Author Topic: Conspiracies Thread Mk II  (Read 246178 times)

0utlaw

Re: Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« Reply #885 on: 01-02-2013, 23:02:13 »
Yeah then you can sit on your server alone and marvel at the maps. Outside of events custom maps usually have little shelf life.

Well with that type of mindset and attitude, yes... i would agree. However, all one would really need to do is gather the better custom maps mixed on a server with the more popular fh2 maps. Then have players interested enough to download those custom maps. Although WaW does events and during the campaigns use a private server, i have yet to play much of, if any of the standard Fh2 maps over there. Yet every custom map battle is a blast. It is possible, although highly improbable.
« Last Edit: 02-02-2013, 00:02:12 by 0utlaw »

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 01-02-2013, 23:02:35 »
Olympus was a custom map....

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 01-02-2013, 23:02:01 »
Yeah, I've seen so little amount of custom maps actually be played publicly (which is Stonne, Warsaw Uprising, tournament maps) and thats what makes SP for custom maps so important to me.

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 02-02-2013, 02:02:08 »
If custom maps were good enough people would download them and play as regulars if any popular server would only have them in its rotation. Unfortunately, most of them isn't good enough so I can't understand all this bitching about implementing them.

Really? So please answer me, did that happen with the custom maps that were officialy implemented in the mod? Did people play it as regulars in the servers BEFORE they were implemented?

FH2 devs gotta be more open minded... It is just like that guy that suggested to change the Menu FH2 video to another one, and a dev/beta tester said the movie sucked and it would give false propaganda to the players cause it had ships, did he ever dared to look at the CURRENT fh2 menu video that has submarines, ships, strategic bombers...

The Stonne map for instance is great, and with just a little optimization it would be FH2 dev standards i think. Warsaw uprising could use a little changes, specially to the crazy house placement.
« Last Edit: 02-02-2013, 02:02:07 by Wulfburk »

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 02-02-2013, 03:02:42 »
 The problem is with the Dev team and not the players.

We are far more forgiving and much more open-minded than we get credit for. Outlaw's map ports kick ass, the tournament maps have some real gems and even the odd fan contribution should be inplemented.

we deserve better treatment than the verbal diarhea that we get from such mod ambassador's as Jan "bla-bla, you all suck" Kurator and his ilk.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 02-02-2013, 14:02:48 »
Some of you gonna have a bad time  ;D
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 02-02-2013, 14:02:32 »
I don't see why the devs should feel obligated to add anything. It's their mod. You make your own mod and you can add whatever maps you like...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 02-02-2013, 14:02:46 »
Yeah, I was about to write what Lightning did, also:
we deserve better treatment than the verbal diarhea that we get from such mod ambassador's as Jan "bla-bla, you all suck" Kurator and his ilk.
My PR duties covered providing you ingame screenshots of new maps and vehicles. I'm not a propaganda guy in any way so I have no reason to lie to you, hence so many "you suck" posts.

Remember one thing, if we would have so open minded devs who don't take so much care about details and high standards this mod would be dead a long time ago. It's a little bit like with religion, you know: "opened church is a church from which everyone will run away" according to one of polish sayings. If we won't stick to high standard there won't be anything special about FH2, especially when you face the fact how old this engine is and how limited it is comparing to new games.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 02-02-2013, 15:02:09 »
Have to agree on that last point, though I think there is room for leniency in some cases. There are some killer custom maps going round, in particular the Italian maps.

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 02-02-2013, 15:02:01 »
Well, we do need an Italian front in game. FH and WaW Italy-maps kick ass, although thier looks aren't as polished as in stock maps. (First bank of Libya in middle of Salerno?)
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 02-02-2013, 15:02:34 »
Adding custom maps would require the maps to have a trule amazing quality and attention to detail in order to avoid situations like mentioned by Baskabommi. It's their mod, and we should be happy about the fact that it even exists. Remember, these guys use mostly their free time and don't get paid at all for doing this. And there is a lot of pressure on the devs by the community to get shit done, so it's obvius that tensions get high. So leave the devs the fuck alone and let them work at their pace in order to keep this amazing mod in high standards.

And since it's a conspiracy thread: the devs started this flame war here just to keep us occupied because we got too close to figuring out what they're up to.

My 2 cents.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 02-02-2013, 15:02:18 »
And since it's a conspiracy thread: the devs started this flame war here just to keep us occupied because we got too close to figuring out what they're up to.

My 2 cents.

I don't think we are any close to figuring out anything.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 02-02-2013, 16:02:00 »

I don't think we are any close to figuring out anything.
one of you is dangerously close to the truth

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 02-02-2013, 17:02:39 »
Lightning is actually the ultimate Kwisatz Haderach. Discuss.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 02-02-2013, 18:02:20 »
Why not just make a simply vote. There has to be a hand full of custom maps the devs would feel are up to or close enought to their standards. Say they find 8 good maps, they allow the community to vote on 4 of them they would like added to the next release.  That way the community gets new maps, and the only work the devs would possibly have would be to do a few touch ups on the maps.  The key is TO LET THE DEVS FIND THE MAPS, AND NOT HAVE THE COMMUNITY SUGGESTING TEN THOUSAND MAPS!  This will just cause the devs to say the hell with it.