Author Topic: Operation Goodwood 64  (Read 16223 times)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: Operation Goodwood 64
« Reply #90 on: 13-03-2012, 14:03:33 »
Okay something got really messed up here:

What I tried to reply to was this statement. I cant even figure out you posted it:

It's quite simple, the 'cool' team (let's face it, everybody loves allies) attracts people who care about such things, often younger or less experienced people. The relatively less attractive team (evil krauts) consists often of people who care less about this (or are just plain mean, kicking on being the evil guys) and are more focused gameplaywise. Coincidence or not, those people tend to be more experienced.

I noticed this before with Battlefield Vietnam (especially!), Battlefield 2, CoD 4 and Cod WaW. Nobody wants to be opfor except the guys who know it matters little which team you're on as long as you're good.
of course you can't see this as a rule, but still you'll more often see the ruthlessly competent (and irritating) guys playing axis.

What I had to say about it:

That doesnt make any sence I think Germans are the way cooler team/force to fight with. Since nearly all there weapons are cooler in my opinion. An example: I think all Allied tanks are shitty, exept cromwells and crusaders.

On the other hand of course thereare many players who thinks Allied are cooler, so since this phenomenon occurs for either side it doesnt have any impact.

Sorry for that totalyy ridiculous djungel of quotations!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 17-07-2012, 23:07:48 »
someone botched the fog settings, you can see how the environment gets rendered instead of it being actually hidden by the fog...

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06-10-2012, 21:10:12 »
Are there any plans to change this map in a future patch? I love it to death but I'm sick of people taking the Fireflies and just camping in the same spot on the tracks. Grentheville is too close to the German main, it never feels like a fair fight if you're defending it when you can blast the Germans when they aren't ready.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 20-12-2012, 01:12:47 »
Is there any chance of removing or relaxing the Out-of-Bounds lines? My fuck is it tedious to have the Firefly and the King Tiger sitting just around the corner from each other at the rail bridge for the entire map.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 09-04-2014, 16:04:02 »
2.46 changelog for Operation Goodwood 64

• Replaced the G43 rifle with the G41(W) in all pickup kits.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 22-05-2018, 13:05:50 »
Nitpicky tweak again; StuG 40 Ausf. G (late) should be replaced with an early one. The late Ausf G in the game, is suitable for 1945 maps as it represents one that rolled off from the factory after 9-10.44.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 11-05-2020, 17:05:40 »
2.56 changelog Operation Goodwood 64

-Change historically incorrect StuG model for an earlier variant
-Made one of the two Cromwells use the Guards Armoured Division texture

Spoiler
11th AD

Guards AD