Author Topic: A question regarding 2.45  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
Re: A question regarding 2.45
« Reply #30 on: 14-03-2012, 14:03:29 »
All this luttich discussion could have been somewhat useful if it was in its own thread at the map feedback forum.

We cant really help it Flippy, the discussion was started to find out if there were map balance changes in 2.45, and it naturally developed into a focused discussion on one of the maps. Is there a way to copy the relevant posts in this thread into a new one in the map feedback forum?

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14-03-2012, 16:03:09 »
Yeah the discussion driften "a little" off, but Knoffhoff brought it back on track and gave answers to the initial questions. so we're all happy I guess.

And regarding the map feedback section, it is just not visited by enough people and therefore does not lead to fruitful discussions. I mentioned my issues with Luttich there a couple of months (iirc) ago, yet no reaction and no reaction..

Cheerio!

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-03-2012, 18:03:51 »
I just played a lüttich round as american, and i have to agree! impossible to win, we lost by 150 tickets though we held most of flags most of the time..did anything change with the ticketbleed at last patch? cause i really don't rember it like that

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-03-2012, 12:03:44 »
Most maps are quiet good balanced, though there are some problem cases. I don't want to have perfectly balanced maps, but you should be able to win a map with the given possibility on both sides -> this is the goal of the game. On some maps this isn't possible even with the best team against the most crappiest team.

Best example is Tunis. It is impossible to win on Axis side on a ful server. I won 2 times so far in the time of 2.4 and I played a lot and these victories happened on almost empty servers. General problem on this map is the ticket bleed itself and the speed of the bleed. Same goes for PeB, where it is almost impossible to win on axis side caused by not fitting bleed speed and some problems with the pushmode. "Wiederstandsnest 57" could be capped much too early in the game and after recaping certain flags the pushmode seems like a mess and not like a progressive battle. Though the environment and design of the map is just beautyful and I realy like to play the map. Ramelle has too many tickets and the ticket bleed on the german side stops too early and is too low.

The Bulge maps seem all to be quiet good, Bastogne gets it's tweaks for the next patch and Eppeldorf the needed M36 for the American team. And with some tweaks of the angle mod and damage system maps like Op. Aberdeen and Supercharge can be real fun on both sides. It is not all about these statistics and the interpretation of them, but a team should atleast have the possibility to win a battle with the given assets.
Luttich for example is a quiet good balanced map. Both sides have enough possibilties to win the map. A StuG can be taken out with a single Bazooka, same goes for the PZIV and the Puma. On this map it is more a matter of teamplay.