Author Topic: Traction Wars - WW2 realistic FPS  (Read 47160 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Traction Wars
« Reply #270 on: 19-10-2013, 02:10:55 »
Pure, unadulterated, sex :o this has seriously upped my anticipation for this game (if it was at a 10/10 before it's now up to 11, to quote Spinal Tap)

I have a ton of high hopes for this game and I hope it meets my expectations when it comes out ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 19-10-2013, 03:10:25 »
Oh fuck off! This is just beautiful screenshot. About the HUD, bit too minimalistic for my taste, but what the hell, it's all right.

Actually, the way we're doing is, is the HUD will be tabbed in and out of existence with a key stroke.  So you can close it and bring it up at any time.  Then there will also be a larger map that can be brought up, something akin to unfolding a map from your pocket, with better information.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 19-10-2013, 03:10:49 »
Actually, the way we're doing is, is the HUD will be tabbed in and out of existence with a key stroke.  So you can close it and bring it up at any time.  Then there will also be a larger map that can be brought up, something akin to unfolding a map from your pocket, with better information.

That's what I really like about this, the idea of being able to assess the situation (bring up hud) and if you really wanna get an idea of whats going on you have to stop (drop your gun) and take a look at the map.

Any word of whether or not you can check if you have rounds left in your mag? Like in RO2 you open the bolt and then it gives you a message saying 'magazine feels empty/light/heavy'

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 19-10-2013, 04:10:53 »
I believe some dev said in different classes you have a different map (e.g), NCO has more detailed map other soldiers have more compact map. 8)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 19-10-2013, 04:10:59 »
That is just so good....

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 19-10-2013, 07:10:07 »
Well some of those features mentioned above are not finalized. But we like to discuss them publicly to include the community and start discussion and interaction between the devs and the community on our forums. That is also part of the point behind the HUD update. Since you guys will have to look at it, we like to know what you like or dislike about the direction we are taking with it :)

@Matthew_Baker - The checking ammo is not really decided upon yet. I do like the way Ro2 did it though.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 19-10-2013, 08:10:22 »
I love that minimalistic HUD. Less is more! :D

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 19-10-2013, 17:10:51 »
Oh god, it's like Darkest Hours but better  ;D
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 19-10-2013, 17:10:10 »
Realistically, you can't really feel if a mag is "heavy" or "light" without basically removing the mag to hold.  At which point you're dead because you just unloaded your gun in combat for no reason other than to check if you have ammo.  Which you now don't.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 19-10-2013, 19:10:51 »
Realistically, you can't really feel if a mag is "heavy" or "light" without basically removing the mag to hold.  At which point you're dead because you just unloaded your gun in combat for no reason other than to check if you have ammo.  Which you now don't.

That's how it is in RO2, you press a button and an animation plays of him pulling the bolt back slightly or pulling the mag out. Then you get a vague message of how much ammo is left. IMO it works well because it takes a bit of time to do and you obviously can't use your gun while doing it. So you have to be out of combat and in a lull during the fighting before you can do it, otherwise you get yourself killed.

Right now in RO2 it might be a bit fast and maybe even too specific (it tells you if it's empty/light/heavy/full). But I still think its a good way of finding out if you have rounds left to fight with before moving on in a firefight.

This is all assuming its even possible to do this in cryengine. :P

Offline reptiledude

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 21-10-2013, 04:10:19 »

That's how it is in RO2, you press a button and an animation plays of him pulling the bolt back slightly or pulling the mag out. Then you get a vague message of how much ammo is left. IMO it works well because it takes a bit of time to do and you obviously can't use your gun while doing it. So you have to be out of combat and in a lull during the fighting before you can do it, otherwise you get yourself killed.

Right now in RO2 it might be a bit fast and maybe even too specific (it tells you if it's empty/light/heavy/full). But I still think its a good way of finding out if you have rounds left to fight with before moving on in a firefight.

This is all assuming its even possible to do this in cryengine. :P

You can do pretty much anything you want in CryEngine. All you need is some patience, time, and a lot of coffee ;D

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 21-10-2013, 11:10:13 »
I love the HUD , its just so...so....fuck I want to play it now .

Question, is it possible to have some kind of "advanced" melee system? Like blocking bayonet stabs or using your rifle to parry kicks/swings/that lovely britsh sword used in the no4 .?

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 21-10-2013, 15:10:05 »
Anything is possible with the CryENGINE 3, the question is, do we/they want to add the British drinking tea animation? ;D
« Last Edit: 10-06-2014, 19:06:44 by Roughbeak »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 22-10-2013, 01:10:40 »
Any breakthrough on airplanes on Cryengine 3? When I asked a good year ago or so, then it did not exist. Then I saw your update about the 20 mm flak...

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #284 on: 22-10-2013, 01:10:16 »
Currently no plans to include airplanes. The FlaK will be a static or objective. But maybe one day! And these things are great against infantry.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."