Forgotten Hope 2 > Community Polls

Transports showing in mini-map

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ts4EVER:
And that means "Most" of them are now sector push? I don't think you know the definition of "Most".

|7th|Nighthawk:
No need to get cranky. I don't care for the Africa maps and at one point a lot of maps got blessed with that game mode, including Falaise Pocket, after which my enjoyment for this mod dropped a little. I'll be more precise: Most of the maps I enjoyed got a change for the worse -> in my opinion <-. I'm probably alone with this opinion as many people still enjoy your mod just as much as on day one so it's completely fine to keep it that way.

Slayer:

--- Quote from: |7th|Nighthawk on 19-08-2018, 13:08:07 ---I don't care for the Africa maps
--- End quote ---
To each his own of course, but to discard a large part of the mod, without which we wouldnt even have this discussion right now, and then use it as an argument on gameplay is really wrong imo.

I agree with Matt, sneaky tactics are not for this game. I agree that rushing into static defenses is not the best tactic, but taking flags with the use of smoke, artillery, tank support and infantry skills, ie combined arms with a bit of teamwork actually is the core of the game.

Therefore it is imo totally fine that a jeep becomes visible on the map. If you don't want that to happen, leave at least one teammate inside it: problem solved.

jan_kurator:
Using a transport vehicle like a truck or a jeep and parking it close to an enemy position is a worthless strategy because it is simply stupid to begin with. On the other hand, I think that all vehicles but bicycles and ciivilian cars/trucks should be teamlocked, what would result in them being hidden on the minimap. I don't like how easy it is to drive enemy's vehicles, but I understand technical reasons behind it. We now have new flashing markers to indicate when precappers "sneaky attackers" are on a flag, so I wouldn't mind vehicles not being shown. Unfortunately, it is not possible to implement without teamlocking all vehicles or making them invisible for both sides.

|7th|Nighthawk:
I'm fully aware that without the Africa maps, this mod would not be where it is at but I find most of the maps to be an unenjoyable grind fest, especially on a full server. As I've said, I'm in the minority on this one and I should clarify that the mini map icon definitely is not game breaking for me, otherwise I would not occasionally come back to play a few games.

Yes, a nicely timed combined attack is something I've seen maybe once or twice in over five years of playing this mod (mind you, not as regularly as most of the players here). In contrast to a mod like PR, there's almost no incentive to work as a team except for driving a vehicle as bow gunner or spotting for artillery. The Squad Leader serves no other function than to be a mobile spawn, a role I regularly take because I'm not a super active player to begin with so sitting back and sniping off enemies fits this style. That or sitting in a bush without moving to create a flanking spawn. The fact that first aid and ammo kits plus revive function for infantry were taken out of the mod for understandable reasons (unstoppable zombie squads) just reinforces that. The SL is just a spawn point from which the squad mates just rush to the next flag without coordination, die, respawn, rinse and repeat. The moment someone has made it past the defenses, everyone leaves your squad to spawn on the sneaky new squad leader anyway. The fact that there are a handful of "real" squad leaders that manage to create a dynamic by using VOIP and being fun in general does not change the overall feeling for me. Not that FH should take the vBF2 mechanics but those managed to make random people cooperate okay to win a match even if noone used VOIP.
That last guy who remains in the vehicle doing nothing at all would be the SL then since if he dies, he stops serving any purpose ;D

TL;DR: I don't think the teamwork Slayer mentioned is often in effect on a public server with randoms.

Sounds like a good idea that would also greatly reduce the amount of teamkilling. Locking civilian cars seem odd though. How would you "balance" them between the teams then? Oh, so you can see when a flag is contested?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version