Author Topic: [FH2] Squadleader tactics  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
[FH2] Squadleader tactics
« on: 25-01-2011, 09:01:43 »
I've noticed that such thread is missing. I'd like to open it with a playful test. ;D

Question #1:
You've been surprisingly become squadleader of your squad while sitting in a static gun/airplane at base, what do you do first?

A: I do not care and keep manning my gun.
B: I transfer the lead to a squadmate by leaving and rejoining the squad.

Question #2:
As a squadleader, what are your first meassurements?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and run at the enemy.
B: I check where the majority of my squadmates are and try to join/reach their position.

Question #3:
At mapstart you find yourself surrounded by your squadmates, eagerly looking at you. What do you do?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and run ahead, leading them into combat.
B: I give an order to move/attack and follow my men at last.

Question #4:
While moving at the enemy position all of your men have been killed in an ambush. What do you do?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and revenge my dead men with a direct assault moving over their dead bodies on the enemy position.
B: I fall back into a covered position and wait for my squadmates to respawn.

Question #5:
You find yourself attacked by an enemy squad on a flag. Your men are scattered all over the map. What do you do?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and deal with the squad all alone.
B: I hide in the next house, and order my men to spawn on me in order to repel the attack.

Question #6:
After an successive assault on a heavily fortified position, what do you do next?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and run at the next enemy flag, for my men to follow.
B: I order men men to hold the position for a moment while I spy out enemy positions and close in to the next flag.

In almost all cases B will be the smarter choice. As a squadleader your strength is to gather your men by letting them spawn on you. Thus you should not die right away. Of course your men will only spawn on you, when you offer a good position close to the enemy or the flag/objective. A squadleader sitting in base or far away from flags is no use at all. The trick is to find spots where you can provide a safe spawn for your men, that are nevertheless only a few steps away from combat. A position is good, when it is closer to the flag than the enemy spawns are. That will grant your men a time bonus over the enemy each respawn.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [FH2] Squadleader tactics
« Reply #1 on: 25-01-2011, 11:01:31 »
Oh snap I had mostly A's  ;D

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Raijin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-01-2011, 12:01:01 »
Isn't "ATTACK" the rigth answer to all of it? It normally works for me because the enemy get caught by surprise of my direct attacking way. Like in Cobra. Just try to rush through mid. Nobody would expect THAT.

Oh and I'd like to have a different answer to 1), 2) and 3)

To: 1) You get out of the At-gun, look for an APC, pick up your men and get them to the front.

2) I look for the most important flag and position me there and use VOIP to call my team to the flag.

If YOU as a SL start looking for your team it will be a futile action because in most maps they will be scattered over the whole place.

And to 3)
Lead by example. If you don't go in first your members will most likely stay behind and wait for something to happen. Or you just yell at them via VOIP. maybe then they will move their fat asses.

And never underestimate the power of an APC. Especially on maps with few Tanks or small towns they are gold for surpressing the enemy. Most people use them just as a method to not have to walk. But well positioned they can wreak havoc on the enemy.
« Last Edit: 25-01-2011, 12:01:55 by Raijin »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-01-2011, 22:01:10 »
Hehe, fun read. I really liked the
I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and run at the enemy.
Can somebody please make a funny movie out of this thread? Something with WRONG and then the
I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and run at the enemy.
scene. Would be great  ;D

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-01-2011, 00:01:18 »

Question #1:
You've been surprisingly become squadleader of your squad while sitting in a static gun/airplane at base, what do you do first?

Question #2:

B: I check where the majority of my squadmates are and try to join/reach their position.

Question #3:
At mapstart you find yourself surrounded by your squadmates, eagerly looking at you. What do you do?

B: I give an order to move/attack and follow my men at last. (This varies, could be a bit more complicated, I often do not lead from the front though, I want to be a spawn point)

Question #4:
While moving at the enemy position all of your men have been killed in an ambush. What do you do?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and revenge my dead men with a direct assault moving over their dead bodies on the enemy position.
(Yes, I run like a b****)

Question #5:
You find yourself attacked by an enemy squad on a flag. Your men are scattered all over the map. What do you do?

B: I hide in the next house, and order my men to spawn on me in order to repel the attack.

Question #6:
After an successive assault on a heavily fortified position, what do you do next?

A: I shout 'Attack, Attack!' and run at the next enemy flag, for my men to follow.
B: I order men men to hold the position for a moment while I spy out enemy positions and close in to the next flag.

*answers in red

If only I played Squadlead more often..Though I haven't played FH2 in awhile, I still remember a few things.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-01-2011, 14:01:31 »
I think B obviously is the best answers, though sometimes i would add some alternatives myself

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-01-2011, 16:01:54 »
Answered A to all of those except No 1.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Rumia

• Apparitions Stalk the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-01-2011, 18:01:08 »
B =  red army commissar ::)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29-01-2011, 03:01:35 »
Mostly A

Because many players wont just follow orders, sometimes i tried to do B examples and i got replies like "Fuck it SL, this is boring" "sl ur doin nothin" "dude lets move"

Unless general gameplay speed is changed, then i will start using B options more often. Since gameplay is too fast, well i think its all about attack attack, respawn attack.

Offline Moreke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-01-2011, 10:01:31 »
I'm all B, but sometimes it's ok to get yourself killed even though your squad loses their spawn for awhile.

I hate it when people join your squad and start intructing the squad leader on what to do. Imagine you're quite altruistically providing the squad with a great spawn and just holding that position. Then your squad members start shouting at you to "STAY HERE!" and "DON'T MOVE!". You know, in such situations I often can't resist the urge to abandon my spot and just go for a killing spree, which usually ends in my death. I do it just to piss off my squadmates. The squad leader is the one in charge - if he is doing his job, the squad members should be very careful of telling him what to do.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-01-2011, 03:01:08 »
I'm B in most cases, but when I do SL and I'm not doing MG, I tend to lead by example and from the front.  Get killed a lot, but it also gets the rest of the squad to keep moving up and not get bogged down.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-02-2011, 23:02:23 »
I like Q.6 answer A, as I'll try to pick them off one by one till reinforcements arrive. Of course, I try not to make too much noise with the shouting for dear help part.

Offline Sarry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16-02-2011, 00:02:27 »
I've noticed that such thread is missing. I'd like to open it with a playful test. ;D

Question #1:

Question #2:

Question #3:

B: I give an order to move/attack and follow my men at last.

Question #4:

Question #5:

Question #6:

In almost all cases B will be the smarter choice. As a squadleader your strength is to gather your men by letting them spawn on you. Thus you should not die right away. Of course your men will only spawn on you, when you offer a good position close to the enemy or the flag/objective. A squadleader sitting in base or far away from flags is no use at all. The trick is to find spots where you can provide a safe spawn for your men, that are nevertheless only a few steps away from combat. A position is good, when it is closer to the flag than the enemy spawns are. That will grant your men a time bonus over the enemy each respawn.

I see, no wonder I was a bit bad at squad leading. I was doing what the A) options were saying.
 :-[