Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 12738 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #45 on: 30-05-2018, 15:05:21 »
Torenico, please don't call it BFV, that title is reserved for a way better game ;D
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-06-2018, 21:06:21 »
New Multiplayer Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWVtV59mczk

I actually think I may skip this Battlefield like I did with BF4. It doesn't look very interesting to me...which is a shame because the scenes that featured just the planes looked amazing...if only it was a little more grounded in historical accuracy. :-\

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10-06-2018, 02:06:58 »

Call it World War 2, like never before.

Also includes Battle Royale now?

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-06-2018, 09:06:46 »
BFBC3 confirmed.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-06-2018, 13:06:27 »
How they can throw around words like "realistic" and "immersive" when describing this is fucking beyond me. You couldn't have guessed this was WW2 if you tried.  ??? Obviously one can't expect FH2 level of authenticity from a AAA title but this is just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: 10-06-2018, 13:06:59 by McCloskey »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15-06-2018, 07:06:34 »
People throwing random adjectives like "Savage" nowadays, cheapening the terms. It is time for the language to evolve. We no longer use terms like "thy" or "thou" anymore.

Is that an Asian guy holding the sniper rifle? I know there is 442nd infantry regiment consisted of mainly Japanese Americans, but boy, this is full on historical rewriting.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15-06-2018, 08:06:07 »
Is that an Asian guy holding the sniper rifle? I know there is 442nd infantry regiment consisted of mainly Japanese Americans, but boy, this is full on historical rewriting.

Believe it or not but these are supposed to be British soldiers.
Also I think the Asian is a woman, not a guy.
« Last Edit: 15-06-2018, 08:06:19 by Sander93 »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 15-06-2018, 14:06:18 »
I like how they in the E3 presentation talked about "our portrayal of the second world war". The "Nordlys" war story: While flattered that it is in Norway, there were no lesbian girls partaking in operation gunnerside against the heavy water factory. In fact, not a single shot was fired in that operation. It belongs in a stealth game, not an action packed FPS. I would not be surprised that they just come up with a completely fictional story that has no base in reality. As they mentioned it is their portrayal of WW2.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18-06-2018, 10:06:10 »
The only thing worse than these games are people who complain about them. Did you really expect historical accuracy from a mainstream action FPS game? As others have pointed out, even BF1942 was unauthentic and unrealistic, but no one complains about that.

What is always good for a laugh is when someone says "they're rewriting history" or "they have an agenda!". What type of idiot would get his history lessons from a videogame like this? Do those people also watch blockbuster films to learn history related facts? Do those people think that they're going to replace credible books and other material in schools with AAA videogames?

These games are obviously pandering to the current trends. They're generic, simple shooters for the ADD crowd who want instant gratification. On top of that they also add the gameplay gimmicks and trends that are currently popular (extensive customization, battle royale gamemode, etc). Lastly, they add those "SJW history rewriting agenda pushing" things as some idiots call it. But in fact, that's just another way to maximise profits by broadening your audience and perhaps generating controversy which is always good PR.

Bottom line: the real idiots here are the people who get upset over it.
No one is preventing  you from playing other more authentic games and no one is taking those games away from you. The only reasonable problem to complain about these games is their insulting, braindead gameplay. But no one seems to do that.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18-06-2018, 16:06:45 »
What type of idiot would get his history lessons from a videogame like this? Do those people also watch blockbuster films to learn history related facts? Do those people think that they're going to replace credible books and other material in schools with AAA videogames?

Aha, new guy detected.

Wait until you see people keep posting that they saw "wrong WW2 American GI uniform colour in FH2".

This quote was in one of my Toastmasters meetings back in 2012.

There are unhealthy number of people who do that for real.

And we are just poking fun at them to check whether the guys here still got their brains or not, kind of sanity check amongst ourselves.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18-06-2018, 18:06:02 »
The only thing worse than these games are people who complain about them. Did you really expect historical accuracy from a mainstream action FPS game? As others have pointed out, even BF1942 was unauthentic and unrealistic, but no one complains about that.

There's a fine line between demanding complete historical accuracy and just wanting an immersive environment. Nobody in their right mind would demand Battlefield games to have a set of weapons per maps or time periods, or having the correct uniforms. Nobody complained about BF1942 having an STG44 in desert maps.

What bothers most people however is the opposite: blatant disregard for history and rewriting it as they see fit. If they wanted to include woman in their game, nobody would have complained if they portrayed them as resistance fighters or Soviet units taking some artistic liberties along the way. But putting woman in as frontline troops for the British army is just nonsense, especially combined with an overabundance of races and ridiculous looking outfits. Especially if they claim their game to be a historical portrayal.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18-06-2018, 23:06:25 »
What type of idiot would get his history lessons from a videogame like this? Do those people also watch blockbuster films to learn history related facts?
If you would have to feed all those who actually do that, even a third job wouldn't help you.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 19-06-2018, 00:06:07 »
What type of idiot would get his history lessons from a videogame like this? Do those people also watch blockbuster films to learn history related facts?
If you would have to feed all those who actually do that, even a third job wouldn't help you.

As an educator, I can say that you would be utterly amazed by how many students, of college age, get most of their history from movies and games.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 21-06-2018, 15:06:26 »

As an educator, I can say that you would be utterly amazed by how many students, of college age, get most of their history from movies and games.

But reading is hard :(

No seriously, I see that a lot and it's a tragedy.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28-06-2018, 00:06:45 »
I may absolutely loathe the direction of BFV, but I ain't gonna turn down an unsolicited free code to a closed alpha test!  :P