Author Topic: Artillery target not received?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Artillery target not received?
« on: 27-06-2009, 17:06:43 »
I was playing Siege of Tobruk yesterday and I spotted the 2 Pounders for the artillery. There was a guy in our team in the artillery, but when I spotted for him, I didn't get the message that the target was received by the Artillery Direction Center (or whatever it is called).

Isn't it so that the artillery guy should ALWAYS receive the targets you give him?

I attached a screenshot of one of the targets I spotted but wasn't received.
« Last Edit: 29-06-2009, 11:06:09 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Artillery target not received?
« Reply #1 on: 27-06-2009, 20:06:55 »
Was he or anyone else still on the gun or mortar?  I don't remember, but I think that you don't get that message if there is no one on the guns at the time of the spot.  Don't quote me on that!  :P

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 27-06-2009, 21:06:26 »
Are you sure had an Axis Kit? You can't send spots if you pick up an opposing sides binocs, just a thought.
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-06-2009, 21:06:40 »
Well, it occurred to me that it might be because of an unoccupied artillery piece, but when I checked on the minimap it looked occupied (blue dot on the arty spot with the 3 pinnacles).

@ Capten C: yes, I'm sure I had an axis kit.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-06-2009, 23:06:36 »
Did you take a kit from the enemy. You can't use enemy binoculars.
This isn't a bug, but a feature. It's realistic because you in real life enemy binoculars are very different that your own, you have to be trained to use them  :P ;D
Pff it took me 3 hours to write this reply, but yeah what Capten_c said.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-06-2009, 00:06:13 »
Well, it occurred to me that it might be because of an unoccupied artillery piece, but when I checked on the minimap it looked occupied (blue dot on the arty spot with the 3 pinnacles).

It could of just been locked.  Locked assets appear manned on the minimap.

Also, I didn't know you couldn't use enemy binocs to spot things!  :-X

Offline Die Happy

• Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-06-2009, 10:06:58 »
you can spot things to appear on minimap with enemy binocs but you cant mark targets for arty with them.

also in your picture you aim to hight to spot the 2pdr, allways aim at the ground in front of your target.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-07-2009, 19:07:38 »

It could of just been locked.  Locked assets appear manned on the minimap.

Also, I didn't know you couldn't use enemy binocs to spot things!  :-X

Why would the mortar on SoT be locked for axis when it is in their mainbase?

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-07-2009, 21:07:58 »
Why would the mortar on SoT be locked for axis when it is in their mainbase?

I haven't played in a while, but I am pretty sure the lefh 18 artillery gun is also locked in the German mainbase.  It is locked because it should only be used by Germans and there isn't any reason why it shouldn't be locked. 

British players can also enter the German mainbase since as far as I know there is no ABC code to keep them out on Siege of Tobruk.  Of course, this doesn't mean the British are meant to go into the German main!  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04-07-2009, 03:07:56 »
Yes, I understand it is locked for the allies, but why would it be so for axis? I played axis that round, so the artillery piece should be open for me and my teammates. So when it looks occupied then, my guess is that it actually was occupied, and not locked.

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-07-2009, 05:07:59 »
Yes, I understand it is locked for the allies, but why would it be so for axis? I played axis that round, so the artillery piece should be open for me and my teammates. So when it looks occupied then, my guess is that it actually was occupied, and not locked.

I just looked at the map and the Axis mortar is locked for the Allies.  The LeFH 18 is not locked, so when it is unoccupied it will show up as a gray icon on the minimap.

On the minimap, the mortar looks the same whether it is occupied or unoccupied.  When an asset appears blue on the minimap, that means it is either locked for the other team (ie. only your team can use it) or it is being manned.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-07-2009, 15:07:55 »
OK, I get it. But, when I was calling for arty, the artillery pice in the far SW was blue. That one is the LeFH, right?

Offline Die Happy

• Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-07-2009, 16:07:31 »
yes
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-07-2009, 17:07:27 »
Then the LeFH was occupied and my target should have been received. But it didn't.