Author Topic: will we ever see a Dev team wishlist?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: will we ever see a Dev team wishlist?
« Reply #15 on: 25-02-2010, 08:02:24 »
So if I have a selfmade static I can just send it to Toddel for a quality check. If it meets your demands, Toddel tells me in which folder it will be in the next release and I can use it in my map? ( please say "yes" ;) )

lol, no. That is not what I meant  :P. This whole thread have de-railed... I thought at first it was an "what-if" thread. What if, we could have anything we wanted in the mod, like a wish-list or so.... it seems it actually was an idea that we write down things we want people to make for us... or even more obscurely, things that you want in the mod, but that we are not doing, but that you want us to put in the mod if someone else is doing it for you. weird   ;D

Static objects, vehicles, textures, sounds, effects - all can be read straight from the map, no need to put custom things in the mod... just look at how DICE did the bf2 1.5 maps, all the new content are read straight out of the maps. 8)

@Torenico: no we don't "train" anyone. Yes we have a system, it starts with an application in which you develop the map together with us until it is finished. in the past this has taken about 1 year per map. (maps like Villers-Bocage, Mount Olympus, PHL, our next patch map, operation cobra etc etc) all these maps had over a year of development on them in this application stage, which includes iterating, testing, re-doing, optimizing etc etc until the map is "done".

« Last Edit: 25-02-2010, 08:02:59 by Natty »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-02-2010, 09:02:29 »
Interesting.

*Slowly moves his mouse to Application Button...*

Nah, maybe later <3

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25-02-2010, 09:02:34 »

... just look at how DICE did the bf2 1.5 maps, all the new content are read straight out of the maps. 8)

I tried that once but not hard enough to get it work. IIRC it was necessary to manipulate a lot of files to make it work and I finallly decided to put my files in the mod, because that worked for me and the map thing didn't.

But is this the way you do it with all your statics, or do you place them in the mod?
(Sorry I don't examine it by myself, but I am just having my morning coffee and I have no time for looking at all the maps)
« Last Edit: 25-02-2010, 09:02:05 by Knitschi »

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25-02-2010, 09:02:45 »
...like we added that plane from XWWII...

What plane?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-02-2010, 09:02:27 »
What plane?
Maybe he meant...
...like we added that plane from AIX...
;)

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-02-2010, 09:02:27 »
What plane?
Maybe he meant...
...like we added that plane from AIX...
;)
That would make a lot more sense

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-02-2010, 14:02:11 »
The boring side of me has only one wish: to finish all the maps we currently are making, and secure a stabile dev process for the next major front that we will do.

can I take the Monte Cassino example as a hint for Italy as a front?  :o
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-02-2010, 14:02:19 »
The boring side of me has only one wish: to finish all the maps we currently are making, and secure a stabile dev process for the next major front that we will do.

You may, but you would be wrong. As stated before by Toddel, the next front will be the Ardennes.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-02-2010, 14:02:44 »
But is this the way you do it with all your statics, or do you place them in the mod?

uhm... no we have a mod archive where we place all the statics...  ;D

AIX I meant. sorry...  8)

no, we have not planned Italy at this moment.

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-02-2010, 15:02:08 »
So how was it done with the mount olympus map? IIRC it has its origins in the Forgotten Honor community. Did it already have its own statics when you decided to make it an official map and if so, where were the files placed at that moment and where are they placed now?

The reason for all those questions is, that I am working on a map, but I can't tell when it will be finished, or even if it will be finished. ATM I am creating some trees which I need for the map so life would be easier for me if they could be put into the official mod. The trees will fit into an late autumn/early winter western europe/Germany scenario (no snow) so they might be of good use for the dev-team mappers as well. (Assuming that you are working on the continuation of the western front)

If the map should be finished some day I secretly hope that it will meet FH2s quality standards and can be integrated into the official map collection like it happened to mount olympus. In that case, the files were already in the correct place which could save me some work.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25-02-2010, 15:02:06 »
Olympus only uses the normal africa / crete statics.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25-02-2010, 17:02:13 »

You may, but you would be wrong. As stated before by Toddel, the next front will be the Ardennes.
[/quote]

i said that?  :o

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25-02-2010, 17:02:32 »
mount olympus was created by the fht team. the mapper joined fh2 as a developer. so he brought his map to us and make it fh2 ready. it recieved custom statics and many other work from the team.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25-02-2010, 18:02:57 »
The reason for all those questions is, that I am working on a map

that sounds good Knitschi  :) continue to work, finish the map and get the guys in the forum to test it for you, a good map grows over time. No one whips out a perfect map and it's release-ready, so take your time, make people download it, learn the file structure how to run custom statics (it's easy) and let your map mature with help from players. FHT and WaW are great places for maps to get played, tested and feedbacked in as well, just look at Villers-Bocage  ;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25-02-2010, 18:02:51 »

i said that?  :o

[/quote]

yeah, in that interview on bf-games.net