Author Topic: Empty servers  (Read 10248 times)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Re: Empty servers
« Reply #15 on: 06-04-2009, 14:04:31 »
Sidi (and only for 5 mins).

Guess you played as German, man that 16p Sidi map is max-pwnage for anybody unlucky enough to spawn on the Brisitsh side, and yes you can say "smoke is your friend" but convincing folks to put down their nades and use their brains isn't always easy.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #16 on: 06-04-2009, 14:04:37 »
British actually.  I tried to use smoke, but I only had 2 and no one else was going to help.  But that still doesn't put me off.  When I still played vBF2, some of the best times were on 16p inf only maps.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-04-2009, 14:04:55 »
Ok Sidi is a bad example, as it needs brains to win and is quite tilted towards the defenders in the building with the open approach, but there are others out there. :)

Normandy will also see some very very good 16/32p maps! And it would be a shame if they were to die in the dark.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-04-2009, 15:04:14 »
WOLF still plays a lot of 16 and 32 player maps to start off the night, and I've actually had more fun on some of them then on full 64 maps. The only problem is a lot of the small maps get really unbalanced once you go over their ideal number of players-I've yet to see axis ever win 16-Giarabub if there are more than about 20 people on- which means if admins aren't on to switch to larger maps it doesn't really help the server grow.

konti

« Reply #19 on: 06-04-2009, 18:04:49 »
http://www.game-monitor.com/bf2_GameServer/87.118.90.74:16568/-Thors_Brigade_FH_2.15_SSM.html

This server runs each map-size. The more people join, the bigger map is loaded next.

4 punished tks = autokick

;)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #20 on: 06-04-2009, 19:04:14 »
  Wolf is the way to go.  With small player counts they do small maps and the admins will even ask people what they want to see next. 
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06-04-2009, 19:04:46 »
While some of our 16p maps are really good, we made a huge mistake when not adding vehicles, even adding just one tank makes the game feel a lot less than a counter strike mod. We are trying to add more tanks and vehicles for our normandy 16p maps where its possible.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #22 on: 06-04-2009, 20:04:53 »
Please don't toch Bir Hakeim. It was already burned from the 64 player version and I love it so much, it's so good as bayonet and CQ map in 16 player, would be suckass with a tank roaring around.
But ofcourse you are talking about Normandy maps. Just trying to be sure here.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #23 on: 06-04-2009, 20:04:55 »
  Don't listen to Fuchs.....This is something I have have been wanting for some time now.  You get a small group together and there is always a handful of tank whores that have to play 64 maps so they can have there damn tanks.  So while 4 tank jerks are slugging it out having a ball the infantry guys are stuck driving around in circles capping flags.  I often times recommend 32 Gazala just for the simple fact that you only have two flags to mess with and there are plenty of tanks to keep everyone happy. 
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #24 on: 06-04-2009, 20:04:41 »
I am only defending Gazala 16 player  :(
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06-04-2009, 20:04:08 »
Ok Sidi is a bad example, as it needs brains to win and is quite tilted towards the defenders in the building with the open approach, but there are others out there

Sidi Rezegh 16 was changed in 2.15, now both teams have an uncapable main and must attack the building, wich has not spawns

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-04-2009, 21:04:43 »
Sidi Rezegh 16 was changed in 2.15, now both teams have an uncapable main and must attack the building, wich has not spawns

Ah sorry totally forgot about that change.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #27 on: 07-04-2009, 01:04:24 »
There is at least 1 full server, and a few not full servers up in peak hours. Most of the mod's community comes from Europe. HSLAN is full usually between EARLY morning Pacific Standard Time, anywhere from 3 AM and beyond, roughly until maybe 5-7 PM, but thats when the Americans get on, or some insomniac Europeans play on WOLF, roughly 40 people are so. There are dead times roughly 9pm - 2 am PST however, but you should be going to sleep anyways! :P The mod certainly isn't dead, you just need to know when to play. And if you cant make those times (I know it sucks, work and school), the weekends are pretty full (leagues, etc) as well as evenings.
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-04-2009, 01:04:52 »
 Join us on WOLF server on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. If Punkbuster didn't hate Forgotten Hope so much there would easily be 50+ players on many of these days.

And to all of you guys that don't belong to our time zones, stop criticizing player numbers.

Posts like this one do not help bring the numbers up at all. If you want to play, join up. If you do not wish to play and only want to criticize numbers then go play PR and avoid these forums or FF. This mod is not dying and anyone who suggest that it is should be getting a banhammer anyways.

I personally feel these types of threads should be deleted as they only cast aspersion on what is an otherwise vibrant and healthy player base.

On the matter of 16 and 32 player sized maps, I personally feel that there should always be armour available (within reason) and that some of the smaller maps should have planes for all the flyboys. I also think that all special pick up kits should be made available for all map sizes and most particularily in the same locations where possible.

My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Fluestertuete

• Administrator
  • Morgen wird heute schon gestern sein
    • View Profile
    • TS-Rent TeamSpeakserver / Part of warumdarum.de
« Reply #29 on: 07-04-2009, 02:04:24 »
@ Topdogger
Auf dem TDP gibt es keine Adminwillkür. Zumindest nicht, seitdem TDP zu WarumDarum gehört. Keiner der jetzt amtierenden Admins würde jemanden wegen einem versehentlichem TK kicken, oder gar bannen. Der TDP ist unter Garantie einer der fairsten FH1 Server die momentan zu finden sind.

Aber wer weiß... Vielleicht gibt es ja bald wirklich auch einen TDP FH2 Server...