Author Topic: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.  (Read 52786 times)

Offline Limonero

• View Profile
Re: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.
« Reply #210 on: 16-08-2010, 11:08:05 »
Playing online. Wasnt squad leader and frankly had a sub-standard leader. On mersa matru. Just capped allied mainbase as germans.

We could hear an incoming crusader and noted there'd likely be infantry in tow

Wanted us to mine the area and get AT Rifles or fix the 25pdr.

SL said the stuka overhead would get the tank. Pilot wasnt in my team, mark.

Swore under my breath and while the rest of my squad stood around cluelessly, i got on the vikers and started to engage the infantry near that spawn shed near the dock, forcing them to abondon the beach road and move into that built-up area to the side.

A sniper finally got me and I had to respawn. Appeared in that built-up area with the at rifle then i realised i was where the infantry had fled to.

I quickly made my way towards the gap in the alluminium fence and run into 2 brits, prone and taking shots through the gap @ my squad, who by now were being pummeled by the tank and trying desperately to use smoke to hide.

I pulled out my pistol and fired from the hip, taking out one shooter, the other turned to me, fired and missed. I darted behind a house and came around from his other side and finished him off.
The rookie was still facing where I was when I first engaged them. An easy kill.

I dashed through the gap and dropped a gabeltladung on the tank, which, along with infantry was so focused on killing the remnants of my squad and capping the flag, they didnt see me.

The tank blew up, instantly getting their attention.

Making my way through thinly concealing smoke and dodging bullets, I regrouped with the main army at the beach base and waited for the rest of my squad to respawn.

We had lost the british main, but I had taking half the attack force by myself.

Do you realize now how is FH2 meant to be played?
Online!

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 16-08-2010, 12:08:58 »
Playing online. Wasnt squad leader and frankly had a sub-standard leader. On mersa matru. Just capped allied mainbase as germans.

We could hear an incoming crusader and noted there'd likely be infantry in tow

Wanted us to mine the area and get AT Rifles or fix the 25pdr.

SL said the stuka overhead would get the tank. Pilot wasnt in my team, mark.

Swore under my breath and while the rest of my squad stood around cluelessly, i got on the vikers and started to engage the infantry near that spawn shed near the dock, forcing them to abondon the beach road and move into that built-up area to the side.

A sniper finally got me and I had to respawn. Appeared in that built-up area with the at rifle then i realised i was where the infantry had fled to.

I quickly made my way towards the gap in the alluminium fence and run into 2 brits, prone and taking shots through the gap @ my squad, who by now were being pummeled by the tank and trying desperately to use smoke to hide.

I pulled out my pistol and fired from the hip, taking out one shooter, the other turned to me, fired and missed. I darted behind a house and came around from his other side and finished him off.
The rookie was still facing where I was when I first engaged them. An easy kill.

I dashed through the gap and dropped a gabeltladung on the tank, which, along with infantry was so focused on killing the remnants of my squad and capping the flag, they didnt see me.

The tank blew up, instantly getting their attention.

Making my way through thinly concealing smoke and dodging bullets, I regrouped with the main army at the beach base and waited for the rest of my squad to respawn.

We had lost the british main, but I had taking half the attack force by myself.

Online!

True!!.....BUT....it was the hundreds of hours playing SPlayer that gave Djinn the skills required to conduct said feat!  ;)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #212 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:35 »
Just had an epic round of mortar on PHL. We (USA) lost, but I'm pretty pleased with a 68:0 K-D ratio.
Oh, I love guys like you. Good Mortar guys on maps like PHL is just a great help towards a victory.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 18-08-2010, 18:08:02 »
M1 Carbine is awesome at close quarters, along with the knife ofc.

I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline sniper77shot

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 19-08-2010, 02:08:50 »
Mine would probably be August 18th 2010, I was commander on Hslan, played a few rounds, really great team, won 2 or 3 matches and on the 4th one i am not sure because I had to go. Really fun, I found it very entertaining, especially the last match, great team. Look forward to playing with you guys again tomorrow.

As well earlier I was a marksman, really fun Von.Small was there to who was killed so we left our position because he would come back. Really entertaining.
« Last Edit: 19-08-2010, 02:08:35 by sniper77shot »

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #215 on: 19-08-2010, 02:08:03 »
Yeah some good El Alamein, PHL and PdH on Hslan this night.  :)

Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #216 on: 19-08-2010, 08:08:49 »
Online!

True!!.....BUT....it was the hundreds of hours playing SPlayer that gave Djinn the skills required to conduct said feat!  ;)

Actually you would only need to think for a second "What is the enemy doing and where could they be?".
When you see an enemy that is better equipped then you are, flank him or outmaneuver him. Always try to flank. 3 Fs.  Fire,flank,finish off.

If you can't engage based on troop quantity, flank and leave them be. It's gonna be easier for ya when you come to a checkpoint.

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #217 on: 19-08-2010, 10:08:28 »
Mine would probably be August 18th 2010, I was commander on Hslan, played a few rounds, really great team, won 2 or 3 matches and on the 4th one i am not sure because I had to go. Really fun, I found it very entertaining, especially the last match, great team...

Yeah you were very good as commander, it was a pleasure serving under you.

Offline [A9]Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 19-08-2010, 11:08:45 »
Mine would probably be August 18th 2010, I was commander on Hslan, played a few rounds, really great team, won 2 or 3 matches and on the 4th one i am not sure because I had to go. Really fun, I found it very entertaining, especially the last match, great team...

Yeah you were very good as commander, it was a pleasure serving under you.
Yes, it was great! You made boring map fun. I think german team also had a good commander bcuz they put up with quite good resistance.

Thank you FH-Team! This mod/game rocks!

Offline W4lt3r

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 19-08-2010, 15:08:14 »
About 5 days ago in Hslan, Operation Cobra, I'm on german side and notice we dont have anyone in the air..
Think to myself, "Why the heck not, I just plugged this X52 in anyway just for this game".
After few minutes and first few kills, I notice the capabilities of the aircraft and start seriously racking up kills with it, keeping the air clear for teammates most of the time, getting shot down twice. ( /ot I have my sense of pride though, I don't shoot anyone to the airfield. I want a fair dogfight in the air.. I get sad when i see spawn raping planes ot/)

That thing is also pretty deadly against the open-top TD's.. The driver is so easy to get rid of with the 20mms'.

Anyhow, as the round progresses, the american side pilots become even more desperate to take me down. At one point they had both 51's and 47 on me at the same time yet I manage to outmaneuver and deal killing blows in less then 2 seconds when i get my sights on a target and pull away.

One nice maneuver i did on the last 51 that was chasing me between the Windmill/US Main, Pulled a loop and hammerhead maneuver after that. He had no idea i pulled up there and finished him off pretty easily.  That's the moment I just felt great to pull off such maneuver...

Common maneuvers you do everyday in IL-2 tend to be very effective in this game.

Finished round with 52/2
« Last Edit: 19-08-2010, 15:08:04 by W4lt3r »

Offline MvB_1988

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 19-08-2010, 15:08:39 »
Yesterday I had a good day. I always play on a 762 server with the most players.

At the beginning of Lutich map I race forward with a 251, but after a while I encounter a sherman so I bail out and run 50 meters. A minute later a US soldier takes the 251 and drives away. I took aim with my K98 and killed the driver with one shot.
After that I took the 251/11 at the german base and started shooting salvo`s at Mortain. Killing 4 US soldiers, for the first time making kills with this halftrack!
A few minutes later i`m clearing the hedgerows around mortain and I see a M10 passing by. I shot a few salvo`s from my MP40 at the turtet and I think nothing of it. Then 15 seconds later I get a kill message and I look at the M10 and its not moving, killed the driver!

A few maps later on Cobra. I`m in a Panther driving along and taking out shermans at long range. Many US airplanes in the sky and one has spotted me. He dives towards me but his approach is behind trees and my MG has to reload. The second the plane came behind from the trees I shot a PzGr40 shell at the plane and it blows up!

Nothing more satisficing then taking out airplanes with armor because I hate it getting killed by a Typhoon or Cobra!
« Last Edit: 19-08-2010, 15:08:19 by MvB_1988 »
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #221 on: 19-08-2010, 19:08:57 »
Yesterday I had a good day. I always play on a server we don't mention by name here with the most players.

At the beginning of Lutich map I race forward with a 251, but after a while I encounter a sherman so I bail out and run 50 meters. A minute later a US soldier takes the 251 and drives away. I took aim with my K98 and killed the driver with one shot.
After that I took the 251/11 at the german base and started shooting salvo`s at Mortain. Killing 4 US soldiers, for the first time making kills with this halftrack!
A few minutes later i`m clearing the hedgerows around mortain and I see a M10 passing by. I shot a few salvo`s from my MP40 at the turtet and I think nothing of it. Then 15 seconds later I get a kill message and I look at the M10 and its not moving, killed the driver!

A few maps later on Cobra. I`m in a Panther driving along and taking out shermans at long range. Many US airplanes in the sky and one has spotted me. He dives towards me but his approach is behind trees and my MG has to reload. The second the plane came behind from the trees I shot a PzGr40 shell at the plane and it blows up!

Nothing more satisficing then taking out airplanes with armor because I hate it getting killed by a Typhoon or Cobra!

There we go, fixed your typo

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 21-08-2010, 21:08:02 »
Just 2 minutes ago ... port en bessin ... i got the panzer III at the beginning and  died when the enemy had 40 tickets left.
I destroyed 3 shermans 2 bren carriers and some civilian vehicles  ... i stayed on the move while all the brits tried to throw satchels at me - they only got me when i had to reload and got stuck in a trench :
48 to 1 kd ratio  MADNESS
« Last Edit: 21-08-2010, 21:08:49 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 21-08-2010, 22:08:20 »
Best game I had recently was last month. I was the had of a squad and we defendee the east frontline of Lebisey against EVERYTHING. The trick was this: we defend @ all cost

The squad listened to me and did as i asked

We had shooters and spotters in the hedgerow and in the grass.

We kept the AT gun firing no matter what

We kept out of sight, getting tommy-boy unaware

If we faced overwhelming force, i stayed back and alive, getting situational awareness and commanding, using smoke to conceal retreats, counterattacks and repair on the AT gun.

We mined the eastmost pass to prevemt flank attacks and repeated tactics, replenished mines etc so that the line held

Soon the enemy had a bulge to deal wit since we were the only frontline base holding. We had no less than 6 tank kills, light vehicles and scores of enemy infntry KIA, including scouts... Then the barrage started

I quipped to my squad that the enemy was really hurtin', the intense arty being confirmation that we had become priority

We had to weather barrage after barrage, holding out against more organised forces made up, for the first time of infantry with tank and arty support

After another 3 waves had been smashed against our sliver of steel, we had to fall back to the static opel blitz behind the hedgrow, by now facing 3 tanks, flankin infantry, arty that was called down on us as soon as we came out of the brush and a now British spawn base

Finally, telling men to spawn as AT infantry, engineers and scouts, we used diversionary smoke to take out2 of their tanks, the 3rd having moved off and agressively devastating their infantsy and recapping the flag

But with rear lines collapsing, and absolutely no support, an even greater barrage, more tanks and infantry coming from 3 sides, we finally gave up the base

But the Englanders had paid for that outpost dearly and just as the round ended, some other squads from our side had recapped the flag :-)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 22-08-2010, 08:08:11 »
Roughly 20 minutes ago on Cobra as the germans on WOLF, the germans flags had all be capped and our main was being base raped. I immedietly decided to deal with the heathens in planes and grabbed an MG42. I shot down 1 p47 before it could finish its strafe, and then turned and shot down a P-47 that was strafing our Storch as it took off. The torch exploded, but I kill the P-47 and it exploded in mid air. The 3rd plane decided immedietly that I wasn't something to mess with and possibly related to chuck norris, proceeded to fly away.Happening all within 20 seconds. I kept all the american planes away for the rest of the round.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3