Author Topic: Flags  (Read 758 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Flags
« on: 15-08-2013, 01:08:12 »
I have an idea for flags on some maps.  I don't know if it can be done, but lets say there are five flags in a row between two forces.  Would it be possible to make it so that the flags have to be captured in order from the outside in, like push mode, with a difference being that although you can capture the three inside flags before the outside, you can't spawn at them until you have the flag on the outside captured.  This way the battle has more of a flow and not people running all over the maps and capturing random flags.  This may be hard to understand, I can't explain it very well.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Re: Flags
« Reply #1 on: 15-08-2013, 01:08:55 »
Theres a push mode for that though  :-\

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-08-2013, 18:08:20 »
He probably means Project Reality-style one-by-one. Not FH2-Full-front push.
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-08-2013, 20:08:27 »
I understood him correctly I believe, though my lengthy explanation must not have gone through a week ago. Anyway, here's a diagram I just made quickly.

When I say "can always be spawn on" I mean the team that holds the flag. This flag capture mode is sort of like forcing players to flank the center of a battle.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-08-2013, 18:08:54 »
I just think it would be more realistic, sure you can take that flag behind enemy lines, but can you hold it?  This happens in war, a unit captures an area, then holds until re-enforcments arrive they just dont start poping out of the wood work.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-08-2013, 21:08:40 »
I just think it would be more realistic, sure you can take that flag behind enemy lines, but can you hold it?  This happens in war, a unit captures an area, then holds until re-enforcments arrive they just dont start poping out of the wood work.

Well holding doesn't really work in FH2... Unless you keep your SL hidden somewhere and just keep popping out of thin air... Think of FH2 flag capping as a battle of two armies of ants, the army which can keep their stream of ants going towards the flag is the army that usually gets the flag in the end...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...