Author Topic: 'Exploit' question  (Read 4450 times)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: 'Exploit' question
« Reply #15 on: 27-07-2012, 14:07:34 »
"exploit" "noob tactic" lol! All I see is whine. Gj for actually pulling it off, a "noob" certainly couldnt.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27-07-2012, 16:07:57 »
well, dunno how it was in this case but I was a witness of such "noob tactic" on op. Goodwood once, and that was totally lame. Some allied player was circling around my StuG and ramming it with M5A1 halftrack like a fuckin idiot when other was shooting .50 on me without a reason as they could do shit with it. That was made for lulz for sure, but wasn't funny from my perspective, I would rather call it disturbing and kick both morons if I was an admin...  ::)

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27-07-2012, 16:07:48 »
yeah, that's just gamebreaking, and very noob
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27-07-2012, 16:07:25 »
That was made for lulz for sure, but wasn't funny from my perspective, I would rather call it disturbing and kick both morons if I was an admin...  ::)

Wow, if I went that way, hslan would be empty in one evening  ::).

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27-07-2012, 16:07:24 »
This, apparently, was an 'exploit'. The guy in the Panther was sheikyourbouti. I guess he has a bit of a reputation around here, but I happen to agree with most of what he says on here and in game, but I was gobsmacked that anyone could possibly consider what I did an exploit. He said it was a 'noob tactic' (circling enemy tanks in the Greyhound or Puma) and that he couldn't wait until it was removed. He was in the best tank on the map, and I wasn't even in a tank at all. His view from what I gathered was that the turret speed on the Panther has been nerfed. I want to be careful because I had a crash to desktop shortly after this and inexplicably the map took over 10 minutes to load again

Its not an "exploit" using a spawned vehicle & maximizing its advantages...... that takes skill

however if you were flying .............. :P

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:26 »
If you manage to kill a Panther while in a Greyhound, you deserve it and the victim just needs to suck it up.

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:36 »
seriously, wtf?
I can´t see any reason what´s wrong about using your assets to destroy the enemy.
Thats the whole point of the game. Use your options to the fullest potential. Thats defines a good player and takes skill.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27-07-2012, 18:07:06 »
I would also say, that this tactic needs skill. Greyhound is not famous as being a lame vehicle. And why shouldn't you use the 37mm gun for what it was build? Inflicting damage by using it against the weak spots of a superior vehicle.

But the most lame tactic in my eyes is taking a WASP and driving it beside an enemy tank and hope that somewill kill the WASP. The following explosion will kill enemy tank and the the driver. This is kind of kamikaze.

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27-07-2012, 19:07:54 »
This isn't lame. Its the best (and the worst for the Tankers Score) way to take out this f*ckung annoying spawnraping Sherman on PeB.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27-07-2012, 19:07:34 »
well, dunno how it was in this case but I was a witness of such "noob tactic" on op. Goodwood once, and that was totally lame. Some allied player was circling around my StuG and ramming it with M5A1 halftrack like a fuckin idiot when other was shooting .50 on me without a reason as they could do shit with it. That was made for lulz for sure, but wasn't funny from my perspective, I would rather call it disturbing and kick both morons if I was an admin...  ::)
just load HE and shoot straight into the ground, blast damage should finish them off.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-07-2012, 00:07:16 »
An exploit is when you find an error or glitch and use it to your advantage, or if you manifestly use equipment in a way other than was indented by the devs. Clearly the Greyhound and Panther were working 'as intended' so it is not an exploit.

I do however share your distaste for this tactic. I think it is entirely correct to bring it up on the forums and argue as to why it should be changed. But the ability to use a Greyhound or a Puma like this is an imbalance, not an exploit. So long as it remains in game there should be no reason not use it. (Other than you think it sucks)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28-07-2012, 00:07:20 »
This isn't lame. Its the best (and the worst for the Tankers Score) way to take out this f*ckung annoying spawnraping Sherman on PeB.

Yeah, Glöcki. Like your awesome tactic to drive the Kubel into the backside of a tank and blowing it up by this. This is defenetely an exploit, because you are using a bug. I don't know whether the WASP was designed to blow up tanks, but I gues not. I believe that it could have worked in RL, so I see no bug using in terms of the WASP. But I defenetly never heard of german soldiers ramming enemy tanks with the Kübel ;D
Please correct me if I am wrong.

And the tactic with the greayhound isn't lame. If the Panther driver really gives you the possibility to hit him five times with decent damage, then he is doing something wrong.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-07-2012, 01:07:00 »
 With 2.45,
 Tanks cannot reverse anymore, if there is a slight hill behind you, it becomes impossible to actually move. Truck's and APC's also suffer from this very problem and it sucks.

Spinning circles around a tank is not a tactic. Just because those 2 tanks (Puma and Greyhound) haven't been re-balanced doesn't mean that new players need to pay the price of more experienced individuals using a known imbalance to their advantage.  (that means it is an exploit if it cannot be exercised by everyone in game)

It is a plain oversight of the tester's (among the many that exist) and needs to be addressed.

Using vehicles as they were designed to be employed is tactical but I don't recall reading histories of Puma's and greyhounds spinning circles around a tank in order to get enough shots off to effect a kill. The role of armoured reconnaisance is to identify the enemy, then get the hell out of dodge.

Not to spin circles and spit out infantry as the Squad leader dances away from the impossibly slow kill animation that the Anti-tankers have to contend with. Couple that problem with a new player in a tank and it gets very fucking annoying. (so much so, that the entire squad quit playing, instead of sticking through some more maps)

If this game is supposed to simulate reality, then let's maybe do so. If it's supposed to be Fh 1 arcade advanced then fine but enough of the crap about balance this, nerf that and pray that it all works out in the end.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28-07-2012, 02:07:39 »
Ban tactics altogether. Dirty Shermans try to shoot Königstiger in the sides! It's supposed to be invulnerable! Nasty Focke-Wulfs flying higher than Churchill can aim? HAX!

;)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28-07-2012, 03:07:18 »
 learn to fucking read dude,

It is not "tactical" to run circles around somebody. fire and maneuvre, target and run, shoot and scoot... those are tactics.

This situation only gets worse when you have new guys playing, who don't know how to counter-act those kinds of behavior.

If we want to keep new players, then the veteran community as a whole needs to be accommodating. We know all the tricks, it's just up to our conscience as to whether or not we want to play the game, or just make other peoples lives' harder.

lulz-kills have no place in Fh2 whatsoever. If they do, then bring back the Kubel-faust asap

My Quebec includes Canada