Author Topic: Dear mother of god... CoH2 confirmed!  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
Re: Dear mother of god... CoH2 confirmed!
« Reply #15 on: 04-05-2012, 15:05:14 »
Probably going to be the same arcade shit like CoH 1 was already, never been a fan of tanks with health bar and squads that can stand against machine guns for like 5 minutes.
Men of War is by far the better choice.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04-05-2012, 16:05:06 »
Probably going to be the same arcade shit like CoH 1 was already, never been a fan of tanks with health bar and squads that can stand against machine guns for like 5 minutes.

You must have never played Blitzkrieg mod... MoW is also great game, but in BK Sherman can't damage KT and you can build defensive structures! But MoW and CoH are 2 completely different games which can't be compared...

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04-05-2012, 16:05:33 »

You must have never played Blitzkrieg mod... MoW is also great game, but in BK Sherman can't damage KT and you can build defensive structures! But MoW and CoH are 2 completely different games which can't be compared...
Blitzkrieg and CoH and 2 completely deifferent games  ;D

I hope to see blitzkrieg on CoH2, because I can't play Vanilla CoH since I played blitzkrieg, this mod is so awesome.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04-05-2012, 18:05:38 »
This is going to be AWESOME! I played CoH since release until now. I played Vanilla mostly, but also Blitzkrieg mod and Eastern Front mod. It never got boring.

This is in my eyes the best RTS ever made. I´m dead serious about that. It got over this "rock paper scissors" system and added flanking, supression and awesome artillery barrages.

Let´s just hope it doesn´t have bullshit elements like the british-faction in it. Those were really lame in CoH. Sit down and relax, block half the map with emplacements, use a blob and spam Kangaroos. But other than that CoH is great.

While being arcade it had some basic rules in it that were somewhat realistic. Like Shermans having a hard time to deal with the heavier german tanks. Or Brits getting easy acces to artillery.
« Last Edit: 04-05-2012, 18:05:10 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-05-2012, 18:05:25 »
Blitzkrieg mod is awesome and pretty much the only reason i play CoH.

But anyway, i'd prefer to see the game about the invasion of greece, or the blitzkrieg in poland or the fall of france, from the looks of the industry it seems there is no battles before 1941... (i wonder if FH2 will add the last two someday)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-05-2012, 01:05:03 »
All I want is a proper matchmaker for multiplayer.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06-05-2012, 20:05:35 »
I mostly dropped the original CoH when I got into the MoW series. That said, I still keep it on my HD because I think it was an entertaining game. I doubt they will do much to ramp the realism up, but I will still give it a shot since CoH was enjoyable.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06-05-2012, 21:05:14 »
Due to its complexity of unitmanagement a game very hard to master and very fun at the same time. I like realistic games and I know and like the Blitzkrieg-mod but at vCoH the arcardic gameplay made the games so fluent and exciting. That's why they will of course not make it more realistic. And that's good.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07-05-2012, 16:05:51 »
Let´s just hope it doesn´t have bullshit elements like the british-faction in it. Those were really lame in CoH. Sit down and relax, block half the map with emplacements, use a blob and spam Kangaroos. But other than that CoH is great.

To each his own then. I liked the british. I'm a turtler, so Brits were my faction. :)

But this looks promising, apart from the (really weird and tiresome) update situation with the original CoH I loved that game to death. Think I finished it 3 times, just my kind of RTS. Don't really need it to be more deep or technical, just not insultingly superficial.

Tried the Eastern Front mod, but got my ass kicked in skirmish almost every time. :-(
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-05-2012, 16:05:50 »
Yep, brits are nice faction. I just hate how our games with my friends almost always seem to end with germans winning. Axis bias  :-\

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-05-2012, 16:05:09 »
Game's pretty balanced as long as you play with victory points. Don't know if you do, but do not play annihilation-mode as allies. Axis late game is by far superior. If you are not better than your opponents you will most likely loose. Especially on those 3v3 and 4v4 maps with mass ressources. 2v2 with victory points, using the ranked maps is quite balanced though.
I hear people complain so much about axis bias, but it is simply not true. As long as you play VP and know how to play Allies, your chances should be quite even.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07-05-2012, 19:05:31 »
I've only played it COOP and LAN. But for me, its ultimately attrition and tactics, which is what it is supposed to be, so its basically the best RTS I have played.

I am looking forward to COH 2, but it will be sad that the US and Brits couldn't be given a bump and added to it. Having Brits, US, German and Russian sure beats just Russian vs German.

They may have made the advancements a bit more streamlined, and defining compared to COH 1 and COH:OF.

Also, I know they have these little movement improvements, like jumping fences etc.

Still, you need to see the improvements between COH and COH: OF and see that as a sign. Compre it with difference between BF42 and BFvietnam and how different 42 was from BF2.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07-05-2012, 20:05:45 »
Hey Djinn, the EF mod for COH has Soviets alongside the vanilla factions, so in a sense we already have this in COH.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08-05-2012, 00:05:23 »
While the game is best balanced around 2vs2 (which I mostly play as lvl 16 Wehr, PE and USA) I think Brits were a huge step in the wrong direction. Even if they get beaten, they force the Axis players to spam schrecks and flamethrowers just to get through the emplacements. There is a lack of flexibility then. The awesome mobile fights that take place with every other faction involved turn into trashy WW1 "sit there and do nothing" - situations. I don´t enjoy the games with Brits involved half as much as the onces with USA (whether I´m Allies or Axis).

Also their artillery-spam is just stupid. Even total noobs can (even if they are doomed to lose) put up a boring fight for half an hour vs better axis players. The HQ trucks block points from being capped when deployed and maps like Wolfheze aren´t even possible to be won by equal skilled Axis, because those 2 fuel points (where the Brits will camp) block the whole map.

The only fun way to beat Brits in 2vs2 is rushing 1 of them with your teammate and cap the place where they want to set up their HQ truck before it´s locking the position.

Playing as Brits is boring as hell imo. Your infantry is so slow without a lt that you are basically determined to blob and sit on your territory, eventually massing so much infantry for a super blob to do the the final push and to just charge into MG42s, ignoring their supression effect. Who needs flanking anyways?

There is a reason why so many people dislike Brits in CoH.

« Last Edit: 08-05-2012, 00:05:22 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08-05-2012, 01:05:28 »
Yea, I agree. Brits do not really fit in CoH in terms of gameplay. They play so much different if you compare them to the other factions. Does not have to be something bad, but to me it has more of a negative influence on the game than a positive.

Whilst those "noob-playstyle" with tons of emplacements aka SimCity is very easy to beat, the arty and the inf blobbing is really annoying.

Furthermore with the retarded ToV "add-on", which is more like: spend-30€-to-get-some-Op-extra-units-while-relic-will-not-make-a-patch-for-2-years-and-not-fix-them, the roo came into the business, being quite overpowered, heavily annyoing and morons began to spam it.

A few months ago the patch came and roo was fixed. Is quite useless now. Nowadays people complain about Staghound spam, being overpowered. I dunno, Brits never fit into the game.

I'm afraid similar things happen to CoH 2 too, so I look forward for having only 2 factions.

Even in CoH 1: I like classic 1v1 Wehrmacht vs US still best. Everything else is okay, but not nearly as good as the classic battle. You enjoy best balance and the best experience of CoH there.

My wish for CoH 2: No more factions forced into the CoH system. Less is more.