Author Topic: Complete revised 2.4 Changelog  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Complete revised 2.4 Changelog
« on: 14-07-2011, 21:07:55 »
After Tuesday's release of our internal changelog, there were some understandable complaints that it was incomplete, largely ambiguous and partly incomprehensible, so I have taken the time to completely rewrite it to a form which is clean, structured and hopefully a lot less ambiguous, so it is clear to everyone what exactly has been changed. I have filtered out all messages relating to content that was not included in 2.4 and I have removed all messages relating to the development and tweaking of new content. I have also rewritten every single entry to it's easier to understand and added many entries (especially in the levels section) that were not in the internal changelog at all. Since the internal changelog is largely incomprehensible (even to a developer) I'm sure I did not manage to include every change that was made, but I do estimate I've listed about 85%.

So, here it is:
Forgotten Hope 2 version 2.3 - version 2.4 Complete Changelog

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Complete revised 2.4 Changelog
« Reply #1 on: 14-07-2011, 22:07:53 »
 your work is appreciated Lightning,
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-07-2011, 22:07:11 »
I'll post here then:

* Made MG42 fire 1x900 rpm instead of 2x600 rpm

WAT

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3 on: 14-07-2011, 22:07:53 »
Now bullets make sense. And it's a game, you wont notice any real difference.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-07-2011, 22:07:12 »
But, to quote my post in the update thread:

Yeah, but, now its just a MG34 with more ammo.  There is literally no fire rate difference, it is not putting more bullets down range per burst.  It can fire for longer, but that doesn't mean its any different from the MG34 in terms of fire rate.  You might as well just give the MG34 the belt that it SHOULD have on the lafette and bipod (the drums stopped being used in the late war anyways), and just use that on all maps.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:30 »
Well, Von Mudra, we cannot have the actual rate of fire of 1200 rpm because of engine limitations, so we've got either the option of 2x600 rpm, which would be the correct ROF, but has the downside of not being as effective, as 2 bullets usually have the same effect as 1 bullet (it kills the player), or 1x900 rpm, which would be an incorrect ROF, but makes the gun more effective. Since we feel it's more important for immersion for the gun to be effective, rather than have the (strictly speaking) correct ROF, we have chosen the second option.

The downside is that it's practically identical to the MG34 now, that's true. The only real difference is that it has 250 bullet belts instead of 50 bullet magazines.
« Last Edit: 14-07-2011, 23:07:31 by Lightning »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:46 »
Well, I don't see the problem therein though.  Since it kills the player no matter if its one bullet or two bullets, but you're gonna hit the player with several no matter what with a burst (face it, when DO you go and use a MG42 as a single shot weapon), the dual bullet thing created a nicer stream of rounds with a correct rain of fire.  The two bullets firing made sure that any hit was a kill, and it put more rounds on target.  With a change to the MG34 way of firing, all you have now is exactly the same weapon, only with a longer belt (despite the fact that, as noted, the MG34 should really have a belt too, not a drum, in most cases, including when mounted on lafette.).

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:47 »
I'm liking the no more grenade shout, nice work!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:17 »
Great job on clearing up the changelog, I was kinda confused when I read the first one...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:42 »
Well, I don't see the problem therein though.  Since it kills the player no matter if its one bullet or two bullets, but you're gonna hit the player with several no matter what with a burst (face it, when DO you go and use a MG42 as a single shot weapon), the dual bullet thing created a nicer stream of rounds with a correct rain of fire.

But that's only when you're close to your target. Far away and you'll have the deviation to worry about. Your cone of fire will be much larger than your target and you'll need more bullets before you score a hit. Now you fire 1.5 times as many bullets per time interval at the cost of a moderately reduced lethality. Additionally, you have twice as many bullets.

Anyway, it's already in the mod, so you'll just have to check it out in game and see for yourself.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-07-2011, 00:07:13 »
I do plan on checking it out, but I can already tell I'm not going to like it.  It's just gonna feel like a MG34, not at all like a MG42.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #11 on: 15-07-2011, 01:07:22 »
I do plan on checking it out, but I can already tell I'm not going to like it.  It's just gonna feel like a MG34, not at all like a MG42.
I'm willing to bet that if you hadn't seen it in the changelog and the number of bullets in the belt hadn't been changed, you would not have noticed a thing.

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-07-2011, 01:07:33 »

Well, maybe for you, because you know it's a fact that bugs you, but for a regular player, it will feel much better than before. ;)

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-07-2011, 01:07:05 »
cant please everyone

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-07-2011, 01:07:43 »
* Fixed Marder I flipping over too easily

Yay! No more wobbly AT Gun ride of death!