Announcements > Announcements

Keep an eye out for pirated FH2 content

(1/5) > >>

Ts4EVER:
With the recent changes on Steam that allow people to monetize mods, we expect a rise in attempts to steal FH2 content in order to make a quick buck. It wouldn't be the first time. FH2 holds content that is potentially worth thousands of dollars, and while we don't mind sharing it for free with our community, we don't want other people to use it in their own projects or even make money from our work. We developers do not have the time to check new WW2 mods that come out, so we would like to ask you, our community, to keep an eye out for our content.
If you notice stuff that looks suspiciously like ours (especially if elements like camo patterns or dirt are identical), please make a post in the public forum or pm one of our devs. Do NOT contact the alleged offender yourself or try your hand at internet vigilantism (until we tell you to ;) ).
Thanks in advance,

The Forgotten Hope development team

Edit:
To avoid confusion, the following mods and companies are allowed to use all or parts of FH2 content:

Project Reality Mod for BF2
Totaler Krieg Mod for Men of War
Anti Matter Games Ltd.

LuckyOne:
Ouch, this really brings back bad memories of those Chinese ripoff "game company" that stole half of FH2...
Let's hope that BF2 is not that attractive, since it's half-dead and forgotten (no pun intended :P)  for people to go digging around...

Alubat:

Forgotten Theft Auto V  ;D

Ivancic1941:
There should be FH2 Crime-team police Gestapo that searches around ;D
Seriously,we shoud pay attention about Fh2 content that can be easily stolen......

APTW_Jensen:
I know the Problem, several Men of War mods use FH2 and FH1 Models. I see some weapons and vehicles on russian and chinese mod pages. On ModDb the "Totaler Krieg Mod" has also some models from FH2, but he says in comments that he has a permission.

I 've also seen a few skins in War Thunder as Custom User skins and in CoH but im not 100% sure.

And i have seen last week this Sdkf 250 https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/sdkfz-2503-half-track-command-variant-10791
it looks like yours.

But i think the Main Problem is Men of War, there is a lot of stolen Models, Skins and Weapons...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version