Author Topic: Bring back support for the FH Toolbox!!  (Read 904 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Bring back support for the FH Toolbox!!
« on: 14-01-2010, 03:01:20 »
Upon reinstalling FH2 and patching to 2.25 I found, to my dismay, that I got an error message when trying to run FH toolbox. I learned from the tech support forum that apparently this is no longer being officially supported by the devs ... and I'm having trouble figuring out why.

Please bring it back so that I can use it again! It was such a handy tool, allowing me to add friends to my list, connect directly to a game without having to use the ingame browser, and taking care of lots of annoying things for me like clearing graphics caches, updating punkbuster, and so on.

At least explain why it no longer works!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back support for the FH Toolbox!!
« Reply #1 on: 14-01-2010, 03:01:06 »
 Hockey,

Purity did the toolbox himself and seeing that he is no longer part of the mod team it becomes difficult to modify his contribution. i couldn't agree with you more though as i love the toolbox...

What you can do is manually retrieve the toolbox (it still works on 2.25) from the depths of the FH2 files. Another option is to drag out an old release of FH2 and manually extract that original toolbox program as I personally preferred the toolbox before it was updated (the original incarnation offered the most options in my opinion).

In a perfect world, we would still have the toolbox but i am sure there are other motives at play that prevent us from ever seeing that beauty again.

Owe-lympics 2010, try and find the snow LOL
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-01-2010, 10:01:20 »
It still works for me. Even when I patched 2.2 and 2.25.
Just do what Sheik told you and manually unpack that thing from some older FH2 files.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-01-2010, 10:01:49 »
Works just fine and dandy, altho I never use it anymore since its not officially supported. ::)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-01-2010, 13:01:13 »
Could never get it to work

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-01-2010, 10:01:46 »
The one that comes with the stock game doesn't.. its the buggy 2.0 version - There is a fixed version I think we still have links around to... So for me, I replace my 2.0 version with that and it doesn't freeze once you load it up

Sad, it isn't supported though, its things like that that make a FHer, especially an SPer happy - Customizability, even in SP and with COOP's balancing system all shot to hell and gone, its a must have

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-01-2010, 17:01:50 »
I do hope it is officially supported again, but it is still working for me with 2.25.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-01-2010, 18:01:54 »
Honest question here, why isnt implemented if it brings an easier friend list for example.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-01-2010, 20:01:18 »
Purity made the thing and he's no longer with the dev team SO while it was last updated in 2.0, its kinda difficult to support since, sure unofficially it works, but the devs won't support it since it may crash FH2 as we go along and they are professionals, hence having a sense of protocol... They however leave it in the files for each release so that tells you something...