Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Starcraft 2
« on: 06-08-2010, 11:08:47 »
hey i guess some of you got starcraft 2
i myself also got it but i need some guest passes for a LAN party so we can try playing a little there.

so if anyone got some spare guest passes they dont need plz send me the keys via PM

thank you ;)

and you can of course use this thread to talk about your great experience with the game ...
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft 2
« Reply #1 on: 06-08-2010, 11:08:53 »
I got a guest pass from a some bloke with fake beard and glasses. The campaign seems fine, have not tried the MP yet. I'm not really convinced to buy it yet though. Time will tell, still got quite a few hours time to play :P
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-08-2010, 12:08:15 »
my beard aint fake
i just to lazy to shave
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-08-2010, 13:08:25 »
I was never a huge fan of the original SC and Broodwar single player campaigns (due to them getting ridiculously hard as you progress) but SC2's single player has been MMM MM DAMN GOOD BITCH.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-08-2010, 16:08:11 »
If anyone has another guest pass, I would like to put my name out there.  I have never owned the first star craft, I genuinely want to see if they are fun.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-08-2010, 19:08:56 »
I'm a hardcore Starcraft fan so needless to say I'm super excited that this game is finally out! Unfortunately my computer's CPU fan picked 1 day after I bought the game to stop working so my PC is in the shop right now.

But when I get it back, good times will be had!!

I played the beta since March, and the MP aspect of the game is fantastic. I'm not crazy about Battle.net 2.0 in its current form, since it lacks basic features like channels and naming custom map servers. I hope they patch these things in in the future.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-08-2010, 00:08:40 »
I received Guest keys so far. The client download from battle.net was pure pain, I took a torrent for the DVD that came with an outdated crack.

I'd also like to mention that the game did not really develope any further. Starcraft was great, but Starcraft 2 plays like Starcraft with improved graphics. What annoys me most, is that you cannot really block or pin an enemy with firepower. In the end, you're blocking bottlenecks with troops and by troops, so it is all about blocking bottlenecks for enemy units with your units. And that isn't very innovative anymore these days. Won't buy, but if you're printing valid guest keys, send em to me.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-08-2010, 05:08:59 »
Even the pre-order Deluxe/Limited Edition still does not come with an inflatable Tricia Helfer, does it? So, still not interested ;D

/troll

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-08-2010, 09:08:10 »
The original was a good game but I dunno if I'll get Starcraft 2... :-\

The main thing stopping me is this:
...Starcraft was great, but Starcraft 2 plays like Starcraft with improved graphics...

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-08-2010, 11:08:32 »
Never finished Starcraft (damn Zerg!) but got a pass for SC2 through a friend and now that I have my new videocard I will check it out for sure. Must admit I'm not too fond of RTS games anymore, except C.o.H. and D.o.W., but those are already a couple of years old. Tried Red Alert 3 but it seems just too arcade-y nowadays, with consoles in mind. RTS-games and shooters simply don't belong on consoles, imo.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-08-2010, 11:08:17 »
Last night I finished the single player campaign on normal difficulty. And I have to admit that I am truly impressed. The events sometimes escalated into epic encounters and the amount of well done cutscenes provided more immersion to the story than first Starcraft ever did.

What made it good was the fact that there were also a few missions in which you had to choose between two outcomes... they would not literally change much of the rest of the game, but they enable you to get specific achievements and of course its fun to have these "oh shit... what should I choose?!" moments.

Now I also have to say that I am a terrible, terrible SC & 2 player. I really am. Im way too slow for such a game but nevertheless I enjoy it. I do not imagine myself playing AGAINST human players unless they are friends of mine whom know they'll get easy whippings outta me. But I wouldnt go and get humiliated online against some randoms.  ;D

But I enjoy playing it with and against mates of mine, which we've been doing the past few days now and its been great fun.

It is true that the game play the same way as original Starcraft does... to some this is a turn down but for me it is not a bad thing. Theres still enough changes done to make it different from the first game and to be honest I was highly glad to find out that you actually get those classic units like the Firebats in single player campaign.

Excellent game and with this kind of highly positive surprise from it's single player I am sure I will buy Protoss and Zerg editions too, solely for the single player experience.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #11 on: 08-08-2010, 12:08:01 »
Haven't tried it, played and finished SC1. I am gonna focus on the Terrans, maybe Protoss but definitelly not Zergs.

Now I also have to say that I am a terrible, terrible SC & 2 player. I really am. Im way too slow for such a game but nevertheless I enjoy it. I do not imagine myself playing AGAINST human players unless they are friends of mine whom know they'll get easy whippings outta me. But I wouldnt go and get humiliated online against some randoms.  ;D

But I enjoy playing it with and against mates of mine, which we've been doing the past few days now and its been great fun.

I'm also a slow player. I play AoE games, 1 round for about 2 hours. I like 2 simulate the time it takes 2 develop and grow.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #12 on: 08-08-2010, 12:08:28 »
Screw this I'm installing the first Starcraft to bring back some memories :)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-08-2010, 17:08:53 »
The original was a good game but I dunno if I'll get Starcraft 2... :-\

The main thing stopping me is this:
...Starcraft was great, but Starcraft 2 plays like Starcraft with improved graphics...

Same here. Even though I understand that they'd have a horde of angry Koreans after them if they significantly changed anything, I still admire companies like Relic who are willing to take chances by experimenting with novel game mechanics. SC1 was great, but it feels extremely shallow when compared to CoH or most other RTS's that have come out in the last few years.

I'm also a slow player. I play AoE games, 1 round for about 2 hours. I like 2 simulate the time it takes 2 develop and grow.

You should play Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, it's an awesome rts for playing really long, draw out games with friends where you end up with some pretty massive bases and battles. Better yet, it's rather old(though the graphics don't show it) so I'm sure it's really cheap by now, and FA doesn't require the CD to play so you can play LAN with only 1 copy. The AI sucks though so don't get it if you only play singleplayer.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-08-2010, 18:08:45 »
There really is only one reason for me currently to buy Starcraft 2, and that would be the singleplayer, and but that rational it might also be more beneficial to borrow the game from a friend than throw down money for it. My less than stellar PC keeps me on the edge because im afraid it will not run, so the original is still the safer bet for me. Besides, both games have the same gameplay mechanics...