Author Topic: Pointe du Hoc 64  (Read 21293 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: General Spammy-ness of Point du Hoc
« Reply #30 on: 09-09-2009, 11:09:24 »
I don't think the Bazooka kit is ever used. Instead of nerfing the Germans, give the Americans some more offense. I suggest replacing the Bazooka kit with an M1 Carbine with a grenade. The usual Composition B would cause all kinds of mayhem and teamkills.

I'm glad the HEAT thing is a bug. That's the only other thing that troubles me about this map.
bazooka kit is needed for the 32 player version of the map.
it is not a smaller map but  set up to simulate the german counter attack(americans hold all flags but the homestead which is the axis main).  this features a stug IV and hanomags without bazookas the americans wont stand much of a chance.

The bazooka is also the only viable option to stop the Vierling from raping everything.  If you get the hang of it, you can hide in a crater till he runs out of ammo/overheats, then launch a 'zook round into him.  The HEAT Riflenades take several hits to destroy it and the Thermite Grenades do no damage to anything that isn't a 155mm gun.  Just killing the operator isn't viable because someone hops right back on it and continues spamming.  Hell, I've even seen a German stay hidden long enough behind enemy lines to hop on it and shoot the Americans in the back while they advanced on the next flag.

We need the Bazooka to kill the Vierling and the StUG and Hanomags in the smaller version.  We can't replace it.

Plus, if you take it away, we can't get those oh-so-satisfying infantry 'zook kills.   ;D

Offline hslan.GN_Angrybeaver

• FH-Betatester
  • EEVIIIIIIL BEAVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:01 »
limits for germanriflegrenades?!are you nuts?
the riflenades are the only way to stop the bar-rambos from dominating the map completely.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:34 »
to kill the vierling use mortar or commander artillery, easy as pie.

commander artillery is also one of the things the americans should use more often if tehy watn to win.
that hing kills the german in an area and denies access to that are for a while, that then is the exact moment for the americans to strike.

Live Long & Die Happy

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #33 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:36 »
My only grievance is the Verling @the Flak emplacement flag, and this is because I have been on the receiving end of it in a very "spawn die, spawn die spawn die, spawn die" chaos loop.  Infuriating.  So much so that I made it my soul mission to kill the lucky bastard/asshat that was on it raping points out of every map orifice.

I think the run and gun tactics will simmer down once the public become aware of the routes and tactics needed to achieve a realistic foothold for their team.  Perhaps making the front two flags 3 men to cap or even a semi push map for the US Rangers in that the Germans can't push them back too much.

Of course I'm sure in beta testing ^the above semi push may have been investigated and trialled.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:17 »
In early beta version that Vierling didnt have anything to obstruct its view! It could hit way larger areas than what it can now. So consider yourself lucky. Also, there was a SECOND vierling in that one emplacement just behind the barns next to the road (otherside of the hedges) near destroyed bunker flag. ;)

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:20 »
bazooka kit is needed for the 32 player version of the map.
it is not a smaller map but  set up to simulate the german counter attack(americans hold all flags but the homestead which is the axis main).  this features a stug IV and hanomags without bazookas the americans wont stand much of a chance.

Why is their no 64 player mode of that map? I would love to defend against a counterattack :D

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09-09-2009, 12:09:59 »
becuase it IS 64 player mode but BF only allows you to call them 16/32/64

the map is the same size as the 64 just with the "inverted" starting conditions.

and flippy you forgot that the vierling back then still had the insane splash damage that got toned down now.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09-09-2009, 13:09:54 »
the map is grenade happy, but im not about to sacrifice realism for that. The only option is to lower the number of grenades each soldier can carry to one or two, instead of five or six.

have you played this mod?.... 5 or 6 nades have never happened in any FH version... and there is no "realism" taken in to account when we assign number of nades... We could remove nades from pdh in an instant, but if we do it for axis, we need to do it for allies also as otherwise it will be reversed nadespam on the axis after the Flak bunker. map is tough, but as we've seen with teamwork allies can win.

1 Frag, 1 Heat, and 1 other rifle Frag is the same as 3 grenades, and the Rifle Grenades are worse than the normal frags.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09-09-2009, 13:09:57 »
becuase it IS 64 player mode but BF only allows you to call them 16/32/64

the map is the same size as the 64 just with the "inverted" starting conditions.

Just like Hyacinth 32 is also a 64 player map?  (More servers need to know this.)

1 Frag, 1 Heat, and 1 other rifle Frag is the same as 3 grenades, and the Rifle Grenades are worse than the normal frags.

Rifle Frag nades work off the same ammo count as the hand thrown ones, in both US and Brit/Canadian/(possibly Aussie?) kits...
« Last Edit: 09-09-2009, 13:09:56 by Ionizer »

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09-09-2009, 13:09:00 »
Since none of us have played Tunis, what new grenade thing?

Offline M00SE

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09-09-2009, 13:09:07 »
The actual battle of PDH was very bloody and many Rangers died on the beach from nades being dropped over the cliff, and also the Axis cut many of the climbing ropes as the Rangers were climbing up.

To me the slaughter on the beach and at the top of the cliffs is pretty real and the map portrays this well enough. My one complaint with the map, which is rapidly starting to put me off it is the eastern spawn point on the top of the cliffs, it is so open that you can`t even leave the bomb hole you spawn in without being raped.

It would be nice if the eastern spawn point was adjusted a bit to stop the spawn rapers doing there usual thing. It would be better to be able to spawn and move forward to at least to the next bomb hole without getting shot the moment you stick your head up. It`s just to obvious of a place to spawn and the Axis team are taking full advantage of this at the moment.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09-09-2009, 13:09:46 »
Actually, only 15 Rangers died during the landing, most were wiped out in the counter attacks.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09-09-2009, 14:09:00 »

yes but you said 5 or 6, from where did you pick this number?

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #43 on: 09-09-2009, 14:09:50 »
only 15 Rangers died

still, 15 lives lost.  15 men who paid the ultimate price
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Lobo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09-09-2009, 14:09:22 »

Only two, because is only 1 frag grenade, if you throw it you have not another one for the launcher
(the 2 german heat grenades is a bug, we forgot to add this weapon to the fewer grenades code, used in this map)