Off-Topic > Gaming

World of Warships - Open Beta

(1/18) > >>

Dukat:
Welcome to World of Warships - Open Beta.

This is the game that displays warships of the period between 1900 and 1960, for you to play in a competive manner. Basically the game is a spinnoff from wargaming.net's famous World of Tanks.

SpoilerBasically you'll know the game interface. It is the same as in World of Tanks. And the game mechanics are similar. You only have to unlock all aspects of the game first, as they're considered too much for a beginner.

You start with Co-OP battles.

After that you get random battles.

And then daily missions. Like having to achieve 3 wins within 24 hours.

Yes, at some point you get free XP for distribution to unlock ships and modules.

Ship commander serves same purpose as tank crews.

Even the skills and perks should be kinda familiar.

The upgrades appear to be minor. Nothing big or special, like the reduction of the chance of receiving damage to important parts like driving shaft or rudder.

Signals are comsumables that provide little boosts to speed or similar, they deplete after single use.

Comoflague can prevent the enemy to detect you, by 3%.

Combat situation: Shelling a ship...

...and destroying it.

Example for Signals and camoflague in use.

Note the torpedos. There are no submarines in this game. Destroyers are smallest class that serves as Torpedo Boats.

Yes, I'm going for the carrier.

Tier I ships are easy to score with. Tier II compensates tier I for being easy. At least you get money. Tier III makes good money. At Tier IV business gets serious. Similar to WoT.

European Link: www.worldofwarships.eu

Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer):
I'm already playing some Ryujo, Kongo, Furutaka and Minekaze heheheh

Was in CBT, even bought the Yubari pack, it's quite fun, although I'd say it has some carrier balance issues.

Torenico:
Everything WG does ends up being terribly balanced.

Such a shame.

Korsakov829:
Probably not so much as going to try it, back during WOT closed beta I waited and waited for it to become less arcade-like with the USA vs Soviet prototype crap but years later it's still the same.

Dukat:
World of Warships is very arcade. I think the WoW battles would serve perfectly for War Thunders arcade mode. Which implies that there would be realism and simulation modes besides arcade then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version