Author Topic: Empire Earth - Road to Kingdoms mod  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Empire Earth - Road to Kingdoms mod
« on: 03-09-2013, 14:09:21 »
As you migh know, empire earth its an old sierra strategy game, wich prupose was to grow up an empire trow the ages: you had 15 diferent epocs, from Pre-Historic age to Nano Age, or you could set your game in an specific age

Hoewer, you could actually have the same buildings and units as your enemies, and the only thing who changed both of you was the color...

BUT, 10 years later after his release, i learned how to mod this game, and so, i decided to start working on a special massive mod for empire earth, wich prupose is to add diferent countries to the game, and try to become it way more realistic

And so i can manage to do that, the old age system evolution must be unavaliable, so instead of ages, we add countries with diferent units and buildings

and so, i present you today: Empire Earth - Road to Kingdoms

Empire Earth - Road to Kingdoms its a mod for empire earth wich will set the game ONLY in the middle age times, with units and factions of the middle age... the age evolution system is disabled on this mod, wich means than instead of ages, you have countries...

This is going to be the first oficial mod of Road Series.. since the majority of the people who play Empire Earth online prefer to play in the middle age only, i decided to start my Road Series mods in the middle age set, so it may gain popularity online, and then wen i make other mods releases (like Empire Earth - Road to Reich wich will set the game in World War II ) people download those thinking than they are as good as the middle age one, but with another age changed... and so on

Hoewer, heres some pics ive made from the mod: the original pics are from the original game, wile the Road to Kingdoms represent pics from the mod im working on... today, i finished the Moors buildingĀ“s faction (and simultaneously the Ottoman Empire faction, wich represent 2 of the 8 main online factions of the mod)

Im about to post my work at Moddb... hoewer, i still need more pics and i need to organize a better way to explain my mod to the people

(as you can see, i speak very desorganized about it, and btw: im working totaly alone over it, so all the work shown was made by myself)

Heres some pics:

Original Game Buildings

Road to Kingdoms mod buildings

Ruins aspect in original game

Ruins aspect in Road to Kingdoms mod

Resourses (Iron; Gold and Stone) aspect in Original Game

Resourses (Iron; Gold and Stone) aspect in Road to Kingdoms mod

Original Game Start Menu

Road to Kingdoms Start Menu

As you migh calculate, i have lots of more pics to show you.. hoewer, it would be a pain to be here posting the entire pics ive taken from the mod.. and compare it to the original game...

Anyway i may post more pics in case you guys get interested..

and btw: i would like an opinion about my work over here :)

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Earth - Road to Kingdoms mod
« Reply #1 on: 03-09-2013, 14:09:28 »
Looks absolutely awesome keep at it!

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-09-2013, 14:09:29 »
Thank you! i will  :)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-09-2013, 15:09:27 »
I used to play EE a long time ago, and if I still could I'd definitely check it out.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-09-2013, 15:09:41 »
I used to play EE a long time ago, and if I still could I'd definitely check it out.

It is possible to play EE again, but there is only 1 comunity making it possible (the Save-EE comunity)

Hoewer, the sierra servers were shooted down ( i know i spelled it wrong)  so the only way to play online is by downloading an aditional lobby for the game (the save-ee lobby) and you need to have the game (cracked afaik, they provide it for free also)

BUT they are working on a multiplayer system wich returns back the normal online game experience! so instead of playing online with the lobby, you can play online by just startig the game, go multiplayer, and do it!

I also speaked with the developers of that online mod, and they would integrate it in my mod  (and that would be great! :D )

but first: i must finish my mod

EDIT: I also would request some tips from turkish commando about the ottoman empire... because im making the ottomans be like muslims, but at the same time i think its kinda inacurrated (there migh be diferences?)
« Last Edit: 03-09-2013, 16:09:20 by Damaso »

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-09-2013, 16:09:14 »
I am not exactly sure how legal is using screenshot from MnB:Warband as menu picture.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-09-2013, 16:09:26 »
I made a screen shot, and then i edited it on photoshop as a painting  ;D

(all menu pics are mount and blade warband screenshots edited)

I also taked some battlesounds from there... and i may have some content from some games... hoewer, i will not claim it my content, and i will write it on the credits notepad file wen i finish the mod

This is also for free distribute, so i guess things wouldnt get that nasty

(and no: dont think ive stolen the wole textures of many games to place it in EE... all the new textures you saw on the pics (exept the mount and blade menu image) were made by myself)
« Last Edit: 03-09-2013, 17:09:41 by Damaso »

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-09-2013, 17:09:47 »
You might wanna contact the M&B devs for the images though i doubt they will have much problem.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-09-2013, 18:09:48 »
The normal ressources look better I think :P

Though this looks pretty awesome, EE was always in my top 10 RTS games!
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-09-2013, 20:09:03 »
I also taked some battlesounds from there... and i may have some content from some games... hoewer, i will not claim it my content, and i will write it on the credits notepad file wen i finish the mod

I doubt you can distribute it under these conditions. Bloody hell, we used other mods' work in NML too, but we first asked nicely. Your mod is fine for personal use and that's about it. Other people's work is not for free taking and credits won't save that.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-09-2013, 01:09:22 »

I doubt you can distribute it under these conditions. Bloody hell, we used other mods' work in NML too, but we first asked nicely. Your mod is fine for personal use and that's about it. Other people's work is not for free taking and credits won't save that.

For now the only game content ive taken was Mount and Blade Warband, and some Empire Earth II and Empire Earth III sounds.. noting too serious, and obviously ive made some content by myself (exept the sounds :p )

Hoewer, i will try to avoid as much as possible taking content from other games... but im not going to remove the actual content the game has rigth now (well... even copying and finding good content takes some time and work...)

Anyway, im going to keep this a little more updated: once i get more modifications, i will place some more images with the following descriptions.. and wen i get suficient informative content, i migh go declare the mod oficial in Moddb

Also i would like to make an request to Turkishcommando, because rigth now im working at the Ottoman Empire faction... and i need some intel of special units from the ottoman empire (for example Jannisaries or whatever they are called) but im not sure if there were special units in the middle age (wile in napoleon age we had the grenaiders, and in roman age we had the legionaires, like in modern age we have the marines, ect... but in middle age, people dont organize an special army of special units afaik)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-09-2013, 20:09:19 »
Nice work on the mod! I would suggest you find different pictures for gold/iron/stone as those seem a bit out of place... Maybe make them more matte, or less shiny...

EDIT: I talked about this earlier.. -Ciupita

EDIT: It was a joke, Ciu... I'm sure he would have understood that.
« Last Edit: 05-09-2013, 11:09:15 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-09-2013, 11:09:43 »
ok: so one of the goals of modding in Empire Earth - Road to Kingdoms than i pretend to make is to change the music wile youre playing...

I whana put some vangelis - conquest to paradise songs over there, and some Empire Earth 2 sad songs than make me cry wile playing (yeah.. lol)

hoewer, the music folder doesnt have normal .wav or .mp3 files... instead, they have 3 repeated files for each music, named .dls .sty and .sgt

I once managed to open those with a program called awawe studio... hoewer, i cant now because it was on tryal version (and it passed the time) and the song was like strange because there were instruments instead of the song...

I whana ask you if you know any program (apart from awave studio) so i could edit those files... also, it would be great if that program cames for free... hoewer, if you dont know any free program, just name it one to me

(and btw: im about to finish the Kingdom of England faction buildings, and im going to post some pics here soon!  ;D )

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-09-2013, 08:09:04 »
Ok, as i promissed, heres some new pics about my recent work on the mod:

Original Empire Earth Modern Age Citizens

Road to Kingdoms Holy Roman Empire Citizens (modern age citizens modded)

Original Empire Earth bronze age citizens

Road to Kingdoms Moorish citizens (bronze age citizens modded)

Original Empire Earth Middle Age citizen

Road to Reich English citizen (middle age citizens modded)

Original Empire Earth Middle Age City

Road to Kingdoms English City

Original Empire Earth Ruins (by ground level view)

Road to Kingdoms Ruins (by ground level view)

Enjoy the pics!  ;D
« Last Edit: 09-09-2013, 08:09:04 by Damaso »