Author Topic: Talking guns  (Read 2812 times)

Offline crusty

• View Profile
Talking guns
« on: 17-07-2012, 22:07:13 »
This is a little something that can be useful in many situations, assualting, defending, etc.....and this is primarily for machine gunners but a whole squad can employ it and I will tell you how.

Machine gunners primarily fire in 3 different modes, sustained, rapid, and cyclic.
-The sustained rate is 3-5 round bursts with 5 seconds in between bursts.
- The rapid is 7-10 round bursts with 3 seconds in between.
- The cyclic is one long burst, just holding down the trigger.

Talking guns is basically a duet between machine guns. One machine gun sends a burst, a couple seconds later the other. But why?
1. Ammo conservation
2. keeps your barrel cool.

This allows you to keep an objective suppressed more effectively. You don't have to keep going to refill on ammo, or wait for your barrel to cool.

Scenario for assualting an objective. The machine guns are going to be in the support by fire role. So you have a house for instance. Mg 1 is on the left, covering the left side of the house all the way from the street and every window up until the middle of the house. MG 2 covers the right street and every window on the right to the middle. I say the street because you want to isolate your objective. Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. Keep them pinned. Now in between the time the mg's are firing......who does what? Any squad support gunner can send a burst. That's the bar's prime time. Now you have rounds going down range all the time while your saving ammo. Rifleman can use that time to send accurate shot's also. The enemy is primarily going to focus on the mg's because they SHOULD be the biggest threat. So accurate rifle fire is always good.

Now while you have an objective that is suppressed you can send in your assualt team. The enemies heads are down and there focused on the support section. Go in from the side, mg's keep an eye out for friendlies, and take the objective.

Thought's, questions, all feedback in general?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Talking guns
« Reply #1 on: 17-07-2012, 22:07:53 »
I think you mistakenly posted a thread for the Combat Mission forums here.

Seriously though, FH2 is an FPS, these kinds of tactics can rarely be employed, it's all about where you got your squad leader and how many people you can get into the flagzone.

Offline crusty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2012, 22:07:45 »
Roger that. It is a tactic though. It doesn't have to be so organized though, just an idea.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-07-2012, 23:07:11 »
If you can get something like that organized before half of you get sniped by reflex shots of people you are trying to pin down, you're a great SL/player!

Maybe in a tournament, but I doubt it's possible even then...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-07-2012, 00:07:48 »
 It happens all the time,

I use the tactic to distract attackers from their primary objectives, or to deter the defences from exposing themselves.

Just join a SL committed squad that cooperates and you will see it very frequently.
My Quebec includes Canada