Author Topic: Kitens and tread  (Read 6463 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Kitens and tread
« Reply #15 on: 22-08-2010, 19:08:58 »
@Aggroman
Dude, I DO play online... Quite a bit...

So, please, don't patronize me

EDIT: Sorry...not in the chirpiest of moods.. I take your point. But I think I'm aware of the situation online
« Last Edit: 22-08-2010, 19:08:49 by djinn »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22-08-2010, 20:08:08 »
I support Djinn +1. But for the kits I don't know. Yes for a special kit for heavy tanks, but wich heavy tanks? Only the Tiger? US don't have a heavy tank.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22-08-2010, 21:08:07 »
Lead Tank.. Not neccesarily heavy

I'm thinking, Tiger, Tiger II, Panthers?, Churchill, 76MM Shermn, Firefly...Basiclly, the 'killers'

With them being SL leader only, you get a spawn point and maybe, possibly, a commander vehicle... I definitely think the commander should be able to lead from the battefield, even if he can't use his assets

I guess the kits aspect is also based on the mentalty that people would take their roles moret seriously if they selected it as a kit from the menu... And uniforms to go with it

Frankly, I put more heart and mind into te 'tread' aspect of the suggestion

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22-08-2010, 21:08:47 »
Simple

if it was simple.. don't you think they would have done this?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22-08-2010, 21:08:38 »
Aparantly, the Dials for the Mobile arty were simple, or so they say, but look how long it too them to realize that..

Fine! Lock this thread away. Let's discuss rare WW2 weapons and variants of APCs  instead

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22-08-2010, 23:08:12 »
pronlem is FH2 lack coders to do all the work that requies those special gameplay changes . people already voted that they prefer a longer supresion shader effect , but it has not changed and i doubt its gonna be changed , because the coder that did it is not in the team anymore.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #21 on: 22-08-2010, 23:08:06 »
Tank hardly ever blew up. Tank crews would often keep on firing at the target until they saw fire or the crew bailing out so they could confirm a kill. Apart from these two signs, it was very hard to confirm a fatal hit.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #22 on: 23-08-2010, 00:08:22 »
Any comments of BGF tank motion?

Or the Kits?

BGF tank motion makes me jizz.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23-08-2010, 06:08:44 »
Tank hardly ever blew up. Tank crews would often keep on firing at the target until they saw fire or the crew bailing out so they could confirm a kill. Apart from these two signs, it was very hard to confirm a fatal hit.
Correct. For example, watch the footage of the tank duell in Cologne in the POTD thread. The Panther was hit on the fuel tank and thus started to burn wereas the Sherman didn´t explode, too, after a short-range hit from the Panther. You don´t see those magic explosions, as seen in-game, so mobility kills would indeed be nice. But then, I´m not sure if the work is worth the result.
BGF tank gameplay is pretty cool, you really feel like you´re inside a big, slow steel monster.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23-08-2010, 08:08:12 »
I would like to try this BGF tank please. Would anyone happen to have a link to a download?

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23-08-2010, 12:08:18 »
I support modules failing on tanks after taking some beating! It'd be much more "real".
Maybe even to add a possibility that the tank could go on fire (if possible with the BF engine ofc) ?
Like it get's on fire and the tank health get's drained away. And I would also partially support the kits! I think only planes should be undriveable without pilot kits. It's stupid...

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-08-2010, 12:08:18 »
The tank acceleration is what makes my mouth water.... BGF tank motion, imo, is is even moreinteresting than FH1's which was excellent in my opinion. I think our engine souds have more personality, but theirs comes across more impressive on the basis of the tank motion.

Mobility kill is the second thing I'd really want to see. We aleady have fire on the engine deck @ low health. We just ned this order in place:
1/ Full health = BGF tank motion
2/ Lower than halfway down = smoki
3/ Lower down = sparks
4/ Almost 0% = Turret traverse sensitivity reduced, Tige turret gone, fire on engine deck
5/ 0% = Mobility kill
6/ Some way down below 0 = Cannon fail
7/ Furher below = Turret rotation fail, tank can only fire coax and other mgs in the direction the turret and tank is facing
8/ Lower down = Tank destroyed, Sparks and smoke only
9/ Vehicle clearance from screen = Blow up... If not possible to hav this with static before normal clearance

Aternatively, 0% = mobilit and turret traverse total fail. Tank can still fire but only in a straight line.
« Last Edit: 23-08-2010, 12:08:18 by djinn »

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-08-2010, 13:08:35 »
IIRC , PR tank system is/was like this:

when your tank health is lower than 50% , one of those things could happen:

-right/left track dissable
-both track dissable
-turret rotation gone
-combination of the above
-nothing

it was random i think , so you may even explode without any of the above system failure .

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23-08-2010, 14:08:53 »
Maybe depended on the degree of damage caused by whatever hit the tank... Not sure BF2 can do random

Then again, Fh2 tanks used explode or simply change to estroyed static once upon a time, so you never know

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23-08-2010, 15:08:40 »
phyton can handle random i think , but im not sure :P