Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29527 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Mod dead already?
« Reply #30 on: 02-08-2013, 15:08:15 »
Did Forgotten Honor and FH devteam share some content? ;D

(Hope we get that R71 to be official)

Offline Guzkovek

• Guzzy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02-08-2013, 17:08:53 »
In long term? Yup, it's dead and even cold. Old guard, like hslan guys, have left game short after 2.45 relase. This year changed a lot. Old players won't come back, they have found new games or other activities in 'normal life'. Policy of relasing one massive patch just don't work when 2.45 isn't perfect and is kiss of death for whole mod. 
« Last Edit: 02-08-2013, 17:08:10 by Guzkovek »

Offline Mattitatti

• Hyvä SaiPa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02-08-2013, 18:08:40 »
Well atleast im sure we gonna get more players after Eastern front.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03-08-2013, 16:08:52 »
FH2 is not dead. It's just in a coma... and we're thinking about switching off the life-support.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03-08-2013, 16:08:42 »
:( :( Well i know you guys damn well won't make hasty decisions, and me personally I wouldn't even be surprised.

Offline EpicFoodEpic

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03-08-2013, 17:08:53 »
Dear devs reading this thread(If they are still here) please tell something,something like "wtf ur sayin we are still here u little b****" just wait for the release". You need to be in touch with the players to ensure the success of the mod,I'm sure you don't want to release a masterpiece created for like years for just a 100 players.

Devs
reply pls
devs
y
u
no
reply?
we
need
hope
forgotten hope...

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03-08-2013, 21:08:40 »
More will come, eventually. It doesn't end here!

... I hope...

Just be patient, remember the devs are spending their free time so your a** can enjoy the content they make. Don't ask too much, and be happy when they give us a insight in their work.
« Last Edit: 03-08-2013, 21:08:16 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline KevinWad

• I live in 1935
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04-08-2013, 03:08:58 »
I think I'm going to panic  :-X

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04-08-2013, 18:08:34 »
I think most of the developers are on sandy beaches, dancing with hot chicks with thongs, and sipping their colourful cocktail with a small umbrella on it.

When winter comes, we'll get updates more frequently I guess.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04-08-2013, 19:08:40 »
FH2 is dead. However, it has been dead before, including before the 2.0 release. So, chillax, I guess?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04-08-2013, 19:08:27 »
It will be resurrected like how it happened in 2.40?

Well, as you say.

Offline Catwisel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05-08-2013, 11:08:22 »
Well in my opinion the mod is, as
FH2 is not dead. It's just in a coma... and we're thinking about switching off the life-support.
mentioned, cold.

From time to time i play some rounds on the 762 servers and the old memories comes back for a moment, but the sessions didn't reach the quality of gameplay what i experience on our old server (hslan ;D). Hell it was amazing battles when my old buddys the hslan guys fight along or against the exvas or these dlf clan guys. Well nowadays there is nothing comparable out there, maybe ro:hos is alternative or the mod transaction wars, but i guess nothing will reach the hughe ammount of stuff what we got from fh2......

My hopes are with the devs and maybe the mod will rise again like a phoenix from ashes.  :-\

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05-08-2013, 13:08:05 »
You are aware that an FH2 campaign is in the making from Forgotten Honor?

Huh you were not?

Well now you are. This mod is far from dead playabillity wise. People still play it and we keep hosting tournaments. Now the fact that it has stopped to rest and reload before going on with updates is no reason to be scared. In due time it will start again.

Bunch of pansies.
« Last Edit: 05-08-2013, 13:08:53 by MaJ.P.Bouras »

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #43 on: 05-08-2013, 15:08:04 »
The new campaign is very close, stay tuned. Lots of new stuff with many new maps, it's gonna be awesome!
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05-08-2013, 17:08:30 »
There are several things wrong with this thread. The first one being the word 'already'. Forgotten Hope was founded before the release of Battlefield 1942 and therefore is at least 11 years old. If you know of any mods that have existed for that long without switching over to a commercial model I'm sure it can't be many.

The second thing is that making a thread with the words "mod dead" in it is probably the best way to keep new players from downloading it.

Now, as far as I can tell, even Forgotten Hope 1 is played pretty extensively still, so I'm pretty sure Forgotten Hope 2 will have a player base for some years to come.

Now as for the development, while I am still listed as a 'developer', I haven't actively participated in the development of Forgotten Hope since the release of 2.45. I only visit the internal forum sparingly, so I don't have the full picture of what is going on.

The development of the mod is by no means a continuous process, it has periods of high activity and periods in which pretty much nothing is being done. It all depends on the people who are working on it. This isn't a commercial enterprise, developers have jobs or studies that require their attention and these things are not always regular and predictable (one of the primary reasons we cannot predict release dates).

While periods of low activity are normal, the mod is currently in a period of no activity or certainly the lowest activity which I have ever seen it at and I've been with the mod for a long time.

However, the mod's development infrastructure is still all functioning, so the only thing it needs is active and enthusiastic developers who are willing to spend their free time on the mod. So don't lose hope. We are in the middle of the summer (I don't think there are developers on the southern hemisphere) and people are spending their time outside and on vacation. I think and I hope that in the autumn the few remaining developers with the assistance of the extremely dedicated core of beta testers (who in essence are semi-developers) will get together again and continue the development.

I know for sure that it would be too much of a shame for any dedicated developer, active or retired, to let all the amazing content that has not yet been released go to waste.