Forgotten Hope 2 > Pegasus Bridge

Pegasus Bridge 64

(1/2) > >>

Ts4EVER:
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Ts4EVER:
2.52 changelog for Pegasus 64

- Benouville chateau area more eye candy, Grass, terrain painting and new Column lightmaps

AfterDune:
Just want to say I really love this map. The map looks amazing, as always, and the atmosphere is really well done.

Also like the fact that the Germans attack from two sides. Sometimes the Brits tend to forget to defend one side and they keep defending control points that are no longer their biggest worry ;). But, I've had plenty of decent games, also on the smaller layers.

So all in all, well done! This map could be used in a documentary really, if one wanted to :).

Matthew_Baker:

--- Quote from: AfterDune on 23-08-2016, 13:08:35 ---....This map could be used in a documentary really, if one wanted to :).

--- End quote ---

Someone correct me, but I think some of FH2s tank models, planes, whatever were used in a documentary once. (The devs allowed them to be used) :D

Oberst:
Hm. I recent discussion on discord got me an improvement idea. I usually like the idea on playing in the underdog team.

However, this map is almost impossible to win for allies in public play, because the allies team is rarely organized and split between north and south. The map looks really awesome, but gameplay feels flawed. Therefore it would be sad, if it wouldnt be reworked.

How about something like the following: Split the map in two phases. Let the germans first attack the south. Once they have reached and captured Horsa bridge, they recieve spawns in the north (Chateau and St Aubin). Then the fight is played over the last three flags in the north. And the germans can only win, if the finally push over pegasus bridge. This would make a spectacular highlight and nice "story based" gameplay feeling. The only open questions is, if the germans should be able to also push over Horsa bridge or if this bridge should just be made out of bounce for the germans.

You dont even have to fear "back" capping, if the germans only recieve spawns in the north with the capture of Horsa bridge. And if you make this bridge out of bounds for axis, they have to spawn in the north. The only question is, if you allow a counterattack on Horsa for allies or not.

This idea will make the whole map still be played and would only require a rework of the push code. Comments?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version