Author Topic: FH2 online etiquette  (Read 14328 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 online etiquette
« Reply #120 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:11 »

Anyway today I was banned on 762 because I was respecting rules... Forgot that admins don't have to obey these rules there...
I was waiting for plane on Totalize map. Nobody was waiting for Typhoon, so I was glad that I'm first in the queue... And of course came Deutschland (I'm not sure if he's admin there, but definately he's admins friend) and of course he stole my plane. I was standing in front of plane telling him to get out. I also typed on a chat that I was first.... Result - I was kicked because of Force teamkilling... No comment... And this happened not the first time when somebody was kicked because he used a vehicle which admin wanted to use.... When I returned there I told what I think about it and I got banned.

So basically
a) planecamping
b) forcing a teamkill
c) returning to the scene of crime and whining, maybe even using strong language.

Good effort mate.

I would have kicked/banned you.

a) this is called waiting in line
b)I wanted my plane back
c)because wanted to tell about injustice on this server

But what can you know about it if you played 10 hours of this game since 2.4 release?  ::)
Get out of the line and do something useful. Planecamping is irritating and does not help anyone. It's not your plane.

Also, stop being an insufferable dolt and above all; don't patronise me. I have played Battlefield 1942 since the demo and Forgotten hope Since the very first release in 2003. I have also spent countless hours beta testing the mod over the years. Your cute prying into my stat-page means absolutely nothing.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:45 »

Anyway today I was banned on 762 because I was respecting rules... Forgot that admins don't have to obey these rules there...
I was waiting for plane on Totalize map. Nobody was waiting for Typhoon, so I was glad that I'm first in the queue... And of course came Deutschland (I'm not sure if he's admin there, but definately he's admins friend) and of course he stole my plane. I was standing in front of plane telling him to get out. I also typed on a chat that I was first.... Result - I was kicked because of Force teamkilling... No comment... And this happened not the first time when somebody was kicked because he used a vehicle which admin wanted to use.... When I returned there I told what I think about it and I got banned.

So basically
a) planecamping
b) forcing a teamkill
c) returning to the scene of crime and whining, maybe even using strong language.

Good effort mate.

I would have kicked/banned you.

a) this is called waiting in line
b)I wanted my plane back
c)because I wanted to tell about injustice on this server

But what can you know about it if you played 10 hours of this game since 2.4 release?  ::)

Nigga you just went full retard. What has number of hours played to do with knowing how not to act on a server?

I won't answer on rhetorical questions....

Are you stupid? I don't expect an answer.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:32 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:57 »
Gee, I guess I dont know jack shit about FH2 because I have like couple of hours of 2.4 played in my _stats_, disregard all those years spent in the testing team because that means jack!

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:03 »
So, I'm not surprised that some maps look like they look since several updates...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:40 »
So, I'm not surprised that some maps look like they look since several updates...

I'm sure that you are prepared to follow up that passive agressive comment with some actual examples.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:28 »

I'm sure that you are prepared to follow up that passive agressive comment with some actual examples.

The same problems with the same maps. Generally it concerns the gameplay issue. Examples:
-Tunis - always won by Brits
-Cobra-90% won by USA
-Eppeldorf - I wonder what you thought when testing it - "surelly there will be ACE in this sherman 76 and he somehow manage to shoot 2 rounds in this lame KT ass"
-mortars on Brest, and 90% won by USA
-PHL - very hard to win by USA
- Bastogne - Thunderbolt vs FW - nice joke... And this fog which doesn't help flying...
-also overpowered Bazooka - if it is so superior, it should be more limited...
-bugged panzerfaust

There are many more thing surely, but that's all what I can remember for this moment...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:55 »
And Im safe to presume that you HAVE posted this feedback into their respective threads and reported potential bugs into the correct forum section?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:00 »
For reporting bugs:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=19.0

For feedback, general and maps:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=26.0

Helpful tip:
Don't go overboard with the antagonising.

Enough of this sort. I'm leaving this thread open on one condition; it continues on the original topic and the flamming and insults stop.
« Last Edit: 30-03-2012, 17:03:06 by Thorondor123 »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 30-03-2012, 17:03:49 »
Also note that all of these concerns (except the PHL one, which is not true anyway imo) have been fixed for 2.45.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 30-03-2012, 18:03:21 »
Ahh the classic case of not understanding how things work and its very forgiveable act since not everyone gets to look behind the scenes (fortunately). Many games of the time get released and then later on fixed, balanced, updated when the absolute need for such arises.

Each update of FH2 is updated and more fixed than the previous ones and of course some things remain the same throughout many releases simply because one voice isnt enough to justify a change when hundred more voices remain silent.

Leaving constructive feedback is helpful and the devs & testers do read them, going about saying that either one of the groups within the FH2 team is not doing what they are supposed to doesnt get you anywhere, except one way ticket to a banana island.

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 30-03-2012, 18:03:07 »
FH2 online etiquette should also extend to how to behave on FH2 forums.  :)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 30-03-2012, 21:03:53 »
Yeah, but the aim of betatesting is making the map balanced.... A bit of criticism and pack of wild hounds attack!!! Looks like you don't accept any comments apart these "fap, fap, fap" comments after new weapon announcement...

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 30-03-2012, 21:03:33 »
Yeah, but the aim of betatesting is making the map balanced.... A bit of criticism and pack of wild hounds attack!!! Looks like you don't accept any comments apart these "fap, fap, fap" comments after new weapon announcement...
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Insulting people and throwing accusations is not welcome. You are focusing on the latter.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 31-03-2012, 20:03:10 »
Kwiot I just read the text log about this situation in the 762 forum and have to say, that your ban is well deserved. A little quotation to refresh your mind:

"
4 kozik13 2 Global [15:59:02] kwiot
21 Kwiot 2 Global [15:59:42] wait in line noob
28 [DKS] o0Deutschland0o 2 Global [15:59:47] kwiot stop tk
46 4F73R8URN3R 2 Global [15:59:49] *§1TOT§0*screen
-1 Admin None Player [15:59:51] §C1001Welcome maxpower7591, please read and follow our rules.
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [15:59:51] Welcome to a ModManager enabled server!
21 Kwiot 2 Global [15:59:55] he deserved it
40 CrysiX22 2 Global [15:59:56] stop tk noobs
8 Fr angevin1962 2 Team [15:59:57] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMwojtast more stupid you died
-1 Admin None Player [16:00:20] §C1001Welcome wanchekid, please read and follow our rules.
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [16:00:20] Welcome to a ModManager enabled server!
0 wojtast 2 Global [16:00:24] jeb_sie_psie
46 4F73R8URN3R 2 Global [16:00:30] no reason to teamkill
24 kozik13 2 Global [16:00:30] heh
46 4F73R8URN3R 2 Global [16:00:32] serious
-1 Admin None Player [16:00:35] §C1001Welcome Virulence88, please read and follow our rules.
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [16:00:35] Welcome to a ModManager enabled server!
21 Kwiot 2 Global [16:00:36] wait in line asshole"

etc ...

Who are you to insult other people and admins? I think you are permanently banned mainly for flaming (thatswhy you lost your admin rights too) and insulting other pople and not for enforcing TK -> thatswhy you got kicked for. Please read the explanations carefuly when you want to reflect the situation well. I don't know how people manage it to get permanently bannd on a server for a game, when only one or two other servers are active. Just start to think a littlebit more, before you use such words in ingame chat to describe other players and how you talk about their servers in a public forum like this one.

@Sir_Pee_Allot:
TK on purpose is forbidden at all also on hslan and has nothing to do with the shittiness of a server. This rule inlcudes TK for revenge. If you alow TK for revenge you get a mess on the server and pure anarchy. When will people start to use their brain?  ::)

Last question: How can someone make complains about online etiquette when he calls other players assholes? And "wait in line noob" doesn't make it sound better.

Edit: sorry Thorondor123, I read your post too late, but wanted to state something clear.
« Last Edit: 31-03-2012, 20:03:10 by 5hitm4k3r »