Author Topic: Hypothetical FH3 engine discussion  (Read 7552 times)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
Re: Hypothetical FH3 engine discussion
« Reply #105 on: 15-06-2012, 22:06:39 »
Designing a game for 100 players requires quiiiiite a bit more than just opening a server, trust me

FH2 already has at least 10 maps that totally work with 100 players ( only adding a few more vehicles assests to both sides ) . 

Every player that has played on those servers agree on that. There is not one negative comments about it, only positive.

If this supposed server was always running, it would be full every day and every player would be asking for more servers like it.

I know that this will not be possible due to the stuberness from both sides, but keep in mind that massive FPS are and will be the future. 64 players will not be enough in the future...

If the devs that are working in FH2 could see that this mod would and will be exponentially bigger that it is now, FH2 would be known by alot more gamers.

The quality is there, it just lack that extra something....

Take note from MAG, DayZ, upcoming PlanetSide2 and maybe FH2.6. ..... ?  :P
« Last Edit: 15-06-2012, 22:06:49 by RAnDOOm »

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 15-06-2012, 22:06:49 »
Game > Mod
Skyrim, ME2:TW et al. disagree. There are tons of mods which improve the vanilla games.

Modding might be more of a franchise of a game, but there´s still a quite a considerable audience for mods.

"New is always better" isn´t always true. Just because something´s more "shiny" or improved, doesn´t mean it´s automatically better than the predecessor. Otherwise things such as the "Steam Workshop" would be redundant and utterly pointless. And judging from the number of Skyrim mods alone, the Steam Workshop looks quite like a success. Not to speak of countless mods released for BF42 or HL1.
And what´s the best way to improve your game experience than free content add-ons you have full controll over? Instead of paying another 50 bucks for a package of DLCs with a content you know nothing about, I´d rather install mods which I know what they´re going to deliver. Remember when you had tons of maps, tanks and other vehicles for free for B42?
BF:P, BF18, DC, FH and countless other mods were "tech" designed by others that enriched the BF experience and that even without paying a Dime. But aparently it seems to be "hip" to pay for the stuff you got for free in the past.
O mores, o tempores...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #107 on: 15-06-2012, 23:06:39 »
Designing a game for 100 players requires quiiiiite a bit more than just opening a server, trust me

Actually more then half the FH2 maps where more fun with 100+ players.  A couple more cars and half-tracks and they are perfect....I guess you guys must have designed those ones for 100+ players.   ;)

And back a little more on topic....Cry3 SDK is ever so nice...I remember playing with this last fall.  After spending about 20 minutes on a couple tutorials videos I was able to make a beautiful map that would have taken me weeks in the BF2 editor in just over 2 hours.  It is really amazing.  I tried to convert some FH2 statics and equipment over but failed.   :'(  However I poked around it enough that I think with a little ground work someone who new what the fuck they was doing could probably write a script to convert all the basics for use in Cry 3....Ohh and Cry 3 SDK allows you to make stand alone games as well.  So when is FH3 coming out?
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 15-06-2012, 23:06:39 »
No mod team could make BF3 "better" by tweaking gun values or adding some other houses. (well, sure a few hundred would, but that wouldnt be enough)

Modding is not about better, it's about different. BF3 is a great game, but it's one game to please potentially millions of players-there's no way a developer can make the best game for all those different people. Mods allow the game to be tweaked for people that enjoy it fundamentally, but nonetheless desire changes to it.

BF3 is a great example from my own experience. I never got the game almost solely because I couldn't stand the weapon unlock scheme it had in the beta. A mod team could easily tweak or remove something like that; it would not even require creating new content. Even minor changes like these can make a huge impact on how enjoyable a game is for some people.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #109 on: 15-06-2012, 23:06:35 »
Ohh..I don't know if anyone linked this yet in the thread but....

http://www.crydev.net/

Download it and give it a go.  You guys will love it.  There are plenty of videos on you tube that will get you up and running in short order.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650