Author Topic: The Great Firearms-Thread  (Read 35197 times)

Offline Leibermuster

• View Profile
Re: The Great Firearms-Thread
« Reply #420 on: 30-11-2014, 20:11:30 »
For those of you who love the Springfield M1903, here's a book that goes into quite deep detail on the manufacturing of it, going as far as showing dimension drawings!

https://ia902205.us.archive.org/10/items/unitedstatesrifl00colvrich/unitedstatesrifl00colvrich.pdf

Wish there was a book similar to this available for the Gew/Kar98

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 11-12-2014, 12:12:13 »
Look at this classic beauty, dont you love the improvments they did,

http://youtu.be/46GCbH76XUY

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 11-12-2014, 23:12:08 »
Probably not an original at all.  There's a few guys making working semi-auto reproductions of them, they go for around 10,000 last time I checked.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 12-12-2014, 10:12:15 »
Somewhat related ;)

WHY YOU WANT RAIL FOR KALASHNIKOV? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH ARMY OF RUSSIA! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, TRADE STORY OF MANY WEAPONS DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF SCHOOL FOR ENGINEERING!

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN WEAPON IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE RUSSIAN RIFLE, THINK IT NEED CRAZY SHIT STICK ON ALL SIDES OF WEAPON. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP FLASHLIGHT OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD SCOPE OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE, YOU PUT FRONT PISTOL GRIP ON BOTTOM SO YOU ARE LIKE AMERICAN MOVIE GUY JOHN RAMBO. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX DILDO ON TOP TO FUCK YOURSELF IN ASSHOLE FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF RIFLE OF MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, NO?

RIFLE IS FINE. YOU FUCK IT, IT ONLY GET HEAVY AND YOU STILL NO HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. GO TO FIRING RANGE, PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE OF CARTRIDGE. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB SHIT PUT ON SIDE OF RIFLE.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 12-12-2014, 18:12:46 »
Probably not an original at all.  There's a few guys making working semi-auto reproductions of them, they go for around 10,000 last time I checked.

Ofcourse not, that would be the worst idea ever, in September one of the second model got sold for 260 000 dollars. They are quite pricy to mess up.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #425 on: 13-12-2014, 19:12:57 »
At the end of the video they confirm it's a guy making these reproductions and he's now testing the market for these modernized versions.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 18-12-2014, 01:12:24 »
I've got a short shooting vid for you all ... this was back in August when me and some friends took out our rifles and decided to shoot them in salvos :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLBYdGptHos&list=UUQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 04-01-2015, 01:01:34 »
Correct, They could get the scopes in the field (ZF4 or ZF41) but it is doubdfull they could get the scope mounts for the weapon.

According to army tests the MP 43 was good for sniping upto 600m, but according to airforce tests that was only 300 meters and thus optics where deemed not necessary. (please note that the army made this series of weapons, but the airforce tested them also to see if it was better then the FG42, it was not so they did not adopt it at that time)

Snoox, is it funny that you point out one of the positive points according to official airforce tests as a negative one. I will quote a book for this one.

Turned out to be a funny discussion anyway.

Now if you reread what i wrote, it says nothing about support, singleshot or auto.
What it Does say, that its dreadfull.

I and many more have a hard time getting a good sight picture, you dont get good cover while proning, its uncomfortable. It truly is what it is, an assault rifle. Not really designed for proning.

And how many times havnt such tests said this and that, and the users in the field dont agree even the bit?

Now i am not saying "everybody hates that long mag", but such a statement is user based and cannot be argumented against with some test notes :)

Either the users of the short mag didnt like the longer ones, or they made them shorter for practical reasons. Who knows?
« Last Edit: 04-01-2015, 01:01:23 by sn00x »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 04-01-2015, 19:01:38 »
I am currently looking for two SMLE sling swivels without the screws from a European source. Does anyone have a pair they could part with? I also need a frog for my No. 4 bayonet. The condition on the frog does not matter as long as it is still of sound structure, in addition to that I do not care if there is any blanco still left on it.

Finally, I have an offer for our U.S. based members: I have a M1928 Thompson sub-machinegun with one thirty round magazine and one fifty-round drum magazine, a hard-case and a violin case fitted to the weapon for sale for USD 1.500,00. It is one of the new semi-automatic Auto-Ordnance made specimen with a 16,5 inch barrel, meaning that it is legally a rifle within the United States. I have put less than three hundred rounds through and have, needless to say, kept it clean and well oiled. If you are such a nice fellow and decide to get it, I shall also give you a few hundred rounds of .223 Remington as a gift to say thank-you.

I would also like to congratulate everyone for their outstanding collections - I am happy to see that there are many other people with the same hobby around here.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 16-01-2015, 04:01:20 »
While we're on the topic of looking for things, I've been on the hunt for a cleaning rod for my Gew. 88 Commission Rifle. They're really hard to find and, when they do pop up, are way over priced. Does anyone know a source for reproduction rods or reasonably priced originals? Here's the rifle btw, in case you haven't seen it:

Photo album: http://imgur.com/a/YgBlc#4

« Last Edit: 16-01-2015, 04:01:55 by Hockeywarrior »

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 16-01-2015, 18:01:51 »
Neat rifle, i also have one like that.

A few days ago i went to shoot my Berthier 1892 Carbine... It was insane to say the least. The kick wasn't that bad for its size, but the sound was a really low bang. and the muzzle flash was a meter long even with reduced Prvi loads. My brass also expanded quite a bit.

I have no idea if this is normal, it wasn't like i expected. I am also not really used to this rifle.

Please don't mind my trigger finger and wigling. i decided to let my dad (worst camera man ever) film it and it was the first time that i shot it. Stress levels where high since it had been really thoroughly inspected, but not test fired since i have it. It made a 8cm group at 25 meters.

http://youtu.be/-IA-qTwfJ5s

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 18-01-2015, 16:01:54 »
If infantry was to assault an enemy position and needed to have anti-tank capabilities and took some Panzerfausts with them, how would they carry them since I've never seen any type of sling attachments on them?
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 18-01-2015, 17:01:20 »
If infantry was to assault an enemy position and needed to have anti-tank capabilities and took some Panzerfausts with them, how would they carry them since I've never seen any type of sling attachments on them?

Don't really know but my guess is designated riflemen who have their rifles on their backs and panzerfausts in their hands.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 18-01-2015, 20:01:44 »
Like this:

or this:

or this:

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 18-01-2015, 22:01:38 »
Or this:

He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.