Author Topic: FH2 online etiquette  (Read 14359 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 online etiquette
« Reply #180 on: 21-05-2012, 16:05:31 »
Well obviously I want people to come play on server that I have partly paid for.

I believe 762 might have better admins nowdays. I can't really argue against that as I haven't played there much.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 22-05-2012, 06:05:26 »
I think I got kicked from 762 for the wrong reason recently. I was intentionally team killing people as commander, but only got kicked for "fighting commander" even though I was only killing my team. Ah well, enough about that...

Have a question: Is it honorable/fair/just to use a tanks coaxial/hull MG against planes that are in the air? It doesn't seem right when I'm in the plane, but seems ok to me when I'm in the tank. Never have I read that coaxial tank MGs were used against planes and it just doesn't seem normal.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 22-05-2012, 09:05:29 »
Some tanks even fired its main cannon to low-flying planes. I also seen this on Il-2's AI ground vehicles.

In real world, an Iraqi T-55 fired air-burst shells (using its 105 mm cannon, of course) at British Lynx helicopter that tries to shoot its TOW missile at them. So, it is quite realistic to me to shoot the coax MG at planes.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 22-05-2012, 12:05:48 »
I think I got kicked from 762 for the wrong reason recently. I was intentionally team killing people as commander, but only got kicked for "fighting commander" even though I was only killing my team. Ah well, enough about that...

Have a question: Is it honorable/fair/just to use a tanks coaxial/hull MG against planes that are in the air? It doesn't seem right when I'm in the plane, but seems ok to me when I'm in the tank. Never have I read that coaxial tank MGs were used against planes and it just doesn't seem normal.

First of all - shame on you for TK. Wth, man?! Grow up.

Second of all, it's a war game and if you want to be defenseless against an opponent then go ahead. If something kills - it kills, exploit the living hell out of it's effectiveness and if it breaks the game then is should be modified by devs (that is basically the main component of beta testing). Only exceptions: TKs and blatant spawn killing if you're not capturing a CP. Support your temmates, kill your enemies, be a nice guy - this are THE rules.

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 25-05-2012, 02:05:37 »
If you can shoot down a plane, do it. I've killed once or twice a plane with a tank main gun, I was like BOOM HEADSHOT!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 25-05-2012, 13:05:28 »
I killed a Stuka once with a Boys rifle on Mersa Matru. I felt awesome after words.

Fortunately, these are rare kill. More likely, a pilot gets killed by another plane, AA guns or crashing.

So no need to change anything.