Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180049 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #420 on: 11-01-2010, 14:01:29 »
WTF? It was supposed to be a cheap ass movie with half-hearted production quality.

If only those self-righteous critics weren't giving it standing applause during the film festival, it wouldn't be shown in cinemas all around the world.

Compare that to those sooo expensive movies like GI Joe: Rise of The Cobra and Avatar.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #421 on: 11-01-2010, 16:01:40 »
Watched Sorcerer again a few days ago

Great adventure and an amazing soundtrack thanks to Tangerine Dream

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ_KXK3eNdI

Movie and soundtrack, both two forgotten classics.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 14-01-2010, 18:01:25 »
Did You Hear About The Morgans? (2010)

by Marc Lawrence, Starring Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker

It is below the line movie, which is pretty mediocre. However, quite comfortable subject to watch. It is about a typical troubled successful couple in big cities having "real trouble" with their life. So to seek for safety the government send them to pioneer's land (Wyoming), where they learn to solve their problem the "real" way.

Review for the masses:
Romantic comedy as usual. Other than that, jokes are lame if you expect big LOLs, but okay if you are into that kind of thing (romantic comedy). The story is so typical and guessable. Kinda cheap entertainment, yet so expensive because of the actor and actress.

Review for FH guys:
This is American rightist-friendly subject, conservative & religious, tough but happy life condition, gun freedom, little modern touch but not completely ignorant, something Jumjum, Oddball, Lainier would love to be a cast on it. It basically teaches those radical PETA and ignorant liberals, how to appreciate to be real American and their forgotten rights. When you watched it, you'll see, that the conservative guys are the ones who really protect and support the liberals by being conservative, and teach them some real values that they often overlooked.

I kinda love the way they portray this, until they brought certain political party to the drama joke (i think, none of Republican and Democrats are true conservatives or liberals, they are just hungry for power, and not defending their ideas).

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 15-01-2010, 05:01:41 »
Kinda preachy then?
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 15-01-2010, 13:01:36 »

Good Graphics, but otherwise its Dances with Smurfs.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 15-01-2010, 15:01:59 »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 16-01-2010, 03:01:53 »
Schindler's List

Finished watching it an hour ago.
I guess you have all seen it. Incredible touching film, seen it before though (yes I like rewatching films). I love how it's all building up, how Schindler has planned everything from the beginning (in the end "give them the cigarettes we got, which was mentioned in the beginning).
I really like Liam Neeson, and this is without a doubt his best part. When they give him a ring in the end and he reads what it says and they say "It's hebrew.. it's from the toran and means 'He who saves one life saves the whole world'". When he hears that he gets silent and then starts to nervously fiddle with the ring and drops it. At that moment, when he dropped it, a tear ran down my cheek :)
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #427 on: 16-01-2010, 19:01:48 »
A Fistful of Dollars

I think that this was generally a good film.  The music was very good and fitted the scenes well.  Lots of shooting, but also a well thought out plot.

The film that made Clint Eastwood.  The man with no name was made for Clint.

7/10
« Last Edit: 16-01-2010, 19:01:12 by Eat Uranium »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 16-01-2010, 19:01:21 »
Btw A fistful of Dollars is on youtube officially along with the sequel For a Few more Dollars :0

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 16-01-2010, 20:01:59 »
How about the third (and the best) part of the trilogy?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #430 on: 16-01-2010, 20:01:30 »
Its up but I think its missing a part (the battle at the bridge).

I will got onto those two film soon.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 16-01-2010, 20:01:32 »
Its hard to say whose best, its all brilliant movies. The best movie music aswell.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 16-01-2010, 23:01:17 »
Schindler's List

Finished watching it an hour ago.
I guess you have all seen it. Incredible touching film, seen it before though (yes I like rewatching films). I love how it's all building up, how Schindler has planned everything from the beginning (in the end "give them the cigarettes we got, which was mentioned in the beginning).
I really like Liam Neeson, and this is without a doubt his best part. When they give him a ring in the end and he reads what it says and they say "It's hebrew.. it's from the toran and means 'He who saves one life saves the whole world'". When he hears that he gets silent and then starts to nervously fiddle with the ring and drops it. At that moment, when he dropped it, a tear ran down my cheek :)

If you like movie of that setting/ambiente, you might give "Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod" / "Gloomy Sunday") a try. Quite nice of a film, I thought.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #434 on: 17-01-2010, 19:01:05 »
The Hurt Locker
 Two American soldiers in Iraq with less then a month left before they rotate back home gets a new NCO who's there to help them disarm IED's. And a story regarding the question if the new NCO is out for kicks when it comes to disarming the IED's or if he's out to kill them before they rotate back...

Had some moments here and there during the two hours it went on but still, an overall weak movie.