Author Topic: ESAI: FH2 Edition  (Read 34503 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: ESAI: FH2 Edition
« Reply #210 on: 13-05-2011, 14:05:27 »
If I could, I would help you. But, and this is a very big BUT, I haven't realy got any idea about AI scripting. The only way and the best way is to test your work. So if you want me to test some stuff, please give me something new. I will see what I can do, but I can start with testing next week, because I have no time at the weekend.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #211 on: 13-05-2011, 20:05:04 »
Thanks for your willingness to help out, I really do appreciate it.

Anything beta will be posted in this thread. Keep your eyes peeled; I'm working on something now. Should be up in the next day or so.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 18-05-2011, 02:05:03 »
Ok, so I tried it again today, Mt Olympus. I noted that the assault on the hill i.e church was greatly weakened, but it wasn't bad because we managed to cap flags along the beach including the one with the 25pndr... issue however was, most of these were poorly manned. The Brit bots basically spawned almost exclusively on the hill where the ruins are - a tactical position, since they could counter-attack anywhere, and DID, viciously, after the town fell - But it DID mean that the axis of advance was rather linear.

I dont know how you'd fix this without unbalancing it, since it DOES play currently without any serious chokepoint, but perhaps increasing the assault of the town itself for the Germans without making it their sole priority at any point in time, along with changing British spawn to be more evenly distributed everywhere will make the fighting spread out and resistance possible at all bases...

Just a suggestion.

Offline RedRusky

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 14-06-2011, 21:06:33 »
So if I dled the FH2 Edition, does that count as the FH2 Map Pack as it says in the readme? And if not where do I get it, and if so, All i have to do is place ESAI folder in FH2 main directory?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 15-06-2011, 00:06:34 »
1. You DL FH2 standard from their main website
2. You DL ESAI
3. In ESAI are mapfiles. These go, al la the readme, into the corresponding ZIPs for those maps.

For Mt. Olympus and Lebisey, you also need to fix those maps, using the solution from the DL links thread before applying ESAI to them.

Offline RedRusky

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 15-06-2011, 17:06:49 »
Thank you Dj, But does that mean that  ESAI is only present in those maps?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 15-06-2011, 23:06:16 »
Yes

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 16-06-2011, 13:06:19 »
                                  *** E.S.A.I ***

Enhanced Strategic AI for FH2 --->http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/void/fh2/ESAI-FH2-Current.zip

- The latest (and greatest?) BF2 AI mod, now with FH2-specific map strategies.

- ESAI v2.5 by Void.

HOW TO INSTALL:
Simply unzip/extract ESAI-FH2-Current.zip into '...EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2'...

Then all you need to do is DL the ESAI-compatible map files:

ESAI Map Pack ---> http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/void/fh2/ESAI-FH2_MapPack_1.rar

- Map server.zip's with ESAI files already added.

- Includes Gazala, Lebisey, Mareth Line, Op. Goodwood, Siege of Tobruk, Supercharge, and Villers Bocage.

Operation Luttich ---> http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/void/fh2/operation_luttich_alternate_sp_version_ESAI_patched.rar

- Alternate flag layout (3 more flags per side) by Void.

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip/extract each file into: '...EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels', and you're good to go.

If you don't want to install the ESAI files into each map yourself, just download the map pack and Luttich files (which contain ready-to-go server.zip's)... ;)

Offline RedRusky

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 16-06-2011, 14:06:21 »

If you don't want to install the ESAI files into each map yourself, just download the map pack and Luttich files (which contain ready-to-go server.zip's)... ;)

I did that, but that means ESAI is only present in the maps in the map pack, which aren't all... So my next newb question is where do I put ESAI files for other maps?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 16-06-2011, 14:06:10 »
You basically just need to add one file (Strategies.ai) to the GameModes\sp3\64\AI folder inside the maps's server.zip.

Void wrote a tutorial on how it's done which you can DL here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/esai-enhanced-strategic-ai/downloads/esai-pictorial-setup-guide

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 24-07-2011, 12:07:28 »
 Hopefully we will see this updated for 2.4

If any patch needed it, its 2.4

8)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 24-07-2011, 13:07:07 »
If I am honest, I would like to see it implemented in the mod by default. Also all other fixes and so on for singleplayer/coop. Not every player is willed to read a tutorial, how to set up a coop match with ESAI or how to replace the gameplay objects. I did it, and after a while it was a littlebit of a mess in my map folder, because I didn't know exactly, wich map was modified or not. I think it would also help to attract new players, since most new players want to start the game and just have fun, without editing anything. I also wondered, if anybody of you guys, who are tweaking the SP/Coop stuff, could apply to the Dev team and help them to improve the SP/Coop as part of the dev team. Maybe for better input?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 24-07-2011, 18:07:10 »
If I am honest, I would like to see it implemented in the mod by default. Also all other fixes and so on for singleplayer/coop. Not every player is willed to read a tutorial, how to set up a coop match with ESAI or how to replace the gameplay objects. I did it, and after a while it was a littlebit of a mess in my map folder, because I didn't know exactly, wich map was modified or not. I think it would also help to attract new players, since most new players want to start the game and just have fun, without editing anything. I also wondered, if anybody of you guys, who are tweaking the SP/Coop stuff, could apply to the Dev team and help them to improve the SP/Coop as part of the dev team. Maybe for better input?

I wish it were that simple...

Eppeldorf and Meuse really could use ESAI that's for certain. On Meuse, bots dont move North to cap the base there, so they are forced to either throw infantry over that ridge or tanks down the one bridge they DO cross, making it all a killing field.

Eppeldorf needs better attack/ counterattack on the hill, and both maps need spawn points for guns etc... On Eppeldorf, the nebelwerfer has excellent view all the way up to the church, but NEVER gets manned because it doesn't make 'sense' for a bot to drive to it. I have to drive up there ,and wait for my squad to spawn to see it really shine. It can ONLY be a spawn point, not even a spawn area...

Personally, I think if Remick permitted it, and Void is still around, ALOT of the maps could really shine with static guns all manned (Think of all AT guns on El Alamein's kidney ridge), and then you get a real battle
« Last Edit: 24-07-2011, 19:07:01 by djinn »

Offline eldiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 08-03-2012, 10:03:05 »
Sorry for resurrecting the old thread but this seemed best place to ask.

Void posted a new and improved method at singlepalyer forums.
---
You can change this yourself to use any of the pre-made strategy sets you like as the default for your mod. The trick is to take the mapfile for the strategy set, put most of the lines in AIDefaultStrategies.ai, and then add the last line to AIDefaultStrategiesAdd.ai.
---

I take that this would work for ESAI:FH edition also? I wish not t corrupt my FH installation hence I´ll ask first try later (for a change...).

Thanks!

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #224 on: 08-03-2012, 15:03:54 »
No worries.

Surprised you found the method I posted over at BFSP; it was buried on page 9 of an 11 or 12 page topic.

Anyway, the answer is yes, it will work for fh2 also. Just put all the lines from the map file for your desired strategy set in AIDefaultStrategies.ai except for the last line. The last line goes in AIDefaultStrategiesAdd.ai

If I am honest, I would like to see it implemented in the mod by default.

Done
« Last Edit: 08-03-2012, 16:03:11 by Void »