem to be fine with whats in the patch
Now we know why all you FH2 people hate it. It's become a "PR feature".  :P ;D
« Last Edit: 24-04-2009, 22:04:33 by Safe-Keeper »

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-04-2009, 22:04:20 »
Not surprising, as way too many people don't get what "beta" means. "Beta" means "OK, the devs need a hand getting this finished as they don't have enough testers themselves or want to speed up the testing process, so let's download this and search it for bugs and glitches and give constructive feedback". It does not mean "woot we r get 2 play teh game early yay us :D!11".

Emphasis added by me.  This also goes for anyone wanting to Beta-Test FH2.  It's not a free ride to get to play early.

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #18 on: 25-04-2009, 00:04:46 »
Indeed. It doesn't seem to break anything so far (though perhaps an issue with single player) so we're happy. The only point I'm not happy with is the addition of SecuRom. Dice has also promised to contact nVidia to fix some shader bug in the latest driver, so I'm optimistic.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-04-2009, 01:04:07 »
I don't get all the hostility. Doesn't a patch improve things... I mean, impact handling should be better right, meaning strafing runs in FH2 should get more results....

Is this like hate the big coorpation day? I mean, granted DICE engines aren't Crysis - Hello, they were made in 2001, 2004 for a 2002 and 2005 game. AND if someone has buit his house and you decide to camp outside it, can you blame the guy for not providing better shade? They made their game arcadey etc, etc for a reason and it sold... spurning sequels in the process. Why should they make it with FH in mind...

Maybe, I'm not seeing something here...

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-04-2009, 01:04:57 »

lol the funny thing about this is that all the guys at pr seem to be fine with whats in the patch
Now we know why all you FH2 people hate it. It's become a "PR feature".  :P ;D

Thank you! That's of course also the reason we don't have open-betas of FH2, people would just get disappointed.

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-04-2009, 10:04:53 »
thanks for the info...you save my ass  ;D