Author Topic: Draw Muhammad Day (Thoughts)  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
Re: Draw Muhammad Day (Thoughts)
« Reply #60 on: 21-05-2010, 19:05:47 »
Not surprise YOU Wouldn't... But I'm talking to non-partisan public

It is not okay to allow stupidity. It never has been.

djinn i believe in a green lion who lives under everybodies house, if you do not praise him everyday you are going to burn in Vallahalla. You must respect this and respect my opinion - YOU HAVE TO RESPECT IT. Imagine if I was serious, well many people are serious about something not very far off.

Religion is the same thing, can you see how ridiculous that is? and why it IS ok to call it stupid. It is not fanatical to call something stupid, nor is it a form of partisanship.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 21-05-2010, 20:05:20 »
No it isn't... Islam become popular at a time in the middle East where people were living pagan lives of human sacrifice, and alot of other stuff... It was actually seen as an ordered belief system in the same way Christianity has always been portrayed... like Christianity, it DID order the lives of societies, even if it went off in conquest also - So, many people (Entire races infact) still believe in it 1500 years later - Are you going to now jump up, act like an ass and expect the hidden message of your ass-ery to be considered as a better way of life?

What you paint is a cult, not religion

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 21-05-2010, 20:05:13 »
No it isn't... Islam become popular at a time in the middle East where people were living pagan lives of human sacrifice, and alot of other stuff... It was actually seen as an ordered belief system in the same way Christianity has always been portrayed... like Christianity, it DID order the lives of societies, even if it went off in conquest also - So, many people (Entire races infact) still believe in it 1500 years later - Are you going to now jump up, act like an ass and expect the hidden message of your ass-ery to be considered as a better way of life?

What you paint is a cult, not religion

I live my life being generous and kind to most people that i meet, i judge them as being good and treat them fairly as being good. i want to find a nice girl, settle down and have a child. This is what i believe in, according to you, this is a cult mentality. why? because i believe religion is wrong.

I treat people who act stupid like they are stupid, as i treat people who are good as they are good, people who are bad as they are bad. If someone tells me something ridiculous, by my judgement I call them out.

For my personal life religion isn't usually an issue, my friend Eric is Christian-reformed up the ass, i make fun of him CONSTANTLY, but his values are the same as mine so we are close. I would probably even like you in person.

All I think is that it is a ridiculous out-dated concept that I completely disagree with, there is no cult work here or any thing that is abnormal.
« Last Edit: 21-05-2010, 20:05:49 by Mr.Deceptive »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 21-05-2010, 21:05:08 »
Mr.Deceptive, you are a very silly person. But some times you speak wise words. Carry on my friend.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 21-05-2010, 22:05:34 »
IF they cant handle some jokes against their religion , theyre not suited to live in a civilized nation

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 22-05-2010, 03:05:41 »
Wait, did you even answer me? I said how you paint religion is as though it were a cult. You take one word completely out of context and run, mr deceptive! And thorondor its THIS time you choose to see wisdom in his words?

Are you even caring about the logic of an argument to respond correctly, or you're intentionally twisting words to make a case?

That goes for alot of people here. Do y'all read a post to understand it before retaliating? Or one word catches your eye and you see red.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 22-05-2010, 05:05:14 »
Wait, did you even answer me? I said how you paint religion is as though it were a cult. You take one word completely out of context and run, mr deceptive! And thorondor its THIS time you choose to see wisdom in his words?

Are you even caring about the logic of an argument to respond correctly, or you're intentionally twisting words to make a case?

That goes for alot of people here. Do y'all read a post to understand it before retaliating? Or one word catches your eye and you see red.

you wrote "What you paint is a cult, not religion", so I thought you meant "You paint religion as a cult" and I think you can see why I made the mistake. i ran with a mistake.

Although the rest of my post is true, I am that person and I don't paint religion as a cult... I simply think it is an out dated belief system.

I am a good, loving and caring person who is generous, however i do not believe in god... and in a religious person's eyes i would be going to hell anyways - that doesn't fly with me. That is why i see it as being very very wrong, and therefore "stupid" to believe in.

You said what I wrote before was assery. If judging a religion as "stupid" when it condemns me to a life of torment even though I am a good person is assery, then i am the biggest asshole to ever live.
« Last Edit: 22-05-2010, 05:05:47 by Mr.Deceptive »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 22-05-2010, 09:05:09 »
Tha ass part referred to the artists. I might disagree with you, mr. D, even the validity of an argument, but i wont call you an ass for it, don't worry ;-)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 22-05-2010, 11:05:39 »
Superstition and religion is not exactly the same so I wouldn't put it into one category, but it doesn't change the sum of it, it's narrow-minded if you take offense by jokes at their costs.
It completely is. You have been taught that both a) God exists and b) Santa exists. Later in life b has been debunked, but for some reason some people refuse to accept a is a myth as well. I can remember in kindergarten myself saying that when it rained God was crying. But by third grade I had already realized there is no such thing, mainly because I liked to read about science and history. Again I remember telling my classmates we were all evolved from monkeys, and they laughed at me and called me monkeyboy :(

The fact that religiosity is often linked to superstition does not mean it is the same. Superstition claims incoherent singular explanations for singular appearances. Religion is a complex system which builds up a - well, more or less - coherent ideology.
If someones tries to equal those to things trying to under-simplify religiosity and make religious people look more stupid will probably end up seeming more stupid himself. If it was the same they would all lay it down after kindergarten.

And while the origin of the universe is and will probably always be mystical, they don't all make much sense to me. And I don't see a bit why Buddhism should make more sense than the others, it does not. Necessarily one has to come to the conclusion that religion is an invention, but it's probably closer to the truth that not "someone invented" it, but that it is or was a development over a longer time concerning several people. So it is an invention, as are human rights and all that stuff, just a little more far-fetched.  ;)

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 22-05-2010, 16:05:21 »
I would think Draw Muhammed Day was offensive, however I value free speech and the fact that certain people can't take a joke is more offensive to me.

My view = Freedom of speech is fine, but delibirately trying to piss people off is wrong.. put it this way.

You're chatting to someone you've just met, and you crack a joke about cancer. They say "Please do not joke about that, My dad died of cancer." But now you know they don't want you to do it, it is the only thing you joke about for the rest of the time your together..  It's called being a dick.

I cant see how you can compare this. Its a different to joke about cancer personally to one person which have cancer, and officially to everybody in a newspaper or whatever. If you just meet a muslim eye to eye and start to joke about muhammed, youre simply a provokator. But to joke with it in a neutral medium not directed towards anyone personally is a completely different thing, which everyone are allowed. Its called freedom of speech. I cant see how you can compare a general joke about muhammed, with a personal directed joke about cancer to someone with cancer. Was this thread regarding personal drawings directly to muslims, or was it talking about drawings in a neutral official medium?     

But on the other hand i think its allright anyhow. To accept the muhammed drawings is for me a test to see if a person is suited to live in a civilized country with freedom of speech, or if he is more suitable to live in a country where you kill everyone who say things you dont like.

Offline MvB_1988

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23-05-2010, 14:05:28 »
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."
-House

I believe the only boundary in a free society is violence so people should paint pictures, talk about and ridicule however they like. If you cant accept that you are not fit to life in a free society.

The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem.

Offline nephros

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23-05-2010, 14:05:04 »

I cant see how you can compare this. Its a different to joke about cancer personally to one person which have cancer, and officially to everybody in a newspaper or whatever. If you just meet a muslim eye to eye and start to joke about muhammed, youre simply a provokator. But to joke with it in a neutral medium not directed towards anyone personally is a completely different thing, which everyone are allowed. Its called freedom of speech. I cant see how you can compare a general joke about muhammed, with a personal directed joke about cancer to someone with cancer. Was this thread regarding personal drawings directly to muslims, or was it talking about drawings in a neutral official medium?     

But on the other hand i think its allright anyhow. To accept the muhammed drawings is for me a test to see if a person is suited to live in a civilized country with freedom of speech, or if he is more suitable to live in a country where you kill everyone who say things you dont like.

So it's okay to make fun of cancer victims if it runs in the neutral medium of a newspaper?
Is it okay to insult homosexuality in the neutral medium of this forum?

Freedom of speech is great, but it doesn't mean you aren't a dickweed if you  use it to intentionally make fun of something that is sacred to someone else.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 23-05-2010, 16:05:17 »
Thank you

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23-05-2010, 19:05:54 »

Can we keep it on topic, or at least make a religion thread and clean this here one up?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #74 on: 23-05-2010, 19:05:42 »
the NML forums has such a place in our Off-topic subforums.  
http://nmlforums.low-ping.com/
« Last Edit: 23-05-2010, 19:05:42 by The Warrior (CnJ) »