Author Topic: FH2 crashed and now I can't connect to the accounts server!  (Read 678 times)

Offline Rustysteel

• View Profile
What was a minor irritation has turned into a major problem for me and I need some help. Since installing 2.2 I've been occasionally crashing while playing. These CTD's tend to happen just at completion of loading a map, just as I click the join button or several seconds into the round when I'm at the spawn screen.

Like I said this has been occasional perhaps two or three times a week I could live with it until now, I was just playing on the FH server and it crashed to desktop on the loading screen. I let out a little sigh of despair as usual then clicked to launch FH2.exe again, however when I got to the account login screen to connect to the accounts server I get a message flatly stating that 'The server has refused the connection'  :o :-\ :( :'(

Now I've tried several times and even tried disabling my firewall and it's still giving me the same message. I run FH2 on  an adminstrator account on a PC running vista, I've never had this problem before when FH2 crashed  and I'm at a loss as to what's causing it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks rustysteel.
« Last Edit: 21-09-2009, 22:09:10 by Rustysteel »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Hmmm problems with the account sever can only come from firewall settings.
Have you checked in which mode FH2 is started. I recall someone posting that the BF1.5 patch changed the compatibility to Win98/95 under vista, which seriously brings problems to your game
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Rustysteel

• View Profile
I managed to get back in after leaving it alone for half an hour seems to have fixed it's self but I don't understand why all of sudden my firewall would start having issues with BF2. I did crash again though but this time it was right in the middle of the game any idea what's causing that?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Ok the account server thing can also be just a momentary glitch with the EA servers which happens quite often if you are unlucky.

The game crashing mid map is another problem. Have you checked in what compatibility Vista runs our BF2/FH2?
Another good thing to know would be your GFx card and your RAM.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Rustysteel

• View Profile
I think you're right reporter about the accounts issue I just panicked because it hasn't happened to me before lol  :-[

I'll tell you my system specs, I am running vista on a PC with :

intel quad core Q6600
4GB of ram
512mb ATI HD4850 graphics card

Ingame graphics settings are all set to high with 2xAA with a resolution @ 1280 x 1024. I have sound set to software & medium with EAX enabled. I just checked the FH2.exe and I'm running it as the adminstrator but not in compatibilty mode for win XP SP2.

If I remember correctly I didn't turn it on when I installed 2.2, because I remembered one of the new 1.5 patch features was improved support for vista, but I didn't actually think about it as BF2.exe & FH2.exe are two different things doh!  :-[ So I will turn it back on and let you know if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the help
Rustysteel