Author Topic: Can't start Fh2  (Read 872 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Can't start Fh2
« on: 30-07-2009, 21:07:25 »
Upon installing Fh2 for the 7th time due to patches (for bf2) I clicked the Fh2 icon on my desktop and received a "Cannot find Bf2.exe" etc. message I have patched to 1.41 and it still says it cannot find bf2.exe please help! This is a very awesome mod and I reallly want to play it so any help would be appreciated  :-\

"bf2.exe does not exist. Please check your working directory!:The system cannot find the file specified"
« Last Edit: 30-07-2009, 21:07:03 by :| Hi »

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Can't start Fh2
« Reply #1 on: 31-07-2009, 18:07:32 »
Were there any old 'corpses' in your registry after patching and doing whatnot to your BF2?
Perhaps there is an entry that points to a faulty directory and FH2's installer tries to find the exe in that folder?
I would try a clean reinstall of everything plus a true clean out of the old installation of BF2.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
Re: Can't start Fh2
« Reply #2 on: 03-08-2009, 21:08:09 »
navigate to the .exe location. usually found n this example.

my programs/ ea games/ battlefield 2/ mods/ fh2/

or something very similar, the right click on it, click send to, select desktop. It will tell you it cant do that but will instead make a short cut select yes.

If running vista its very important to give xp compatibility mode and administrator rights. if you are still haveing trouble just post again.
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder