Author Topic: FH 2.46 First Impressions  (Read 5923 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.46 First Impressions
« Reply #45 on: 13-04-2014, 19:04:38 »
Is it just me or does the 2.46 crash much more frequently than 2.45? On 2.45, I CTD'd maybe once a month, now it happens once a round.
For me 2.46 is far more stable, not a single crash since the release (and I spent almost whole day & half of the night on the server yesterday)
« Last Edit: 13-04-2014, 19:04:13 by jan_kurator »

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13-04-2014, 19:04:03 »
Is it just me or does the 2.46 crash much more frequently than 2.45? On 2.45, I CTD'd maybe once a month, now it happens once a round.

I'm finding the opposite.  used to ctd  a couple times a session.  now have only ctd once in 2 days...

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13-04-2014, 21:04:14 »
For me 2.46 is far more stable, not a single crash since the release (and I spent almost whole day & half of the night on the server yesterday)

Same for me. Usually crashed at least once a day with 2.45 but haven't had anything happen with 2.46.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13-04-2014, 22:04:24 »
I CTD yesterday after the close of an Africa map.  I forget which one..

PS, I believe I have narrowed down the strange sound issue to my end.

Although I was using headphones and had selected headphones in the Windows audio control panel, I had not selected headphones in the Creative audio control panel.  Once I did, everything sounded different and more normal.  I always wondered why my headphones sounded kind of odd when playing games!
« Last Edit: 13-04-2014, 23:04:35 by Officer_Dufus »

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14-04-2014, 03:04:23 »
Ok, played Omaha twice (as american, one time we lost and the other time we won) and Gold once as German, and won.

Just now I've tried out the MP34. In combat it's fairly weak and/or inaccurate, I need further testing on that one, but it seems like it sprays like a madman.
The G41(W) is my new favorite rifle in the mod. It's loud, it's heavy and kicks like a mule. I love it. Especially the sound and the texture, it really fires with a punch and it's brilliant. Thank you so much for it!
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14-04-2014, 03:04:21 »
Playing FH 2.46 really made me feel like a kid again.  Had a lot of fun.  All of the talk of switching engines tonight made me a sad panda....but really I know that is inevitable.  The future will always bring change.  But for now I am going to enjoy the hell out of FH and that will be that :)

Thanks for such an awesome mod.  That is all I can say.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14-04-2014, 13:04:30 »
Just now I've tried out the MP34. In combat it's fairly weak and/or inaccurate, I need further testing on that one, but it seems like it sprays like a madman.
Same here! It really felt really weak and inaccurate compared to other SMG's (which is funny considering it was a higher quality weapon than MP40 etc.) I don't know if it's in my head or something, but that's what it felt like to me.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline RedBullBF2

• ~WW~Wattwürmer
    • View Profile
    • www.wattwuermer.org
« Reply #52 on: 14-04-2014, 13:04:59 »
I missed the heavy Artillery on Sidi Rezegh. The British have no chance to knock out the 8.8. The motar are not good enough. The Pak on the right flank make all tanks down.

Pls check this map 4 balancing....

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14-04-2014, 13:04:20 »
Same here! It really felt really weak and inaccurate compared to other SMG's (which is funny considering it was a higher quality weapon than MP40 etc.) I don't know if it's in my head or something, but that's what it felt like to me.

It's probably just in your heads, since it's codded like MP40 AFAIK so it simply can't have worse performance. Considering the fact it was high quality weapon IRL, I think we can try to improve it's ingame performance in future to make it clearly stand out from other SMGs (but I'm just a tester, not codder, you can try to post about this issue in general feedback section to bring developers attention to this problem). It's very rare weapon so it should not affect balance too much.

I missed the heavy Artillery on Sidi Rezegh. The British have no chance to knock out the 8.8. The motar are not good enough. The Pak on the right flank make all tanks down.

Pls check this map 4 balancing....

Please post your feedback about this map here: 2.46 Sidi Rezegh 64 feedback. Except very minor fixes and addition of BMW R75 this map haven't been changed since 2.45 releae, so any feedback can be helpfull to improve it in the future  :)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 14-04-2014, 19:04:26 »
It is very funny, how a different sound or a different outward appearance can change the perception of waopons. Once I tried watchtowers soundmod some years ago and suddenly some weapons became much much better. It is really weird. It felt I did more kills with it. Another example are the italian rifles or machine guns. I see this especially in the Forgotten Honor campaign. Some people say the weapons are total crap. But infact there is only very few difference to the other rifles. People are just not used to the different sights. And as the sound is "weaker" when compared to the SMLE rifle, the waepons also feel inferior.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 15-04-2014, 01:04:41 »
I have noticed this as well.  Of course I have not use a sound mod in any other game besides Medal of Honor.

But the sound has a LOT to do with it, seriously.  It is a strange phenomena.

PS, I think the sound of the Italian rifles is very beefy.  It's great.  I don't hear them as "weak"

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18-04-2014, 17:04:36 »
And another "first impression"

The game crashes far too often. Every round, a couple of times. Drives me crazy!
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18-04-2014, 17:04:12 »
How much are you playing?  I usually try to get in around 1 1/2 hours every evening after work.  So that is roughly two different maps.

I have not experienced a crash yet with the exception of a crash after a map change on Day 1 or Day 2 of the 2.46 release.  There were also 100+ players.

Lately I have been gaming on week nights and there are maybe 40-50 maximum on the server when I get on.  Less players definitely seems to have an impact on stability, I suppose.

If your game is crashing multiple times per round, perhaps there is something else funky on your end.  That is just too frequent!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 18-04-2014, 17:04:32 »
I experienced two crashes on one map yesterday, it was Gold Beach IIRC (first at 2:11 and second one 8 minutes later at 2:18 UTC), when I was playing on WaW #1 server. Is it possible that server causes it or just coincidence? Or maybe the fact that I run the game through the gameserver view has anything to do with it? I have not a single crash on 762 so far.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 18-04-2014, 18:04:28 »
I have not played on a WaW server since the release of 2.46.  Only the 762 servers.

Also what is this server view that you speak of?

I play normally through the FH2 launcher.