Author Topic: Reenacting Thread  (Read 127026 times)

Offline GuinNess

• Member of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Re: Reenacting Thread
« Reply #1515 on: 21-07-2014, 18:07:37 »
Hey guys, i'm currently gathering german fallschirmjäger stuff (repro) for a reenacting during the next winter here in Luxembourg. I nearly have everything but there are some things I still need but have trouble to find.

Since there was only one german paratrooper (5. FJR) active during the battle of bulge in luxembourg im looking for a wristband "Fallschirm-Jäger Rgt. 13" or  "Fallschirm-Jäger Rgt. 13" like this http://www.zib-militaria.de/WebRoot/Store8/Shops/61431412/4B70/3F37/E172/2B2A/0B18/C0A8/28BE/1F87/0052.jpg

Then I need Corporal epaulettes which I also don't get eihter at ZIB Militaria or Lomax Militaria.

I wonder if you guys in america have a nice shot where I could get those things?

Thx for the help!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 21-07-2014, 19:07:47 »
Firstly, you do not need any such cuff title.  The cufftitles were only for regiments that existed pre-war, and were only worn on the dress uniform.

And by Corporal epaulettes do you mean Unterjager boards?  Firstly, know your German ranks, Unteroffizer is an NCO rank and therefore a Sergeant by US army standards, and only a Corporal by British army standards (the British army corporal is the equivalent of the US Army sergeant).  For shoulderboards, get them here:

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=guilwncosb

You would also need collar tresse going around the entire edge of the fliegerbluse's collar, plus single gull collar tabs.

Offline GuinNess

• Member of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 21-07-2014, 19:07:40 »
Firstly, you do not need any such cuff title.  The cufftitles were only for regiments that existed pre-war, and were only worn on the dress uniform.

And by Corporal epaulettes do you mean Unterjager boards?  Firstly, know your German ranks, Unteroffizer is an NCO rank and therefore a Sergeant by US army standards, and only a Corporal by British army standards (the British army corporal is the equivalent of the US Army sergeant).  For shoulderboards, get them here:

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=guilwncosb

You would also need collar tresse going around the entire edge of the fliegerbluse's collar, plus single gull collar tabs.

Thanks, I'm still in the first stage of german reenacting, I started with US. German ranks are a bit complicated comparing to US ranks.

Yes I want to do the Unteroffizier and I already have the single collar tabs. The collar thresse i can get here in Luxembourg.

Thank you VonMudra!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 21-07-2014, 20:07:49 »
Good good, and glad you posted here so I could save you the search for a cufftitle that doesn't exist and that you don't even need. ;)  If you need any more help feel free to ask. :)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 22-07-2014, 23:07:49 »
Does anyone know a decent vendor for .455 Webley calibre ammunition? Bullets would be fine, too. I have, however, still not given up hopes that I will be spared the hassle of re-loading.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 31-08-2014, 05:08:03 »
Fellas,

Did my first bit of reenacting today :) Joined up with the USS Alabama Living History Crew in Mobile, Alabama. We crew the lovely BB-60, a South Dakota class battleship. Today was incredible, spoke with a number of other folks as passionate as I am about naval history, fished an old pair of dungarees out of the supply area in the deep bowels of the ship and put them on (owned by a crew member, they were dirty, wrinkled, likely hasn't been touched in 50 years. I loved it :) ), was issued a helmet and a kapok life jacket. We had about 25 folks from the living history crew, a group of 8 or so marine re-enactors, and another 30 Sea Scouts who helped out. It was so much damn fun!!!

AND... We simulated a freaking air attack against the ship... Which was holyzomgwhatthehellidontevenknowwhattodowithmyselfzorz amazing beyond words...

A pair of Yak-52s painted rising sun "meatballs" on their wings and fuselage and made three simulated attack runs against the ship!!! They flew in incredibly low and aggressivly, real intense! One pass was a strafing run from the stern, and the other two were simulated torpedo runs against the starboard side of the ship.

General quarters was sounded, and everyone ran to their battle stations. I took the position of a loader on one of the stern quad 40mm mounts. Our gun captain had an original "talker" setup with the big ol helmet and everything. We loaded the guns with a single clip of 40mm shells (had to pretend we had more so instead just passed that one around a few times). We were yelling out "HERE THEY COME!" as the planes made their passes, rising sun markings right in our faces. Simulated training the gun mount on them, ducking as they flew over. The marines had a handful of M1 Garands they loaded up with blanks and shot away from the planes from a 20mm gun gallery (which was AWESOME to have the pops of the .30-06s adding to the din of the aircraft motors and our gun crews yelling. Really added to the atmosphere of... well chaos).

We simulated a crew member getting hit at our gun mount. Yelled "corpsman!" yanked him off the mount and a litter crew came and took him away. Then we reshuffled to fill his position (awesome). On another pass our gun was "hit" we all yelled "Fire!!!" abandoned the mount then a damage control crew came over with a fire hose and sprayed the mount down (awesome). But the coolest thing about the day was on the final pass the planes released smoke, simulating they were hit and the entire damn ship (reenactors and public) started cheering and jumping "We got him! We got him!" Adrenaline was (and still is) flowing, hair was standing up on the back of my neck, it was just GAHHHHHHH AWESOME!!!!!!

So I wrote all this in one take. Probably makes barely any sense, or appears to have been written by a five year old on Christmas morning. Still too amped up to go back and proofread :) (Edit: I did proofread...)

Here's a couple pictures I took of my setup. Don't have any action shots, I was too busy jamming 40mm shells into the gun to take pictures ;)

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 02-09-2014, 01:09:02 »
Here's a pic of the air attack :) (I'm the second guy from the left)

I mean seriously, HOW COOL IS THIS?!?!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 24-01-2015, 19:01:12 »
I have become a kubeldriver these days, getting the manual and so on to read up on it so this will be great fun!

Now, no one wants to dirty up our dear uniforms in grease and oil, what alternatives have i got for a german mechanic impression? now, this is just for the impressions sake and for me not to wear modern clothing, just because i dont want to.

I am having a hard time finding pictures of a german workshop in the field, i assume they used jumpsuits of some kind like the luftwaffe at these workshops? be it factory or in the field, or is my assumption completly off the scale?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 30-01-2015, 16:01:35 »
Some people expressed their interest, here are my two vehicles for re-enactment. Recently joined a group in sweden outside of Göteborg. The VW is still under construction. (Yeah i know the side windows are way to big. no big deal.)

I am allso kubelwagen driver in sweden.

« Last Edit: 30-01-2015, 16:01:40 by sn00x »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: 14-06-2015, 16:06:01 »
A photo of my Jager unit last weekend.  For once we were only outnumbered about 2 to 1 by the GIs, instead of 4 to 1  ;D.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 14-06-2015, 16:06:09 »
Really like the MG42 guy. Kinda give friendly atmosphere among the serious bunch.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 14-06-2015, 16:06:44 »
Really like the MG42 guy. Kinda give friendly atmosphere among the serious bunch.
Me too!
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 14-06-2015, 17:06:09 »
I see you are wearing the same uniform so i guess those are reproduction.
Is it possible to know how much cost a uniform without equipement ? (and  how much it cost to portray a soldier ?).

I sometimes wonder because sometimes you see units without the same version of outfit (maybe that's specific to France) and i don't understand why the units don't buy the uniforms for its member (of course the member would pay it).

thx !

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 14-06-2015, 20:06:09 »
I see you are wearing the same uniform so i guess those are reproduction.
Is it possible to know how much cost a uniform without equipement ? (and  how much it cost to portray a soldier ?).

I sometimes wonder because sometimes you see units without the same version of outfit (maybe that's specific to France) and i don't understand why the units don't buy the uniforms for its member (of course the member would pay it).

thx !
Yes, the tunics, smocks, trousers, etc. are all repro.  Gas cannisters and other various knick knacks are largely original.  I've seen units here in the States with mis-matched uniforms too, it's mostly down to the strictness of the unit.  Our German unit is focused on authenticity and so we try our best to look right - not everyone does and even then everyone still makes mistakes sometimes. 

Trying to get into reenacting haha?  There's some excellent units I've seen in France.  Cost varies from impression to impression but the German one is a bit costlier - about $1,000 roughly, at this point.  Some spend less, many spend more.