Author Topic: How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?  (Read 13128 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?
« Reply #60 on: 30-03-2011, 02:03:03 »
When I was discussing about bf1942 in a gamestore and how I pwned in it, a guy told me to try FH that "the planes are very heavy".

Then a large portion of my lifetime is devoted to FH gaming. I even looked up the codes of the files and know almost every single vehicles/weapons in the game (and how they worked... etc).

Seriously, I hate that guy!  :P

Anyway, great mod I must say.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 01-04-2011, 00:04:21 »
FH2: Was looking about on Steam for Battlefield 1942, could only find BC2 and BF2. Decided to check out BF2. Went to YouTube to see gameplay, saw FH2, looked awesome, stared at the site till I got BF2 from a friend. Glued to FH2 eversince.

FH1: Looking to see if FH *2* was just a name to go with being part of BF2 or the prequel possibility.

Offline RagheadMutiny

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 31-07-2011, 12:07:26 »
Through a friend - we were keen BF1942 players in a clan, and discovered FH1 during beta stage many years ago.

I played FH1 until I got a new PC this year, with Windows 7, and have not had the time to research how to get it working :/

Best game I ever played, FH1, being a history/archaeology graduate and having done much WW2 research in my days.

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 31-07-2011, 21:07:57 »

I just knew the Vanilla BF1942, and in that time i did not know the existence of "mods" and their meaning, but years later already with Battlefield 2, I discovered the existence of mods and searching for a good mod i saw FH2 ,I not downloaded the mod right in the first time because i was afraid of size of the mod , later i bought a better internet and finally downloaded FH2

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 01-08-2011, 13:08:49 »
Battlefield 1942 was my first own bought game. I played it for a while, mostly in Coop or singleplayer, because I had no internet connection. On a LAN party I downloaded FH 0.7 and couldn't stop to play it in coop with my mates.

After getting BF2 I was still forced to play in coop, but searched for FH2 and found a trailer on youtube. Then I followed the progress of the mod until today, always waiting for updates and new content. Especialy the coop was much more improved since the first days, and sometimes I still like it to play a round against bots - without any freaks, who are better than me and who can be sometimes quiet annoying.  ;D

But now, you can find me mostly on the FH2 servers and sometimes I join the Pixelfighter-server for a round of good old FH 0.7 - a game, where games were played because of fun and not because you wanted to had good stats.

Offline 44mag

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04-08-2011, 19:08:47 »
i started playing fh1 after looking up mods for bf because i thought that bf secret weapons was a waste of $$, road to rome was better. so i joined the 51st pnzr server and thats where it all started for me, back when tdp was still the biggest fh1 gaming site and fh2 hadnt been thought of yet.
so yeah around fh version  0.4 ;D

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 14-11-2011, 21:11:34 »
FH1: Besides a demo for Delta Force, bf1942 was my first FPS, and I played it non-stop to the point my parents became concerned. At some point, a year or two down the line IIRC, I finally got tired of all these full servers I couldnt access and looked into it (I barely knew anything about computers and gaming at 13). I found the main perpetrator, Desert Combat, and played that for a while, and then found the wonderful Pirates and legendary Galactic Conquest. I couldnt get enough. I couldnt believe that there was all this content available for free, and all these wonderful communities (well never got into DC), and all I had to do was install it. During my initial searches, I passed Forgotten Hope on the list beside BF1918, but wasnt too interested in all the early war stuff since I wanted a change from WWII. After a bit more time I looked around some more and stumbled across FH again. It was an update showing off the Valentine, and I think depth charges and transport ships. I was floored. The tanks with all their attention to detail, the addition of something so small as a launcher for depth charges, and the mesmerizing idea of a map that had transport convoys (in my head). I downloaded, and never looked back.

FH2: I played FH1 from sometime around the .66 release until..well I guess now. I found out about FH2 at the first news post about it. :)

Offline AgentOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 13-12-2011, 18:12:53 »
Signed up for the latest WaW (World at War - http://www.bfewaw.com) tournament and FH2 was the mod they used for bf2.

I'm glad this WW2 mod exists and still has players. I cannot stand all this modern warfare stuff. I like my prop planes and hate all the laser-guided, missile cam, etc... stuff.
« Last Edit: 13-12-2011, 18:12:42 by AgentOrange »

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 15-12-2011, 21:12:34 »
Found it on moddb  :P