Author Topic: Lack of spread with MG's is a problem that needs fixing  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
Re: Lack of spread with MG's is a problem that needs fixing
« Reply #30 on: 23-12-2014, 20:12:35 »
Sorry for the trouble flippy. This phone I have doesn't have a copy function.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23-12-2014, 20:12:32 »
Airshark79 you have zero knowledge of reallife guns, zero knowledge of coding or programming and zero knowledge of how a game engine works.

You are always saying i will try this, and i will learn that and i will do actual things for several times.

Until now its has been always forum posts with false innacurate facts or content.

If you want to be taken serious Airshark79, actually learn /  do  / ask for advice.

All that you are doing here is seeking attention. Your making a fool out of yourself.

Take my advice. Learn / try /  do  / and then post your opinion.
« Last Edit: 23-12-2014, 20:12:53 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23-12-2014, 20:12:03 »
I might not be a gun expert, but at least I know how to look up weapon specifications... So now that I have shown you up for the chump you are you suddenly change the topic from realism to gameplay. OK good move, since I can tell you the realism route is a battle you will lose everytime and not only against me, but against any FH2 dev you ask. Because we take this stuff seriously and research it.
About the Flak: This is a gun that needs to be able to hit planes that are kilometres away: what do you think how accurate it is?

To explain it again: FH2 weapons are all less accurate than irl, simply because combat distances ingame are usually a lot smaller. Most tank gun stats are reduced by half for instance, although I am not 100% sure. Tank battles did not look like in "Fury", with tanks circling each other etc... it was mostly tank sniping at each other over hundreds of metres. The same is true with machine guns. Generally speaking, modern weapons (past the musket era) are way more accurate than the people wielding them. Misses are not caused by weapon inaccuracy, but by people not aiming properly or not being able to control the recoil. The same is true in FH2. You claim weapons are 100% accurate, yet if you look at people's stats on rifle accuracy for instance, the number is much, much lower.
The vBF2 weapon system with it's huge deviation is catered to retards, it removes skill from the equation completely. That being said, in FH2 aiming skill is very secondary, the true skill is hiding, especially for infantry, as in any modern war.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-12-2014, 21:12:21 »
Randoom. I have a history of environment design, and ts himself knows a portion of my prowess, from the application I've sent from the ~20 hour project of mine(undergrowth is complete btw), which they refused because they didn't want a siegfried line, the only map I'd actually have time to complete(Or they simply just hate me). I simply don't have the time onscreen. It wasn't for no reason I didn't join the fh camp battles. I only managed to get myself 6 hours in the whole of december and around 15 in november, and believe me I am trying to get as much of it as possible. I want to get 2 maps, one of which is at %60 state, and a damage model minimod done by summer. This is simply dead time for me with my phone so I don't really have an issue about doing this.

I'll respond in an hour ts.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23-12-2014, 21:12:39 »
The map you sent us pictures from looked like something they would make in PR, a big landscape created in terragen or worldmachine with flags sprinkled over it at random. There was no design document or historical background, just a bunch of screenshots of a map one can make for a tournament in an evening. Obviously, nobody was impressed.
And yes, it is also because we don't like to. You said very clearly (and in a very condescending manner) several times that you don't like FH2 gameplay, so why would we want you in the team?
« Last Edit: 24-12-2014, 03:12:35 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23-12-2014, 21:12:13 »
Terragen? Don't be a , I'd never dare to show up with some random pretty pics. The map is a 128 player 7 flag layout crafted on WM. Do you deem fields of photoshop and houses sprinkled according to wikipedia worthy of  proper assessment? That's just %25 of the job and if you overlook the difference I've made with the detailed terrain quality, texture and lighting shame on you.

You also miss one point, the map at that state was a work of 15-20 hours. A tournament guy can do it in an evening is not really far from truth, but I've intended to have shown there is not much can top me around this community.
« Last Edit: 23-12-2014, 21:12:07 by Airshark79 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23-12-2014, 22:12:58 »
I can't really add anything more to the conversation that Ts4EVER has not already said, but as a firearms expert who has fired most German small arms (up to 37mm actually, so not too small), I can say that the weapon accuracies ingame are very much correct.  Machine guns are generally more accurate than rifles due to the inherent weight and support manner (bipods, tripods, etc).  The MG34/42 on their lafette system, with scope, were extremely accurate and capable of hitting individual targets out to 2000 yards and mass targets/area suppression out to 3000 yards or so.  The ranges in BF2 are about 400yards with the fog distance, so basically any combat you experience ingame is pointblank with WW2 era weaponry.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23-12-2014, 23:12:54 »
I will visualize the problem I've noticed with a video. 0.2 in theory isn't that much of a shitty number, I started out the conversation with assuming the value is at an absolute 0, because it felt like so.

Anyway.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24-12-2014, 12:12:38 »
No need to make any videos, it boils down to you not liking the deadliness of FH2 weapons anyway.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24-12-2014, 12:12:26 »
I really did see the gun hitting the same spot about 8-9 times in a row at the range of 75 meters and the aim really depends on the quality of my mouse(5 of them in the last three years)

I had a good reason to claim the gun would hit the pixel you aimed at, I will test for myself and make a video if what I witnessed is a reality.

The ttk is a macro concern and believe me I play your game too little to really take the effort to get you to change it. I will get myself some time, prepare the minimod, if it's any better than the mess you have it'll show.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24-12-2014, 12:12:35 »
The fact that I played this game with 1366x768 for more than a year also was a central point in my impression.
« Last Edit: 24-12-2014, 12:12:54 by Airshark79 »

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24-12-2014, 15:12:07 »
I can't really add anything more to the conversation that Ts4EVER has not already said, but as a firearms expert who has fired most German small arms (up to 37mm actually, so not too small), I can say that the weapon accuracies ingame are very much correct.  Machine guns are generally more accurate than rifles due to the inherent weight and support manner (bipods, tripods, etc).  The MG34/42 on their lafette system, with scope, were extremely accurate and capable of hitting individual targets out to 2000 yards and mass targets/area suppression out to 3000 yards or so.  The ranges in BF2 are about 400yards with the fog distance, so basically any combat you experience ingame is pointblank with WW2 era weaponry.

The gun expert has spoken

Seriously, move on...
« Last Edit: 24-12-2014, 16:12:21 by Roughbeak »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24-12-2014, 16:12:23 »
Oh here's an unnecessary hostile post

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24-12-2014, 16:12:06 »
I seriously don't know what game you are playing. Sorry, but it seems you a replying to someone adding subtle guilt to everyone who doesn't agree with you.
It looks like you didn't even pay attention to Ts4's codes awhile back or even Mudra's post.

Oh here's an unnecessary hostile post

Well? Sorry then. Here again, you are adding subtle guilt; which you cannot even accept what I or others said.

Then again, this thread is going further than needed. What is your end goal here? FH2 is awesome the way it is.

You are just changing the mod the way you want it to be.

I'm out 8)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24-12-2014, 16:12:33 »
I really did see the gun hitting the same spot about 8-9 times in a row at the range of 75 meters and the aim really depends on the quality of my mouse(5 of them in the last three years) .

With WWII era weaponry firing a rifle caliber, 75 yards might as well be putting the nuzzle right onto the target.  It is PAST pointblank.  WWII era rifles and MGs were made to be relatively easy to hit any target you see with training.  And so it is in FH2.