Author Topic: Crusader Kings II  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II
« Reply #15 on: 05-07-2012, 22:07:17 »
Meath conquered!  I have gone from an earl to a duke!  Now to conquer the rest of Ireland, then the world.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06-07-2012, 01:07:29 »
It runs on same engine as as EU3 and HoI3 right?

Would it possibly have same fancy tool that original crusader kings had? In crusader kings 1, finished save game file could be moved to europa universalis 2 and continued on that game. Is same possible with Crusader kings 2 and europa universalis 3?

That would be grand!

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-07-2012, 23:07:51 »
Well I just picked this from steam for 9,99€

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14-07-2012, 04:07:30 »
So did I, 2 weeks ago. Haven't really played it. Didn't run too smoothly on my comp for som reason, and was a bit confusing for my taste.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-07-2012, 07:07:52 »
and was a bit confusing for my taste.
Well I guess that would be case with all paradox strategy games then  ;D?

Offline [F|H]Taz18

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #20 on: 12-10-2012, 01:10:08 »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #21 on: 12-10-2012, 19:10:04 »
DLC I'm looking forward to the most. Can't wait to give my character the Augustus trait by restoring Roman glory.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-10-2012, 20:10:21 »
I don't know if you can change the title of the thread, but I think this thread can keep itself on the first page if this becomes an umbrella thread with all the grand strategies from Paradox Games  (Crusader Kings, Victoria, EU, HoI), like the thread "Total War Games"

So, I guess many of you know of the new step that Paradox takes with

East vs West: A Hearts of Iron game !!

trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wljN0NEgVEQ

Some info:
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/east-vs-west-a-hearts-of-iron-game#about_game-tab

This will be so good! I'm a huge HoI fan, and continuing after WW2 with new tech, weapons and wars is something that I would very much like to see!

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-10-2012, 04:10:37 »
I want to crush the rich and erase the church from my little, country we can say?.

Abyssinia, that's it. I dont understand a shit, like who are my friends and my enemies, all i want is to give more attention to the popular classes, the people.

I don't even know how to raise a army, there are some egyptians coming in from the north killing my "friends" on the north.

I want hostilities with Harer, or Harar, whatever. I attempted to kill it's king but failed, also i tried to kill the pope and failed too. I cannot declare war on Harer... something about recruits...

My ultimate plan is to erase religion from the world.. im pretty sure i cant do that... well then i'll just kill all the rich people.

I began my plan with taxes.. taxes to the church set to high but it wasn't approved. Did the same thing with taxes to the feudal dudes.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14-10-2012, 04:10:47 »
You don't really know how feudalism works, do you?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15-10-2012, 06:10:52 »
Yes.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15-10-2012, 20:10:37 »
I bought this during the Steam summer sales but started playing only yesterday.

Started as William I just after Hastings and everyone is rebelling ;D
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline [F|H]Taz18

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #27 on: 18-10-2012, 03:10:37 »
I bought this during the Steam summer sales but started playing only yesterday.

Started as William I just after Hastings and everyone is rebelling ;D

I prefer actually doing the invasion, especially now when you get 8 or 9 thousand free troops and 140 free ships to do it with! Go straight north to York and wait for the Saxons and Norwegians to slaughter each other then pick off the remnants. After that occupy the capital of every county (only need the capital) and after you shove your peace treaty down their throats you can redistribute the land to all the landless Normans you have. Takes a while to do the war that way (took me ~8 years cause I put down a couple of French rebellions) but you end up with a very stable kingdom with which to pummel the rest of the world with!

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #28 on: 19-10-2012, 11:10:00 »
Recommendation from Fuchs: County of Vermandois; north-east France, next to Amiens. You are the last heir of Charlemagne, Herbert Karling (if you start in 1066). You can create claims on neighbouring counties pretty quickly with some good intrigue and press claims on Amiens/Vexin.

I started a game as this. Went from Count of Vermandois to adding Amiens and later even Paris (King moved to Orleans), thereby getting the Duchy of Valois. Later in a massive rebellion I went for independence, won and swore fealty to the Kaiser. Got several other duchies/counties like Luxembourg and Verdun. Later Tuscany and Susa through marriage but lost them. Married a Jimena who ended up as Queen of Navarra, murdered her and my new char was King of Navarra.

Now King of Navarra, Castille, Leon, Portugal. All Muslims removed from Iberia and now waiting until my thruce with France expires so I can take more dejure lands and make Hispania.

Side note: the Legacy of Rome DLC is absolutely amazing.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-01-2013, 00:01:29 »
this game. Wow. What a time consumer! But what fun! Started as earl of Dublin.  My goal is at least take unite all the celts on the British isles. (Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall) If I have time, then I will maybe also unite with Britanny!

Also, Finland is Kingdom of Jerusalem. I love how Norway always extends far into Russia then explodes like a balloon. Yes, it's France in the heart of England...

And, yes its an ugly boder, the nasty duke of Northumberland got the duchy of Lochain first :/ They'll regret when thousands of celts united under one banner runs over their borders, pillaging, killing and raping everything in their way!

Fág an Bealach!

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál