Author Topic: 128 player test - no lag!  (Read 31622 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: 128 player test - no lag!
« Reply #390 on: 07-08-2012, 15:08:59 »

No, I agree. But I assume the code is going to be shared with everyone, which is a good thing imo. I don't know, but I suppose the current server is 762's since it's running 762 rating and a server does not come from nowhere. No clue if that's so, just guessing. Probably not a final thing anyway, since it's still testing phase.

AFAIK the current server is provided by Nemes1s/his friends and has no affiliation with 762 whatsoever (but I haven't played for a few days so this might have changed in the meantime). The last (laggy) server was devs backup server and it ran Official rankings.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 08-08-2012, 00:08:42 »
Can the map rotation on this test server get mixed up a little more or would that somehow interfere with the testing? Seems like it runs Gazala, Supercharge, Lebisey, Crete and just a FEW others every day.

I would LOVE to see Siege of Tobruk, Siege of Giarabub, Mareth Line, Vossenack, Eppeldorf, St. Vith. Maybe these are run but just not at the times I'm on the server. Just seems like the same 6 to 8 maps every day. Even with high player numbers that's gonna get old fast. I'm especially sick of Gazala and Supercharge(Gazala being on as I'm typing this).

EDIT: Woohoo! Vossenack on! Joining...
« Last Edit: 08-08-2012, 02:08:50 by Professor Anthrax »

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 08-08-2012, 00:08:12 »
For what I know, 762 took over that server. Their rules and admins.

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 08-08-2012, 04:08:34 »
Yes, that is correct. 762 rules, ranking and admins.
Hope all of you enjoy that, despite of that facts.

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 08-08-2012, 09:08:26 »
isnt that a big slap in face to the devs, they helped with a server and support during start and now dumping offical stats?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 08-08-2012, 09:08:55 »
Yes, that is correct. 762 rules, ranking and admins.
Hope all of you enjoy that, despite of that facts.

No sorry. I dont enjoy playing on regular 762 servers, so I wont be showing up on the big server either. I hate the idea of 762 being the only populated server, means no FH2 for some of us.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #396 on: 08-08-2012, 10:08:40 »
Dear Ciupita, you can relax, we did not "take over" anything. :)
I am sorry that you feel that way Flippy Warbear. But of course the choice is yours.

We talked to Nemesis about the situation on the server (too few admins, no rules at all)

We offered to have our admins watch the server - that means enforcing rules that we have found to make players come back to our servers. Nemesis agreed to that. That and the fact that Neo and Knallkopp have been working together with Nemesis for quite a while now are the reasons why this test server, as long as it is running and / or until Nemesis decides otherwise, will have the 762 Ranking running and the 762 admins watch over the bad guys on it.

I do not see how this affects testing of Forgotten Hope and its stability with more than 64 players.

We are well aware of the fact that some people disapprove of that. 762#1 was full untill late last night and the 130p test server was played upon until 5:00 am UTC+2 this morning, although we had only about 64 players left - which meant the Brazilians and North Americans could have easily played elsewhere, had they wished to. So it seems to me we are doing at least some things right.

Regards,
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

« Last Edit: 08-08-2012, 10:08:48 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 08-08-2012, 11:08:47 »
  I logged in yesterday looking for a populated "Official Ranked Server" and there were none.

Will an "Official Ranked Server" be running the 130 player code in the future?

Why does 762 run their own separate rankings?

This splits the small FH2 community player base & is really unnecessary in my opinion.

???

« Last Edit: 08-08-2012, 12:08:16 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 08-08-2012, 11:08:56 »
I do not question your dedication as admins and serverhosters. Your rules are sometimes strange and whatever, but that is your choice and i can live with that. But what i can and will not forget is your own ranking shit that effectfully seperated the community and playerbase.
I was looking forward to really play the big server when i was back on my desktop pc, but i will ditch that now.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 08-08-2012, 12:08:13 »
After reading this latest news im just looking at the FH2 devs (which apparently are sleeping  ) while doing this:

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 08-08-2012, 13:08:04 »
Well, I have to admit that playing on the 762 Servers was a bit more fun when I started with FH (which was FH2) in 2011. I find the rules and gameplay more friendly to beginners and that's what I think attracts more new players to them, while the hslan server, which I enjoyed a lot in my second year of FH2 gaming, is mostly filled with more experienced players and the motto "play hard, play fair" describes quite well the gameplay on hslan: less rigorous rules more experience needed, more fun for the exprienced.

As about the ranking: I like the official fh2 ranking alot more than the 762 ranking. While the 762 ranking is one that fits almost every shooter, the official fh2 ranking is FH2 special and rewards more the guy who plays to win the map and teamplayers. Unfortunately it came so late that alot of people summed up many awards in the 762 ranking and seem to stick to that ranking still, or they like the 762 rules more, I don't know. I would like to see the 762 servers running the FH2 official ranking. Is it possible to run both rankings on the 762 servers?

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 08-08-2012, 13:08:26 »
Dear Ciupita, you can relax, we did not "take over" anything. :)
I am sorry that you feel that way Flippy Warbear. But of course the choice is yours.

Sorry bro, but I'm with Flippy in this one. I feel morally wrong when I play on server with 762 ranking, since you are just bunch of thiefs. You use icons made by FH2 devs and according to my knowledge, without their permission. Also you make the mod played in the way devs don't want it to be by using outsider ranking even when there is an official ranking available. Yes, your ranking was published first, but official ranking was on the works since 2.10 IIRC and you had your ranking ready on other mods + vanilla.

I'm saying this as playing individual, not as forum moderator or betatester, so you shouldn't mix my personal opinions with those groups.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 08-08-2012, 13:08:00 »
Really, if we minded 762 ranking using our icons we would have said something. Calling them thieves for it is overreacting. And as for running different ranking, well, no one is forced to use official ranking. Of course, it would be nice if the entire Forgotten Hope 2 community would use the same ranking, but that's just not the way of it, I suppose.

At any rate. Let's leave the ranking discussing to another time (preferably a year ago) and continue with the thread's topic.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 08-08-2012, 17:08:16 »
When I said "let's leave the ranking discussion" it wasn't a suggestion.

Next posts about it will also be deleted.

Offline BloodyDeed

• View Profile
    • BloodyDeed
« Reply #404 on: 08-08-2012, 17:08:24 »
Server is sponsored by myself and is running 762 Ranking and admin roster.
The guy taking care of it is still Nemes1s.
« Last Edit: 08-08-2012, 17:08:30 by BloodyDeed »