Author Topic: Help with Bf2/Fh2  (Read 1159 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Help with Bf2/Fh2
« on: 14-10-2009, 04:10:06 »
Well as some of you might know, BF2 is a pain in the arse bit problematic when it comes to uninstalling. I know to delete the Bf2 folder but just how much more do i delete?
I've heard about how sticky bf2 is to your hardrive...

When reinstalling it comes up with the Only tested on 32 bit I click ok and continue but eventually the installer minimizes and wont come up when clicked.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack 2

Processor: AMD Turion Dual core RM-70, 2.0GHZ
 3 gigs of ram and its a 32-bit operating system

Also with my current installation of BF2 I wasn't able to patch it, anyhelp there?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Bf2/Fh2
« Reply #1 on: 14-10-2009, 05:10:12 »
Do you have the complete collection pack, with the automatic 1.41 patch? If so my bro. had the same sort of problem... if i'm correct, he was able to override it by not installing the patch included in the installation... instead he patched it by downloading the patch else where and manually installing the patch (I think he got his from Xfire or filefront?). This might fix the patch problem. I might be able to get more info later from my bro.  if that doesn't work. As far as accually installing the game, I recall having a similar problem... I don't remember how I fixed that sorry. If you have a lot of security on your PC (firewalls, AV, etc...) that often give you trouble when installing things, you might want to try opening the task manager after you click okay/continue on the installation and make sure you have none of those security programs blocking the installation and just not showing up on your screen as: Security risk, do you wish to continue?
« Last Edit: 14-10-2009, 05:10:41 by Oddball »

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-10-2009, 05:10:00 »
I only have Bf2, no special forces or anything

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-10-2009, 11:10:48 »
A few things I need to know:

- Did you uninstall BF2 using the uninstaller or through the control panels add/remove software (or  whatever the hell it's called in Vista)

- At which moment in the installation do you get message? During the installation of the game, directX, punkbunster, patch 1.41 or patch 1.5

A possible solution:

- Start Vista in SAFE mode, And then perform the installation. It prevents the unsigned and untested warnings. Try it.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-10-2009, 15:10:26 »
I havnt tried uninstalling from the dick, i'll be sure to try that.

When I click install the program waits a few seconds and then the message pops-up

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-10-2009, 18:10:39 »
I havnt tried uninstalling from the dick, i'll be sure to try that.

When I click install the program waits a few seconds and then the message pops-up

Ok not sure what you mean with dick, but like I said boot Vista in safe mode and then install Battlefield 2 again.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-10-2009, 02:10:04 »
*disk, sorry bout that. haha it was 5:30 a.m. and i had just woken up so my brain wasn't exactly functioning

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-10-2009, 10:10:09 »
Ok haha. Just to warn other people of the danger of sleep depravity, I've made a signature out of this.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-10-2009, 15:10:31 »
lmao, your a cruel person!