Author Topic: About the Soviet Patch, and other related stuff [Questions]  (Read 679 times)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
I´ve heared than the soviet front patch is the next uptade for forgotten hope 2... hoewer, i have some questions about this:

1º- How much time is going to take to the release of the update (not need to be exacly time)

2º- Is the uptade EXCLUSIVELY about the eastern front, like are you only going to add maps with battles wich take the Soviet and Finland Army? or are you also going to add some more maps non-related to the Eastern Front? (for example adding another map wich can be a Battle between Germans and British, or Americans and Italians, ect...)

3º- (about Omaha and Britain) are those  maps going to be made for Forgotten Hope 2? (even if not in this update, but in another future update)

4º-(about Omaha and Britain) why those maps keep beind an "utopia" for FH2 community? (what i mean is, why werent they even made, altouth they were considered the favourite maps of Battlefield 1942, FH2 could have been made those 2 maps wen they started the mod... altouth for some reason it seems like someting impossible)

5º- (about an "possible" pacific update:) There was once time i tried to help making an future pacific update (like trying to make the japanese army model and stuff) but i couldnt handle with 3D´s Max, and i still need to learn so i could someday help FH2 devs... hoewer, it is possible to make pacific maps with the battlefield 2 map editor, by using wrong teams, but those teams beind changed by FH2 devs wen making pacific front? (what i mean is for example, i recreate the map of Wake Island, but instead of beind Japs agains americans, i put germans against Americans... hoewer in the future, wen the Japanese army gets done, the Devs change the german team to Japanese team, and add Japanese objects to the map... but the map is already done, it just needs the Jap update)

6º- Oh and i almost forgot: is that mini-mod French hope going to be add in this update? or is going to be an separated mod for forgotten hope 2? and wen its going to be released?

its all for now, and good luck with the update
« Last Edit: 25-07-2013, 23:07:30 by Damaso »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: About the Soviet Patch, and other related stuff [Questions]
« Reply #1 on: 25-07-2013, 23:07:25 »
I´ve heared than the soviet front patch is the next uptade for forgotten hope 2... hoewer, i have some questions about this:

1º- How much time is going to take to the release of the update (not need to be exacly time)

As much as it's necessary. You will be notified of the new release

2º- Is the uptade EXCLUSIVELY about the eastern front, like are you only going to add maps with battles wich take the Soviet and Finland Army? or are you also going to add some more maps non-related to the Eastern Front? (for example adding another map wich can be a Battle between Germans and British, or Americans and Italians, ect...)

Only devs know that, but I'd say they will be focusing on Soviets, with some bugfixes and minor changes of past maps

3º- (about Omaha and Britain) are those  maps going to be made for Forgotten Hope 2? (even if not in this update, but in another future update)

Who says they don't already exist?  --black helicopters--

4º-(about Omaha and Britain) why those maps keep beind an "utopia" for FH2 community? (what i mean is, why werent they even made, altouth they were considered the favourite maps of Battlefield 1942, FH2 could have been made those 2 maps wen they started the mod... altouth for some reason it seems like someting impossible)

Devs have stated that bomber maps can't be portrayed realistically in FH 2... And someone was working on Omaha IIRC but don't know what's the status of that map.

5º- (about an "possible" pacific update:) There was once time i tried to help making an future pacific update (like trying to make the japanese army model and stuff) but i couldnt handle with 3D´s Max, and i still need to learn so i could someday help FH2 devs... hoewer, it is possible to make pacific maps with the battlefield 2 map editor, by using wrong teams, but those teams beind changed by FH2 devs wen making pacific front? (what i mean is for example, i recreate the map of Wake Island, but instead of beind Japs agains americans, i put germans against Americans... hoewer in the future, wen the Japanese army gets done, the Devs change the german team to Japanese team, and add Japanese objects to the map... but the map is already done, it just needs the Jap update)

There is already a map of Wake ported to FH 2, WaW has it...

6º- Oh and i almost forgot: is that mini-mod French hope going to be add in this update? or is going to be an separated mod for forgotten hope 2? and wen its going to be released?

This probably depends on what quality they can bring, and if they will manage to finish it at all (last time I checked, only 1 of the original French Hope team has still been working on it - I applaud to the brave and patient man)

its all for now, and good luck with the update
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-07-2013, 23:07:47 »
Oh ok tanks lucky1!

(hoewer, its a shame we will never have an real battle of britain bomber map if devs consider bombers unrealistic for FH2..)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-07-2013, 20:07:20 »
There's already custom map "Battle of Britain", but yeah, it misses some cool German bombers, like Ju88, Heinkels and Dorniers, etc...