Author Topic: Headgear  (Read 3807 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Headgear
« Reply #15 on: 07-04-2009, 21:04:03 »
Oh you didn't heard yet? No Americans in 2.2. British, Canadians and a division of Micronesians only.
No lies!

Anyways, really wondering about the playermodels for Yanks and Krauts too. We already have the cricket so Yanks also need Airborne.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-04-2009, 22:04:26 »
Oh you didn't heard yet? No Americans in 2.2. British, Canadians and a division of Micronesians only.
No lies!

I really didn't. We got 3 maps (officially). Two of them: fight between Germans and American forces. Who will fight instead americans? Or those maps will not enter 2.2?
Sinn Féin

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #17 on: 07-04-2009, 22:04:19 »
No lies!

I really didn't. We got 3 maps (officially). Two of them: fight between Germans and American forces. Who will fight instead americans? Or those maps will not enter 2.2?

So naive, he hasn't even been here long enough to not trust every thing Fuchs says...

Just so you know, he was lying.  Americans are in, I just hope his sources on the micronesians being in are good.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #18 on: 07-04-2009, 23:04:53 »
No lies!

Anyways, really wondering about the playermodels for Yanks and Krauts too. We already have the cricket so Yanks also need Airborne.

Been here long enough Fuchs... been here long enough...  ;)

And an even stronger argument they won't post renders of US weapons if its not in the release...  ;D
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #19 on: 08-04-2009, 09:04:42 »
I assume when they release the news release on them we'll find out >: I'm just so curious ;P
Sig editted (oversize)

Civius

« Reply #20 on: 08-04-2009, 10:04:07 »
They are all wearing top hats like this:

No wait... Or did we change plans? Can't remember.

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-04-2009, 06:04:10 »
I'm mildly surprised that this didn't turn into another Y-strap massive debate.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10-04-2009, 07:04:04 »
Y-straps are good to go for normandy, on any non-M36/40 tunic.  Those tunics mostly had internal suspenders, and thus the troops were not issued y-straps

My y-strap bitching from before 2.0 was because DAK tunic didn't have internal suspenders, so they needed the y-straps

As for american skins, I honestly just want to see a nice infantry division skin.

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #23 on: 10-04-2009, 17:04:02 »
As for american skins, I honestly just want to see a nice infantry division skin.

Well besides the infantry skin I would love to see some Paratrooper skins too (please?).
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10-04-2009, 20:04:54 »
Well, course, they'd need them for a para map.  But other then a ranger skin for du hoc, and para for maps with para in them, I really would just rather a generic infantry division.  It seems to me like people have forgotten that the rangers and the paras were not the victors of WW2....

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10-04-2009, 21:04:35 »
Well, course, they'd need them for a para map.  But other then a ranger skin for du hoc, and para for maps with para in them, I really would just rather a generic infantry division.  It seems to me like people have forgotten that the rangers and the paras were not the victors of WW2....

Oh what the hell are you talking there? Haven't you seen Band of Brothers?

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #26 on: 10-04-2009, 22:04:23 »

Oh what the hell are you talking there? Haven't you seen Band of Brothers?

lol, I agree with Schneider the rangers and the paratroopers were both volunteer units

Offline Johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-04-2009, 00:04:01 »

I totally agree, the standard infantry gets the short end of the stick in popular memory in favor of constantly focusing on the special units. It's why the vast majority of commercial video games have either the 101st or the 82nd Airborne Division for the Americans and only the SAS for the British.

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #28 on: 11-04-2009, 00:04:40 »
Because they were the spearhead infantery! If I were producing a commercial game I wouldn't go for "normal" infantery units. But this is FH 2 so after all Mudra's point maybe right...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #29 on: 11-04-2009, 00:04:24 »
On the topic of player models:
Is there much difference between the uniforms of standard US regiments and the rangers?  Personaly, I'd like to see 4 more sets before release: standard wehrmacht, fallschrimjager, US airborne and standard US army.  Any other are just surplus (though I certainly wouldn't say no).

On the actual topic of headgear:
I noticed that the brits and canadians get the old and the new style helmets.  I'm assuming there is a nice mix between the classes.  What I'd like to see is far more new style hemets for the canadians, since I beleive they were issued them first and in greater numbers.