Author Topic: Traction Wars - WW2 realistic FPS  (Read 47082 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Traction Wars - WW2 realistic FPS
« Reply #420 on: 21-08-2018, 22:08:09 »
I haven't seen anything that makes this look better than Post Scriptum, especially since they offer tanks etc... BUT I haven't seen any gameplay vids. Maybe if this is bug free, it will be better :)

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 25-08-2018, 00:08:32 »
I haven't seen anything that makes this look better than Post Scriptum, especially since they offer tanks etc... BUT I haven't seen any gameplay vids. Maybe if this is bug free, it will be better :)
To me it looks like this will fit into the role America's Army once had. If it's based on one life game mode.

Different style altogether compared to a large scale respawn shooter like PS. If it's executed well (those jerky 3rd person animations didn't look promising), it has true potential, with guaranteed competitive communities forming around it.
« Last Edit: 25-08-2018, 00:08:16 by Leopardi »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 24-09-2018, 21:09:19 »

Kickstarter is live!

http://kck.st/2p1xelp

The fine lads at Vanguard: Normandy 1944 need our help!

Let's get to the point, they need about 10 000 £ to get the game ready for Steam Early Access.

Up until now, the Traction Wars team has never asked a single penny and have been carrying the burden of their project entirely alone. But one can only do so much with his own skill set in a single life ... And the right skills can be expensive today!

It's now up to us, as the people who love playing detailed, historically accurate WW 2 games to pull our share of the weight.

If you can spare 10 quid, why not send them to our young, talented fellows who have been working really hard to make their dream come true!

They are already halfway there, and with 13 days left they have a good shot at making their dream our reality too!

If only 500 people from this community numbering thousands send them just 10 £ each we might be in Berlin playing this masterpiece by next Christmas!

So what are you waiting soldier, enlist now and be ready to experience a WW2 tactical shooter in all its next-gen glory! No katanas, zombies or cyborgs necessary!   :P
« Last Edit: 24-09-2018, 21:09:44 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 24-09-2018, 21:09:43 »
The trailer might be a little rough around the edges but I'm sure they'll polish it by Early Access!
« Last Edit: 24-09-2018, 21:09:07 by LuckyOne »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 05-10-2018, 22:10:54 »
Final push on Kickstarter!

With only 48 hours left, there is still around a 300 £ shortfall for the project to be funded!

I believe this is the closest this project has ever been to becoming a reality!

The last few video updates released have been pretty nice, I like the concept of the "Raid" gamemode that basically emulates sector push of FH2 in a small scale.

Looks like it won't be a "one-life" game mode after all, but the gameplay we've seen so far hints at being more tactical than action based like Battlefield or Red Orchestra...