Author Topic: Operation Goodwood Singleplayer  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Operation Goodwood Singleplayer
« on: 09-09-2009, 21:09:37 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Joni

• View Profile
Re: Operation Goodwood Singleplayer
« Reply #1 on: 11-09-2009, 19:09:17 »
The map has ¨some annoying bugs that make it crash...
I have something here.

When i enter the sherman and its a bot in it already (at the base closest to the brits reinforcepoint)
It also crashes other times, cant play a hole map without crash.
i think fixing this may give u some headache.
But good luch

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-09-2009, 20:09:06 »
The map has some problems in singleplayer, it will crash sooner or later. Will be fixed in next patch

Offline HaWk

• King Tiger Lover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-10-2009, 00:10:54 »
We want KT in goodwood SP!

xD

Offline Jetu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-01-2010, 12:01:47 »
I just thought how much fun this would be, 32 Pumas Versus 32 Daimlers or Greyhounds.   8)

I'm gonna set that up right now. Muwahahah!

Edit: There seems to be a collision conflict when the puma drives over the rail crossings. Just letting you know if you plan to use rail crossings from Goodwood on a new map that has Puma's in it.

I'll describe the conflict as, your Puma gets thrashed around, sliding, tilting side to side, spinning until it gets off the crossing.

Edit#2:  Daimler have the same problem.

This is hell of a lot of fun though. Gotta dodge because one shot from either and its over. XD
« Last Edit: 16-01-2010, 13:01:13 by Jetu »

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-01-2010, 15:01:31 »
Despite the Realism I think some things should have worked out a lil bit more.
The game balance is weak, as Allies you can drive a Heavy tank Cromwell wich enables me to drive as fast as the Axis SDKfz's. The Shermans are not so fast like the Cromwell, but still I feel they're too fast.
The overall character of the map or how it's intended to be is very close to reallity and propably it could make more fun when checking these issues.
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-01-2010, 15:01:39 »
I don't think that map balance should be based on single player...

And the Cromwell is a medium cruiser tank ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-03-2010, 08:03:53 »
I dunno how updated the last posts are, but now the map plays like I figure it ought to - Allies push in destroying the fuck out of everything up to Cagney... the Marder I will either die defending or flee back to cagney and entrench... yes, they do... Usually one needs to be the white rabbit while the other retreats

At Cagney, the Allies get into a pickle, the few tanks and infantry that get in there are mowed down by hanomags or fausts irrespecitvely, and the Germans often take Cageney first developing them ghastly 88s to hold of the main allied force from the east... making the only possible entry one from the west - with heavy casualties from the now mobile German panzer force... And the KT or Tiger, depending on which you've got (Me get biggest bad kitty :-) ) likes to 'hang out' outside Cagney.. and at times lead the counter-attack pushing the allies as far back as the hedgerows

Sadly the map seldom lasts long enough to have the allies, led my moi, to hold off the counter-attack and see if we can make it across the rail - We may get cagney, but usually that's wheh the demo ends.. And returns to desktop :-\

Offline TigerAce

• The hunter of the hedgerows
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-05-2010, 13:05:11 »
It is really annoying when it crashes. i just get a king tiger then it crashes. i don't even get to shoot the gun :'(
"The roar of my 88 is only matched by the boom of a Sherman exploding"

Offline Barryman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-10-2010, 08:10:11 »
Didnt noticed any bugs, but the germans dont use the tanks on their side and they get stuck behind the railway passage. Sometimes some players are standing at the base doing nothing and tanks are trying to drive to the hedgerows. Beside that you can also drive trough the wooden fences, dont know if this is intended?