Author Topic: FH2 Depth of Field blur and overall darkness  (Read 860 times)

Offline PARTAGAS

• View Profile
FH2 Depth of Field blur and overall darkness
« on: 20-02-2019, 17:02:52 »
Installed FH2 today after a long abscence and noticed the game is very dark and muddy looking, the vignette / dark border around the screen doesn't help this feeling.

Also the DOF blur in ironsight mode is also quite strong - can DOF/Vignette be disabled via some config edits?

Offline OmBuStMaN

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Depth of Field blur and overall darkness
« Reply #1 on: 28-04-2019, 05:04:22 »
Put terrain setting to low. It removes film grains and dark edges.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-04-2019, 22:04:16 »
Don't set it to low.  Just one level less than you have it.  Medium perhaps.  Low removes other things that you may want or your opponents want you to have ;).

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-04-2019, 00:04:15 »
This is from February in case you both missed it and as far as I remember, this issue was sorted on Discord some time ago already. Corrupted video settings (setting some stuff like textures to low automatically even if they were all set to high in game options) were the issue, making game "very dark and muddy looking".

In case someone else will have this problem, to fix it you need to set everything to low, start your game, load a random map, then quit, set your desired settings back and restart the game. It will overwrite corrupted files.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-04-2019, 06:04:59 »
I'm more concerned about a top-killer using low settings.  I don't care if FART GAS fixed his problem or not.