Poll

Wich one do you like more?

Old
66 (79.5%)
New (current one)
17 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: 09-07-2010, 10:07:30

Author Topic: Plane Physics: Old or new?  (Read 9199 times)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Re: Plane Physics: Old or new?
« Reply #15 on: 05-07-2010, 12:07:18 »
Same here,

Flying feels cartoonish and is way too easy. I'm mostly a groundhog, I think that making flying somewhat more difficult again will also make it harder to hit targets on the ground. Right now often when an airplane sees you, you're dead no matter who's in it. Not a lot of 'chance' there ;)

Unless you are on the same team and flying low and Dnarag1M decides to put an AT round through your nose.

It's all about 'what' plane for me,... lets be honest, I'm an amazing pilot, probably the best,... ok I hear you, I am the best.  If I am German and get a FW190 or BF109 then really it's time to retire RAF or go back to the forums and post another thread about plane physics being nerfed.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-07-2010, 13:07:39 »
It's all about 'what' plane for me,... lets be honest, I'm an amazing pilot, probably the best,... ok I hear you, I am the best.  If I am German and get a FW190 or BF109 then really it's time to retire RAF or go back to the forums and post another thread about plane physics being nerfed.

That's exactly what happened a few days ago when I grabbed a FW190 on Totalize. I flew half of the map without being shot down, spreading death in allied ranks.  :D

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-07-2010, 02:07:39 »
With the FW190 i was able to let the other guy on my six,Evade him and then shoot him down...And i use planes only for teh lulz every now and then...Meaning i suck.So something is fishy if i can get a kill with it.

Offline Forlorn_Hope

• The 3rd Canadian Expeditionary Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-07-2010, 02:07:44 »
Yeah, I am not at all a great pilot, but after the update, flying felt more like just driving a regular tank now. Everything is so maneuverable and so easy to control, giving more feeling of an arcade flyer like Blazing Angels.
3rdCEF Steele_Xia

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-07-2010, 09:07:21 »
I like the new ones more because they give us sucky pilots a chance.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06-07-2010, 09:07:26 »
I like the new ones more because they give us sucky pilots a chance.
Go to local servers and learn to fly. Then it would actually look like flying also rather than hovercrafting.

Flying in vanilla is harder, it was actually harder to fly in vanilla than it was in 2.15. Flying should be harder in my opinion than it was in 2.15.
« Last Edit: 06-07-2010, 09:07:23 by Paavopesusieni »

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #21 on: 06-07-2010, 11:07:16 »
Same here,

Flying feels cartoonish and is way too easy. I'm mostly a groundhog, I think that making flying somewhat more difficult again will also make it harder to hit targets on the ground. Right now often when an airplane sees you, you're dead no matter who's in it. Not a lot of 'chance' there ;)

Unless you are on the same team and flying low and Dnarag1M decides to put an AT round through your nose.

Nah the only thing you do is forcing me to crash my stuka by flying low at the same time i'm refilling the bombs :P ass

Andmy opinion in this matter, the shaky thing from the older versions should come beck! And the planes should be faster, looks very bad when a plane is driving in like 20km/h and then accelerates away... bad bad.
« Last Edit: 06-07-2010, 11:07:19 by elander »

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06-07-2010, 12:07:31 »
@Paavo

You don't really learn much dogfighting or bombing when playing against bots. And when you try to learn flying in an actual server people will say "don't fly if you don't know how to". So there's no real way to actually practice.

FH2 is not a simulator, it's a fast action game. If you hop in to vehicle of any kind, you should be able to master the basics in a minute.

Perhaps we should we should also make tank turrets turn as slow as in real life because it would be more realistic. Realism doesn't always equal fun.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06-07-2010, 12:07:21 »
@Paavo

FH2 is not a simulator, it's a fast action game. If you hop in to vehicle of any kind, you should be able to master the basics in a minute.

Perhaps we should we should also make tank turrets turn as slow as in real life because it would be more realistic. Realism doesn't always equal fun.

Tank turrets already turn REALLY slow on tiger and M10. Also FH is not even close to simulation and wasn't in 2.15 not even in FH42, go play IL2 then you could actually compare. Right now you can even use FH and simulator in same sentence. Also Flying right now isn't fun, too easy, you get shot down by AT guns (at least keep shooting down planes with them), no skill needed so you don't get that feel of accomplishment. FH aims for historical accuracy its not an arcade game. 6 pounder wasn't ultimate AA IIRC.

You can learn flying with bots really easily especially bombing and dogfighting is only flying. You can keep flying in servers as well who cares what others say?

With old physics everybody could learn basics right away, if you wanted to strafe everyone to death or be an ace you needed skill though, unlike now. Right now there is only basics no tactics with current plane balance and flying is really dull. Experienced pilots won't find such a deep experience as before. I really hate that flying is made noob friendly you need skill to fly if you don't want to learn don't fly, simple as that.

Offline ottozeimer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06-07-2010, 17:07:52 »

It's all about 'what' plane for me,... lets be honest, I'm an amazing pilot, probably the best,... ok I hear you, I am the best.  

Lol, you made my day Von :) English humour at it's best.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #25 on: 06-07-2010, 17:07:20 »
Nah the only thing you do is forcing me to crash my stuka by flying low at the same time i'm refilling the bombs :P ass

you did appear out of nowhere, I mean literally, I know I was coming in fast - but you were not there and then 1 second later you were.  I saw it all in rear cam, I laughed so much I was coughing.  Especially because I knew you would post "who was this dickhead in 109?" and then you did! lol.

Lol, you made my day Von English humour at it's best.

Hah! Glad you can see it for that, I'm not really bragging, shit, I've hit so many trees and telegraph poles I won the war on static objects.  i do appreciate good enemy pilots thuough, a few are starting to shine, if we can only teach them not to fly in circles over and over, boring!

HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #26 on: 07-07-2010, 01:07:36 »

you did appear out of nowhere, I mean literally, I know I was coming in fast - but you were not there and then 1 second later you were.  I saw it all in rear cam, I laughed so much I was coughing.  Especially because I knew you would post "who was this dickhead in 109?" and then you did! lol.

Haha yeah! I tried to be serious and angry :p but I couldn't lmao. The situation was just hillarious haha!

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

azreal

« Reply #27 on: 07-07-2010, 01:07:30 »
The physics were changed so it was more "user friendly" and because people were complaining that it was too difficult. In my opinion, flying a plane shouldn't be something you're good at instantly. It is a skill that should be developed and require practice.

100% agree. Just like tanks, it should take skill to get good at things. You shouldn't be able to just jump in a Sherman tank and instantly wtf-pwn a Tiger II to the front.

EDIT: We also need gravity....these 0-G climbs until you reach the moon are just annoying.
« Last Edit: 07-07-2010, 01:07:27 by azreal »

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-07-2010, 10:07:56 »
The physics were changed so it was more "user friendly" and because people were complaining that it was too difficult. In my opinion, flying a plane shouldn't be something you're good at instantly. It is a skill that should be developed and require practice.

100% agree. Just like tanks, it should take skill to get good at things. You shouldn't be able to just jump in a Sherman tank and instantly wtf-pwn a Tiger II to the front.

EDIT: We also need gravity....these 0-G climbs until you reach the moon are just annoying.
I agree with Josh too.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08-07-2010, 08:07:36 »
..... if we can only teach them not to fly in circles over and over, boring!

When that (if ever) happens we can start making some serious FH2 filming.